Book Recommendations?

A couple book series I've gotten into recently...

(Just a side note, these are all a bit darker so unless you feel comfortable with that type of thing then I wouldn't recommend these for you but I'll take a chance and assume you might be.)

The Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey (This book was recommended to me by a friend and even she said it was one of the darker book series she's ever read. As for me, this was the first book series I have read that I was actually disgusted and intrigued by at the same time. ) ((Side note: Do not read this book series while eating. ))

The Forgotten Legion Chronicles by Ben Kane (A Roman-era fiction. It has some nice history tied in as well so I found it enjoyable.)
I'll have to check those out myself.

You said you've already read Percy Jackson, so have you gotten to the Heroes of Olympus series yet? It's a continuation series about (SPOILER ALERT) Prophecy of Seven that Rachel talks about in the end of PJO. I'm actually reading it myself, and I'm currently on the third in the series.

You said you've already read Percy Jackson, so have you gotten to the Heroes of Olympus series yet? It's a continuation series about (SPOILER ALERT) Prophecy of Seven that Rachel talks about in the end of PJO. I'm actually reading it myself, and I'm currently on the third in the series.
Jbird! Ahoy mate!
And I still need to acquire that series! Maybe I'll get it from Half Price Books...

Hey, not sure if you're still looking for new books. I've got quite the list of things I can think of. Here's some that you may or may not have read that I personally absolutely loved. They all definitely have more than one book to them, though some of them might actually be hard to find because they're not entirely popular. I'm listing the first books of each series:

The Lost Years of Merlin by T.A. Barron
The Frog Princess by ED Baker (Don't think of that one movie, this is a different setting with different characters and different plot)
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
The Ranger's Apprentice: Ruins of Gorlan (though that was said)
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
The Alchemist by Michael Scott
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke

I know you said that you prefer a story with more than one book, but
Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
I read that book many times.

Well there you go, a whole dump of books that I thought of.
Basically, if there's medieval and/or magical elements involved, I will read it.

And if you've read all these books already then wow. Because 90% of the time, people won't know what some of these books are when I mention them, even the heavy readers. xD

The Frog Princess series was my childhood favourite. I still love it. I checked them out from my library, and the librarian even let me keep one of the books because I read it so much and they were about to withdraw it xD

Hey, not sure if you're still looking for new books. I've got quite the list of things I can think of. Here's some that you may or may not have read that I personally absolutely loved. They all definitely have more than one book to them, though some of them might actually be hard to find because they're not entirely popular. I'm listing the first books of each series:

The Lost Years of Merlin by T.A. Barron
The Frog Princess by ED Baker (Don't think of that one movie, this is a different setting with different characters and different plot)
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
The Ranger's Apprentice: Ruins of Gorlan (though that was said)
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
The Alchemist by Michael Scott
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke

I know you said that you prefer a story with more than one book, but
Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
I read that book many times.

Well there you go, a whole dump of books that I thought of.
Basically, if there's medieval and/or magical elements involved, I will read it.

And if you've read all these books already then wow. Because 90% of the time, people won't know what some of these books are when I mention them, even the heavy readers. xD

The Frog Princess series was my childhood favourite. I still love it. I checked them out from my library, and the librarian even let me keep one of the books because I read it so much and they were about to withdraw it xD

The Alchemist by Micheal Scott was such a good book ^^

Killer Angels- Really good Civil War book about the Battle of Gettysburg and the emotions and strategies put into both sides
Pathfinder- Sci-Fi book written by Orson Scott Card (same dude as Enders Game). About a kid who grew up on a planet called Garden and he realizes he can see the paths of the people before him and his journey

The Legend series was an extremely good series to read.

I also recommend the Arcana Chronicles series if you're into realllllly intense fantasy books.

I love books by Ellen Hopkins... They are usually based around drug addiction and tragedy, but that's what makes them so good!

Edit: Forgot to mention the stories are told through poems on each page. Very powerful.

A series of books I've literally just started and I've been slow reading for the past couple months from a recommendation of a favorite author of mine (George R.R. Martin) is the "Realm of the Enderlings series". It's a series of books fulfilled by multiple trilogy series. So far there's 4. I'm currently on the first one the Farseer series/trilogy and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Each book I believe is about 300+ pages long and in many ways, much like Game of Thrones. Less in plot and more in setting, writing style, length and quality of the series. (and writing time.. like holy moly..)

In any case, here's a list of the entire series so far if you're interested in hopping in:

The Realm of the Elderlings is written in chronological order so here's a list of how it goes:

The Farseer Trilogy:
1) Assassin's Apprentice
2) Royal Assassin
3) Assassin's Quest

Followed by the Liveship Traders Trilogy
1) Ship of Magic
2) Mad Ship
3) Ship of Destiny

Followed by The Tawny Man Trilogy
1) Fool's Errand
2) Golden Fool
3) Fool's Fate

Followed by The Rain Wilds Chronicles
1) Dragon Keeper
2) Dragon Haven
3) City of Dragons
4) Blood of Dragons

And finally, The Fitz and the Fool Trilogy
1) Fool's Assassin
2) Fool's Quest
3)...

I'd give you a summary at least of at least the book I've read but to be honest, the summary you get when you first look at the book is about what I'd be able to tell you without spoiling too much..

Hope I'm not necro'ing this thread too much, but if you're still looking...

First off, I'll second the 5 trilogies that Solomon Warshot has posted -- I've read Farseer, Tawny Man, and Fitz and the Fool Trilogies and they were all very good. Also, the Wheel of Time series is great but I would advise against going in it unless you have a lot of faith in the author and are heavily invested into the story (both the beginning of Book 1 and Books 6-8 are very slow).

If you're into high fantasy, you should also check out the Stormlight Archive and Mistborn series. Both are written by Brandon Sanderson and both series (the first book of Stormlight Archive in particular) show really passionate storytelling with very relatable and strong characters.

If you're willing to venture into standalone books, Philip K. D.'s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is a great pivot into the cyberpunk sci-fi genre, with a healthy dose of philosophy sprinkled in.

Another fantasy series that has come to mind is The Kingkiller Chronicles by Pat Rothfuss. Great read, and probably considered to be one of the best fantasy series in-progress.

...Well, if you're only looking for one series (or are completely overwhelmed by the suggestions on this thread), I suggest that you at least pick up the Stormlight Archive series. You won't be disappointed.

Back