Question Boredom at lvl 50

Yes many games are constantly checking if you're cheating, but everything client side can be tricked. You must have some kind of server side check if you want to ensure it to be cheat-proof. If the inventory is stored solely clientside, it would be absolutely trivial to change it while ensuring all the metadata (hidden data) says what it's supposed to.
Note: I am not advocating cheating in any way, nor am I suggesting this possible in TLOPO. In fact I am explaining why TLOPO would have been designed a certain way specifically to make this particular kind of cheating impossible. I also disclaim any inside knowledge of TLOPO - I have none. I speak solely from the perspective of a game developer with general knowledge.

As for your "50 meg" file (I just updated for 22mb), that's just whatever changes they made to the client when they pushed the update. Even if the patch notes are all server stuff, they usually say "code cleanup" or "code maintenance" - it's likely they changed something in the client files. If not, it could just be that they store the version data in a file with a bunch of other data, so that version data file needs to be downloaded on every update, so it has to download all the other stuff in that file anyway - making it bigger than just a few kb. I don't know the details behind TLOPO specifically. The point is, a file or some files were changed, so you must download the new ones to play.
Perhaps you can opine on how it's possible to have the same exact amount in a download more or less consistently. I see the 22.4 or so, exact count many times in a row. And I'm not talking the ones where 3 different files loaded on that date.

Perhaps you can opine on how it's possible to have the same exact amount in a download more or less consistently. I see the 22.4 or so, exact count many times in a row. And I'm not talking the ones where 3 different files loaded on that date.
That's more or less what the second paragraph was about. It's possibly downloading the same file(s) which have had a minimal amount of changes. And again, I don't claim any knowledge of TLOPO's specific procedures. Asking me that is like asking me why your car makes a certain noise - I may know a lot about cars in general, but I can't talk about specific things about your car until I've seen your car myself.

More importantly, how is it even relevant to the original point? (anti-cheat)
But perhaps even more important than that, it's not relevant to this thread and we've been talking about it a lil' too long.

That's more or less what the second paragraph was about. It's possibly downloading the same file(s) which have had a minimal amount of changes. And again, I don't claim any knowledge of TLOPO's specific procedures. Asking me that is like asking me why your car makes a certain noise - I may know a lot about cars in general, but I can't talk about specific things about your car until I've seen your car myself.

More importantly, how is it even relevant to the original point? (anti-cheat)
But perhaps even more important than that, it's not relevant to this thread and we've been talking about it a lil' too long.
Yes and I see that and apologize, I helped run it off about loot bags.
Maybe at 50 one can go back and take out any missed quests in seconds. I'm still trying to finish the pearl quest, but my higher level does make it easier when I do work it.

Last edited:
Give back to those whom could benefit from your (lvl 50) skill! In short, put yourself out there for some "kid" whom could really use a MENTOR (not only 'gaming' per se but also, online and in life):
Nice idea, but I think that guilds can do this service as well. But may be cool to impart your experience you gained as well.
I don't do extra accounts, but doesn't a level 50 come in handy to run your alts around?

I know what you could do! You could beg Tlopo to make Repairing a Skill, here, then you could go master that!
But in all seriousness, when I got bored, I just made a new pirate.

I'm also lvl 50 bored. So to avoid boredom
First way:I thought to make my all mats to 50k(I don't know max limit) . So whenever I login stay few minutes on docks of Tortuga abassa and later do mat run alone with my Storm chaser war Brig not on abassa lol. Quiet server

Second way I avoid boredom by visiting some places and do photoshoot lol with friends
Third way : farm Foulberto smashing
Fourth way : I like this most lol . I tag some ships and drop Anchor lol and try to defend my ship with cannons lol alone. Even if I sink it's more fun.
Fifth way: (rare case) working on Alt
Sixth way: (New and if I'm alone) QAR I board it and kill all keeping one Alive at each wave and go round the ship and take screenshots lol. Till now I have done thrice .

If any one asks help. Then no need all these ways.

It's my way!!

Back