Blockade for the History Books

Captain Del

Pirate
Hopefully most of you are aware of the large movement that was occurring last night - dozens upon dozens of pirates were called upon to help defend our very way of life, and our rum!

The call was given to pirates of all guilds, across numerous fan sites, as a way to unite the Caribbean through a single, unstoppable force. And by this, what a force we created!

Last night, we far surpassed our goal of stretching from Tortuga to Devil's Anvil - for after we reached Devil's, we then formed a line from Devil's Anvil to Port Port Royal! In fact, the Blockade was so long, you couldn't even see end to end!

The only other blockade of relative length was formed by the Brethren Court back in Late June of 2009, which spanned directly between Tortuga and Port Royal - but, I think we've made our brethren very proud this fine evening!

Here are a few screenshots from the "Great Wall of the Caribbean:"

A chaotic start, and that description puts it kindly....

screenshot_2011-06-17_21-32-49-2.jpg

...But once we got rolling, there was no stopping us! (And yes, the Queen Anne's Revenge did attempt to crash the party - she even went up and down the entire blockade trying to break us!)

screenshot_2011-06-17_21-38-37-1.jpg

screenshot_2011-06-17_21-39-25-1-1.jpg

After the blockade had scared off all those Navy and EITC ships trying to smuggle our rum, we began to form a massive fleet to carry our invasion towards Kingshead!

screenshot_2011-06-17_21-43-02-1-1.jpg

And once we had finally landed at the stronghold, we gathered outside the gates where we prepared our offensive!

screenshot_2011-06-17_21-47-34-1-1.jpg

And although I did not get a chance to take a picture of us all storming the Keep (too busy cutting down all of those redcoat mongrels!) we did manage to hold a little victory party in the top jail of the fortress, where I was gladly told that casualties were at a minimum:

screenshot_2011-06-17_21-58-38-1.jpg

I want to thank all the pirates who held named to make this possible, especially the guild representatives that I ferried information through crew chat - they deserve a round of applause for putting up with my vicious Caps Spam!

So, let it be known! Summer in the Caribbean has arrived, and the pirates who dwell within it are ready to face whatever is thrown at them!

Keep a weathered eye on the horizon, mates! More events like these will be coming from me in the weeks and months to come - and all I can promise is, you will see bigger and better gatherings soon enough!

I love the second and third screenshots, very organized. It's neat to see that everybody in your crew was the Captain of his/her own ship.

Wish i could have been there, but i had a softball game i had to go to. Looks like it was a blast! Hopefully i can make the next one.

Who were you beating inside the jail (EITC)? You just aggravated him and let him follow you inside the jail and beat him up there? Nice formation and nice video, btw. :)

i was there.... i launched my ship at tortuga randomly and this HUGE line of ships + lag came.
i have screen shots of the jail part too :)
there was like 40 ppl there and i cant find the screen shots and i dont feel like looking through my 3000 unorganized screen shots...

i was there.... i launched my ship at tortuga randomly and this HUGE line of ships + lag came.
i have screen shots of the jail part too :)
there was like 40 ppl there and i cant find the screen shots and i dont feel like looking through my 3000 unorganized screen shots...
It's not hard to organize them. All you have to do is list them than sort(by date) them...lol

Back