Book Recommendations?

Thank you all! I have kind of forgotten to reply to this thread but Ive been trying to hunt down most of the books you have all mentioned in ebook form :p I will keep this thread open though for suggestions in case other people are wondering

Hey all, been awhile since I posted here :oops:

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you has any good book recommendations for the moment? I prefer trilogies or just anything as long as it's not only 1 book haha. I've read all my books in all these years, and plenty of times each. I have been looking for something new, I still haven't found anything though, so I thought of asking here. I like pretty much anything as long as the plot itself isn't boring and the whole thing doesn't look like a soapopera.

**Please don't write Hunger Games, Divergent Series, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit.
The Ranger's Apprentice series is FANTASTIC!!! I loved it! I own all of them. Easy reads, very endearing, very exciting, and WARNING...can't put down once you start reading.

Definitely have to go with my all time favorite The Witcher series of novels. If you've played the games, then you'll surely love the books, and if you haven't the books are still an amazingly fun read. The author Andrzej Sapkowski takes us through a tale of the adventures of Geralt of Rivia in his fantasy world, never for one moment forgetting to keep building the intricate politics and affairs of the nations he's created, their problems, the wars, while still conveying the overall plot of Geralt and his goal.

The entire series is 8 books. The first 2 books are collections of short stories (untied to the plot, but provide more insight into the character and the world), then 5 books of the actual story and 1 prequel. My recommended order of reading them would be: go with the short stories first, follow up with the 5 books and end with the prequel. Reading the prequel last instead of first brings a lot of closure, feels and clarity at the end, whereas if you read it first I have no doubt you're just going to end up with a lot of unanswered questions.

I re-read all of them at least once every year just because it never gets boring.

Reclaim Your Heart- Yasmin Mogahed

It's a great read regardless of anyone's differences in beliefs.

1. The Harry Potter book series

2. The Hunger Games book series

3. Sherlock Holmes ( I don't think there is a book series for that. Just books after books with different cases. Nonetheless very enjoyable to read.)

These are my favorite books/ books series. So these are my recommendations :)

His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
The Magicians Trilogy by Lev Grossman.
The Jumper Series by Steven Gould.
Neverwhere and American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
The Earthsea Cycle by Ursula le Guin.

My favorite trilogy is Serenity Falls by James A. Moore. It's horror but not too creepy. He actually has a ton of good books and usually writes in trilogies or at least 2 book series for a ton of his work. The Harvest series is a really good 5 book series by him as well :)

I recommend the Mortality Doctrine Trilogy by James Dashner. ("The Eye of Minds" "The Rule of Thoughts" and "The Game of Lives") :)

Here's the summary of the first book off of Amazon. :p

"The VirtNet offers total mind and body immersion, and the more hacking skills you have, the more fun it is. Why bother following the rules when it’s so easy to break them? But some rules were made for a reason. Some technology is too dangerous to fool with. And one gamer has been doing exactly that, with murderous results.
The government knows that to catch a hacker, you need a hacker. And they’ve been watching Michael. If he accepts their challenge, Michael will need to go off the VirtNet grid, to the back alleys and corners of the system human eyes have never seen—and it’s possible that the line between game and reality will be blurred forever.
The author who brought you the #1 New York Times bestselling MAZE RUNNER series and two #1 movies—The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials—now brings you The Eye of Minds, the first book in THE MORTALITY DOCTRINE series, an edge-of-your-seat adventure that takes you into a world of hyperadvanced technology, cyber terrorists, and gaming beyond your wildest dreams . . . and your worst nightmares."

I have liked Stephen King in the past, but hate the language, vulgarity, and *** in his books. I prefer true psychological thrillers that at the end of the book you're wanting for more. So, I'm am an avid reader...suggestions? I love, love, love Ted Dekker. He fits my reading profile well. However, I'm open to all and am always willing to read something new.

Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, there are 9 to the books I believe. They truly are the greatest. About avian bird kids. They kick butt and have a fun time.

I don't do spontaneous reading, but I figured I would with this book since the people I look up to, famous or non-famous, rich or poor.. have read this book. So I figured I would.

The Alchamist:

An enchanting novel which has inspired people all around the world. This story, dazzling in its powerful simplicity and inspiring wisdom has taken a life of its own, creating a movement all around the globe.

Wow, I have read way too many books, so I am here to help!
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)
Maze Runner
Hunger Games
Divergent
The Prey
Half Bad
Storyspinner (idk if this is two books or not, but it was really good)
The Selection
Gone (by Michael Grant)

I can't think of anymore atm, but if I do I'll be sure to add!

Wow, I have read way too many books, so I am here to help!
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)
Maze Runner
Hunger Games
Divergent
The Prey
Half Bad
Storyspinner (idk if this is two books or not, but it was really good)
The Selection
Gone (by Michael Grant)

I can't think of anymore atm, but if I do I'll be sure to add!
Out of all those.. what is your most favorite.. (I wanna read a 2nd book)

Out of all those.. what is your most favorite.. (I wanna read a 2nd book)
It would probably be "I am Number Four". That is really action packed, long, and there is some romance. If you don't want romance, "Half Bad" or "The Prey" may be better.

If this is still around-ish

I suggest Hugh Howey. Quite a bit of his writing is dark, but excellent.
Especially Beacon 23. Really interesting read.
Sadly, its hard to get a hard copy (but most of his stuff is free via Kindle Unlimited)

Something I read a long time ago was the pendragon series it was amazing and it kinda got me through my teen years. Also a series of unfortunate events, and Dean Koontz Odd Thomas

Back