Creaven

Notorious Pirate
EdK3YU2.png

Tomorrow is the day!

Feel free to discuss anything here regarding the game.​

EdK3YU2.png

Tomorrow is the day!

Feel free to discuss anything here regarding the game.​
Does anyone ever play the single player campaigns any more. Multi player is fun, but is so riddled with hakers it isn't worth playing any more.
And no, no game can stop cheaters. CofD not only couldn't stop hacks, they added hacks themselves into the games. When you see outlines as you go forward, that is actually a derivative/mutation of COD's own version of wall hack and aimers for players to use in game instead of 3rd party hacks. I guess it's like, if you can't beat em, join em. Put them in game so everyone has the hack in some form or another.

Does anyone ever play the single player campaigns any more.
There has always been a distribution between players immediately playing multiplayer and zombies / any other mode and players first doing the singleplayer and then the rest. I myself have played every Call of Duty game except for Advanced Warfare & Infinite War as they really ruined Call of Duty.

Multi player is fun, but is so riddled with hakers it isn't worth playing any more.
This isn't true. The only games that have been infected by hackers are those that are now years old. We're talking about 2010 and earlier here. The newer games has them too but not so much compared to let's say Black Ops 1 and World at War.

Does anyone ever play the single player campaigns any more. Multi player is fun, but is so riddled with hakers it isn't worth playing any more.
And no, no game can stop cheaters. CofD not only couldn't stop hacks, they added hacks themselves into the games. When you see outlines as you go forward, that is actually a derivative/mutation of COD's own version of wall hack and aimers for players to use in game instead of 3rd party hacks. I guess it's like, if you can't beat em, join em. Put them in game so everyone has the hack in some form or another.
This isn't entirely true either. They don't put hacks into the game just for people to use them. They have been very combative with hackers for a while now and they will deal with anyone that is there to ruin the fun for others. They have been very open with open communication so if people were to mention hackers they would surely look into it as soon as they see anything.

I've been a CoD modder myself in the past and although I never ruined the fun for anyone I was just very gentle with giving them XP and hosted fun lobbies just to mess around in. The only game I've been caught on doing this is Modern Wafare 2 and that is 3+ years ago. Am I mad about it? No. Would I classify myself as a bad one? Certainly no! Would I do it again? Yep.

There has always been a distribution between players immediately playing multiplayer and zombies / any other mode and players first doing the singleplayer and then the rest. I myself have played every Call of Duty game except for Advanced Warfare & Infinite War as they really ruined Call of Duty.

This isn't true. The only games that have been infected by hackers are those that are now years old. We're talking about 2010 and earlier here. The newer games has them too but not so much compared to let's say Black Ops 1 and World at War.

This isn't entirely true either. They don't put hacks into the game just for people to use them. They have been very combative with hackers for a while now and they will deal with anyone that is there to ruin the fun for others. They have been very open with open communication so if people were to mention hackers they would surely look into it as soon as they see anything.

I've been a CoD modder myself in the past and although I never ruined the fun for anyone I was just very gentle with giving them XP and hosted fun lobbies just to mess around in. The only game I've been caught on doing this is Modern Wafare 2 and that is 3+ years ago. Am I mad about it? No. Would I classify myself as a bad one? Certainly no! Would I do it again? Yep.

There's cod modders and cod hackers who call themselves modders. I'm not going there because this isn't about us. I don't feel my comments about cheating is off topic as its about cod.
I disagree with your contention that hacking is light in modern games. I believe it's more advanced is all. One of the reasons big games open themselves to accepted mods IS to regulate hacks. To allow these creative hackers to 'create' alternate maps and things actually cuts down on other hacks. Plus, there's a huge cottage industry of modders who may even make money if the big games buy their mods. The outlines and effects and abilities that cod has introduced into the game ARE from developer hacks and shortcuts. If everyone has a minor ability to see thru walls and cod calls it 'future vision, xray vision or some other nonsense so new people don't even know they are using old hacks in game allowed and designed by cod. Now by doing this cod has taken away a lot of the fun to do these hacks because everyone has it in game to an extent. Yes, you see thru walls for a sec, while the full wall hack is on full time for hackers, they now don't have much advantage. cod has aimbots in game as well. You don't have to turn them on, but there they are. They have different cool names, but they were personal hacks prior to developers putting them in game. All big game developers are doing is putting in once illegal hacks and making them some sort of creative part of play. As new hacks come out, the developers call them special abilities and let you earn a hack to use. The concept is simple once people understand what they are doing.
If someone indepenently writes code that allows them to improve their advantage, big games decided that instead of costing money suing or finding them, just add it to the game. Yes, it's more involved, but I'm being simplistic for points sake.

I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but this is for other people.

"The only game I've been caught in" ... "although I never ruined the fun for anyone I was just very gentle with giving them XP and hosted fun lobbies just to mess around in."
The only game I've been caught on doing this is Modern Wafare 2

I guess Activision, Blizzard and EA would disagree with your innocent messing around fun contentions.

Last edited:
Back