Discussion BLACK LIVES MATTER

Varunastra

Pirate Master
IMG_20200603_031832_454.jpg

Every living being matters... Here's to hoping things get better for everyone and that everyone can get along to make this world a better place for everyone. <3
That's a good sentiment, however, the BLM movement is meant to highlight and uplift black people specifically. I'm sure you meant no disrespect by this, but it can be seen as insensitive because a lot of people who say things like "all lives matter" do it just to be abrasive and because they don't believe black people have more hardships than white people (which they actually do, due to many terrible events in our history).

That's a good sentiment, however, the BLM movement is meant to highlight and uplift black people specifically. I'm sure you meant no disrespect by this, but it can be seen as insensitive because a lot of people who say things like "all lives matter" do it just to be abrasive and because they don't believe black people have more hardships than white people (which they actually do, due to many terrible events in our history).
Even though I don't like or agree with some of the things going on right now in the world, I definitely meant no disrespect. However I honestly wish this movement was for more than just black lives cause I know of other races/people that have had it extremely hard as well but I'm not going to go into detail on that because this definitely isn't the place to do so and I don't want to say something and have people take it the wrong way..

Back