Suggestion Booting From Your Ship

No cause then they'll sit get loot for your hard work while they didn't do anything

I struggle a lot with that idea as I have said several times in discussions about booting I dont think you get any extra or any less for more people being on your ship very often before i dock i tell our guild to hop on the ship and collect free loot and gold at no point have I felt I got less because they jumped on. I think as soon as you hit that dock button every single person on that ship whether 1 or 16 gets a percentage of what the cargo is worth. I figure there is a algorithm within the codes that tallys up what cargo you have and distributes it then anything thats extra is just trashed.

I struggle a lot with that idea as I have said several times in discussions about booting I dont think you get any extra or any less for more people being on your ship very often before i dock i tell our guild to hop on the ship and collect free loot and gold at no point have I felt I got less because they jumped on. I think as soon as you hit that dock button every single person on that ship whether 1 or 16 gets a percentage of what the cargo is worth. I figure there is a algorithm within the codes that tallys up what cargo you have and distributes it then anything thats extra is just trashed.
You are missing my point I'm saying when someone whose not invited just sits and does nothing to help get loot they should be kicked off my ship got basically afking

Plus idc if I get more or less I want people who don't help me get it booted from my ship

You are missing my point I'm saying when someone whose not invited just sits and does nothing to help get loot they should be kicked off my ship got basically afking

I am saying if someone does ANYthing you dont like you should be able to kick them off the ship you earned gold to buy XD I dont know about you guys but i believe in personal property if I bought something, if I paid to upgrade something, if I put the gold out there it should be mine to do what I please with lol.

I am saying if someone does ANYthing you dont like you should be able to kick them off the ship you earned gold to buy XD I dont know about you guys but i believe in personal property if I bought something, if I paid to upgrade something, if I put the gold out there it should be mine to do what I please with lol.
I'm all for it but my biggest problem is with people who are basically leaches

:eek:...no shooting of humans allowed in TLoPO!
I believe :fish:and :pirate duel: are acceptable alternatives.......or possibly :walk the plank: :)

:( Cant I just pick them up and throw them from the crows nest onto the deck of a ship like that scene in the movie Dogma where Ben Affleck is throwing all those guys bodies down after ripping their heads off? So many awful beautiful things i can think of to do with leeches...

I really hope that isn't deemed hostile XD Disclaimer for the mods it was a joke feel free to delete that post if it seems to awful lol.

To the thread starter,
Was simply sailing away from the enemies not an option?
When I have unruly pirates (rarely, I usually sail alone or with my bro), I simply leave the vicinity or use the side they are not on.
What other options you suggest might not be relevant or fair.
Pirates gonna shoot ships. Simple.

Whenever this happens to me (sometimes when I'm already fighting hunters and such) I just say my ship to attack one ship at a time. If the people on cannon can sink any other ship while I'm focusing on one of five, good.

I fight ships as if I'm sailing with them. Therefore I don't get hit very often. I rarely if ever stop to shoot at a ship, because I know then I'll be hit.

It's more about the tactic you use than the number of ships you're fighting. While it may be annoying, it doesn't for me at least, mean the end of the world.

All of a sudden you have three Black Harbingers, a Colossus, and a Sea Viper on your tail. It takes a mere ten seconds before your ship is shot to death by a million Fury, Firebrand, and other various shots and you lose all that plunder. And to top it all off, you have to spend a pretty penny to get that War Fed.
LUL, Git Gud M8

I like the idea of booting jerky pirates off your ship, but I can totally see this being misused.

I could see pieates putting their ships on public, getting a full crew and defeating many hunters/warships then boot everyone before porting.

I feel like this is something that would take the fun out of sailing with other players as selfish pirates are about.

Perhaps instead of immediately booting, you have to report the pirate first for unfair play aboard the ship then perhaps it would give the option to boot.

If they didn't do anything, they shouldn't get anything.
I agree!
Pirates who board ships and do not help out on cannons or repairs should not get to take part in the loot.

I think it's unfair when someone boards then goes AFK and they are taking up a spot on the ship that a player who actually wants to help out could have.

If you don't cannon (not just sit and hog a cannon but actually help damage enemy ships) or don't repair the ship (if there are not enough cannons you can repair the ship) then loot should not be awarded to that pirate.

If no loot seems too steep then a small portion of gold perhaps 50 gold to those who do not help the crew out.

I like the idea of booting jerky pirates off your ship, but I can totally see this being misused.

I could see pieates putting their ships on public, getting a full crew and defeating many hunters/warships then boot everyone before porting.

I feel like this is something that would take the fun out of sailing with other players as selfish pirates are about.

Perhaps instead of immediately booting, you have to report the pirate first for unfair play aboard the ship then perhaps it would give the option to boot.

See this keeps being brought up yes this is possible but from what I have seen I dont think you get any extra gold or loot or any less based on the ammount of people on your ship when you Dock I wish a dev could prove or dispel this idea for sure but from what I noticedIm not getting anything extra so there would be no point in booting everyone off the ship .

I agree!
Pirates who board ships and do not help out on cannons or repairs should not get to take part in the loot.

I think it's unfair when someone boards then goes AFK and they are taking up a spot on the ship that a player who actually wants to help out could have.

If you don't cannon (not just sit and hog a cannon but actually help damage enemy ships) or don't repair the ship (if there are not enough cannons you can repair the ship) then loot should not be awarded to that pirate.

If no loot seems too steep then a small portion of gold perhaps 50 gold to those who do not help the crew out.

This idea isn't really viable because repairs don't always exist. Plenty of captains can sail in battle without ever taking a single hit, especially from normal ships. One side of cannoneers will get their loot, and anyone that wasn't hogging one of those cannons is flat out of luck.

I dont think you get any extra gold or loot or any less based on the ammount of people on your ship when you Dock

It doesn't. But that doesn't change the fact that there are people out there that will kick everyone anyway. There are good and bad sides to the anonymity of the internet, and this is one of the bad sides.

This has been discussed thoroughly, and I am still against a kick option.

Captains would just kick everyone off the ship before docking and they would get nothing. However, if they got all the loot that had been plundered so far, that would be acceptable.

I completely understand the concern here but in truth, why would a captain want to boot everyone off his/her ship? makes no sense. not only does it not matter how many people are on the ship because everyone gets the same amount of loot no matter what, but then the captain has to go out and hope a whole new crew joins him. why throw away a gift like a crew? now, if the ship is about to go down because no one is actually repairing the ship, then those people might deserve to get kicked. that is the only reason I see for kicking everyone off the ship before it ports. others might have other reasons, i'm sure. but, all in all, especially if someone is endangering the ship then the captain deserves the right to kick them from their ship.

Back