Book Recommendations?

Irene

Digital Artist
Hey all, been awhile since I posted here :oops:

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you has any good book recommendations for the moment? I prefer trilogies or just anything as long as it's not only 1 book haha. I've read all my books in all these years, and plenty of times each. I have been looking for something new, I still haven't found anything though, so I thought of asking here. I like pretty much anything as long as the plot itself isn't boring and the whole thing doesn't look like a soapopera.

**Please don't write Hunger Games, Divergent Series, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit.

Well, you wrote a couple I was going to recommend if you hadn't already read them (GOT and Divergent series)... But, I do have a book quartet to recommend. My oldest son had to read The Giver and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry in his Lit class this year. They are on Gathering Blue atm. I decided to read them myself last year. I've read The Giver, Gathering Blue and Messenger, all of which are extremely good books. I've yet to read the last one, Son, because I'm having trouble finding it through my local library. I'll get that one read one day though.

Here is a wiki post about the quartet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_Quartet

Well, you wrote a couple I was going to recommend if you hadn't already read them (GOT and Divergent series)... But, I do have a book quartet to recommend. My oldest son had to read The Giver and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry in his Lit class this year. They are on Gathering Blue atm. I decided to read them myself last year. I've read The Giver, Gathering Blue and Messenger, all of which are extremely good books. I've yet to read the last one, Son, because I'm having trouble finding it through my local library. I'll get that one read one day though.

Here is a wiki post about the quartet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_Quartet

Yeah haha I have read those books I listed countless of times hence why I have been looking for something new.
I have watched The Giver, I didn't know there were books too. I will be downloading them then, thanks Kate ^^

You're welcome!

Have you read The Maze Runner series? I've loved them. So much more than the movies. My oldest got the box set for Christmas from my mother which includes the prequel. I've got to read that one still, lol.

You're welcome!

Have you read The Maze Runner series? I've loved them. So much more than the movies. My oldest got the box set for Christmas from my mother which includes the prequel. I've got to read that one still, lol.

Yeah I've read those too hehe
I didn't like the movies though, or Divergent. They are both the same with Hunger Games

Wheel of Time!! My favourite book series. Also, don't read wiki. Google explain wheel of Time no spoilers

I didn't read wiki lolol I did click on the link though :p and thanks. I'm going to Rome next week so that's the main reason I've been looking out for books. I'll list this down too

Im going to write a whole list..... XD

-Throne of Glass series
-Graceling series
-Counting by 7s
-Fish in a Tree
-Incarceron Series
-The Orphan Queen
-An Ember in the Ashes
-Legend Triology
-Young Elites Triology
-Catcher in the Rye
-All Our Yesterdays

^^

Im going to write a whole list..... XD

-Throne of Glass series
-Graceling series
-Counting by 7s
-Fish in a Tree
-Incarceron Series
-The Orphan Queen
-An Ember in the Ashes
-Legend Triology
-Young Elites Triology
-Catcher in the Rye
-All Our Yesterdays

^^

oo well that's a lot, thanks for the whole list :)

The Dark Elf Trilogy (basically a three book prequel to the Icewind Dale Trilogy, but I read the prequel trilogy first)
The Heir Chronicles (-Warrior Heir, -Wizard Heir, -Dragon Heir)
Temeraire (I believe it's 5 or 6 books, but it's an entire historically-based fantasy series about dragons, all revolving around real-world events in the Napoleonic-era)
Vampirates (6 books)
Percy Jackson and the Olympians

The Walk Series by Richard Paul Evans, I'm reading the series now, and if you are looking for some good, down-to-earth, wholehearted inspiration this series is the one.

A couple book series I've gotten into recently...

(Just a side note, these are all a bit darker so unless you feel comfortable with that type of thing then I wouldn't recommend these for you but I'll take a chance and assume you might be.)

The Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey (This book serieswas recommended to me by a friend and even she said it was one of the darker book series she's ever read. As for me, this was the first book series I have read that I was actually disgusted and intrigued by at the same time. ) ((Side note: Do not read this book series while eating. ))

The Forgotten Legion Chronicles by Ben Kane (A Roman-era fiction. It has some nice history tied in as well so I found it enjoyable. The reason some write dislikes for it is due to some of the topics within but considering the time period it was written for, I didn't mind since I just consider it something that was common during that time.)

Back