Idea Boss Island

C

Crashalot

I like to imagine a place in TLOPO where the enemies are at a "Boss" level, where they take and receive the same damage as the pirates.
No pushovers, just hard to defeat enemies, at and above our own skill set.
A place to go to be challenged and rewarded.
There could also be real Bosses there, who's level and difficulty require a certain amount of skill, luck and other pirates to defeat.
Now of course there's Tormenta, but the average NPC there is a pushover once you hit level 40 or so.
I sure would love to see a place where the Bosses are "real" Bosses and the easy NPCs have no place.
I'd also love to see "Boss" ships at sea, that are harder to sink, much like the Ships of the Line, and who's rewards are commensurate with the effort to defeat them.
I think the added challenge would be fun.
Just a thought.
Savor it!

Um.. the new bosses at forsaken shadows are not a "pushover". You need others to defeat them, so I feel (on land) we kinda of already have this. For sailing, I like your idea. But you all need to remember this isn't so supposed to be a hardcore game. If you really want that challenge, there are games out there for that. Play those when you need a challenge and play Tlopo when you want to just "lazy loot".

I'm all for enemies that are more skilled and require skill to defeat. I don't want to see more enemies like Foulberto that just have higher level attacks and more health. I would love to see a boss that would flatten everyone that approaches it unless people work together to defeat it, no matter how many people attack. It would require you to suppress it with multiple statuses continually or it would come alive and drop everyone around. It would also evade and block attacks to some degree that could be more or less depending on the attacker's skill.

Last edited:
Um.. the new bosses at forsaken shadows are not a "pushover"
Um.. I didn't mention the bosses at Forsaken Shallows. I did mention the NPCs at Tormenta as being pushovers though...
Now Forsaken Shallows is a fun place and the NPCs a bit more difficult, but not at Boss level.
Now I've soloed all the Bosses there and I'll be honest, it's all pattern fighting.
So, that being said, the place is almost as I'm suggesting, but still not there. While the Bosses are tough, the rest are just the same old same old.

Eric makes a good comment about how the Bosses might behave, and I like that. Just adding extreme health to a Boss that stands around doing the same thing all the time becomes monotonous. No challenge.
I dream of Bosses that can out-battle me and give me a run for my money.
Maybe some different algorithms or whatnot.

Isn't that what the Treasure Fleets are?
The Treasure Fleet offers challenging ships to be sure, but no rewards really. In the time it takes to sink them, I can make 10 times more gold defeating Darkhart.
Rewards commensurate with the level of challenge.
But I do enjoy them when they come out and play!

QAR is an awesome foe and I love it. Perhaps more Bad Boy ships like that would be fun!

Again, Eric makes some good comments regarding the issue.

Tougher Flagships, and random tough ships in general that actually offer rare and more rewarding loot if you can defeat them are something I think would be more challenging and rewarding.

Also, even having one or two seriously dangerous Hunters and Warships above and beyond the norm during mat runs would also be fun. And if you defeat those, you get like double or triple mat rewards or whatever. Maybe they come at ya, maybe they don't.

I'd even like to see some random angry ships come at me out of the blue and start attacking me while sailing, where I have to either fight 'em or run! Just like the mat ships do, except different loot.

Just hoping for more of the "unusual" along the way is all.

Just some thoughts.

Um.. I didn't mention the bosses at Forsaken Shallows. I did mention the NPCs at Tormenta as being pushovers though...
Now Forsaken Shallows is a fun place and the NPCs a bit more difficult, but not at Boss level.
Now I've soloed all the Bosses there and I'll be honest, it's all pattern fighting.
So, that being said, the place is almost as I'm suggesting, but still not there. While the Bosses are tough, the rest are just the same old same old.

Eric makes a good comment about how the Bosses might behave, and I like that. Just adding extreme health to a Boss that stands around doing the same thing all the time becomes monotonous. No challenge.
I dream of Bosses that can out-battle me and give me a run for my money.
Maybe some different algorithms or whatnot.

The Treasure Fleet offers challenging ships to be sure, but no rewards really. In the time it takes to sink them, I can make 10 times more gold defeating Darkhart.
Rewards commensurate with the level of challenge.
But I do enjoy them when they come out and play!

QAR is an awesome foe and I love it. Perhaps more Bad Boy ships like that would be fun!

Again, .
Everything you want is,already available.
It's called PvP and svs and the reward is winning.

Everything you want is,already available.
It's called PvP and svs and the reward is winning.
Really?
With loot drops and whatnot?
Wow!
Thanks for the input!

LOL, anyway, frankly speaking, SVS and PVP aren't even close to what I want or suggested.

I'm only saying I would like to see more challenges from my foes, not hassling with other pirates.
But seriously, thanks for the input.

Really?
With loot drops and whatnot?
Wow!
Thanks for the input!

LOL, anyway, frankly speaking, SVS and PVP aren't even close to what I want or suggested.

I'm only saying I would like to see more challenges from my foes, not hassling with other pirates.
But seriously, thanks for the input.
The input was meant for everyone.
The only real challenge is going to come from fighting other players. It probably isn't realistic to expect the devs to cook up new ai.
Lasting rewards in life are always intrinsic.

If someone needs to hand you a new cookie to get you to play every day then eventually they are gonna run out of cookies.

The input was meant for everyone.
The only real challenge is going to come from fighting other players. It probably isn't realistic to expect the devs to cook up new ai.
Lasting rewards in life are always intrinsic.

If someone needs to hand you a new cookie to get you to play every day then eventually they are gonna run out of cookies.

OK, I see what's happening here.
Let me explain how it works for you.

When you quote someone, reply to their comment and refer to them as "you" in your reply, it generally means you are replying and speaking to them.
So, as you replied and quoted me above, I have to assume you're speaking to me.
It's just one of those norms we have to assume in forums, generally speaking.

Now, I am not asking anything of the devs. I merely mentioned what I would like to see in the game, here on the forums.
"I like to imagine a place in TLOPO where the enemies are..." (See, I quoted from my original comment above)
In other words, it's an idea I'm sharing with those that get it and understand what I'm saying.

I'm not looking for solutions, as there are none.

Secondly, there is no AI in the game, only algorithms. So no need for the devs to cook up anything.
But, since you mention cookies, maybe they can make us all a batch?
Just a thought.

Perhaps you'd like some too? No?
OK.

No where have I stated that I am looking for new thrills every day, nor do I need them. What I'm sharing are ideas, that either get implemented or they don't. I don't care. It's not the point of my comments.

Your notion that there should be nothing new under the sun or in the game is not actually how it's done. The devs have already added multiple new ideas into the game,
Perhaps you may have noticed that?

In any event, the concept of sharing ideas is the whole point of this forum, and if you don't agree with them, that's fine. But do give some room for people to share. Back up bro, you're crowding me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I see what's happening here.
Let me explain how it works for you.

When you quote someone, reply to their comment and refer to them as "you" in your reply, it generally means you are replying and speaking to them.
So, as you replied and quoted me above, I have to assume you're speaking to me.
It's just one of those norms we have to assume in forums, generally speaking.

Now, I am not asking anything of the devs. I merely mentioned what I would like to see in the game, here on the forums.
"I like to imagine a place in TLOPO where the enemies are..." (See, I quoted from my original comment above)
In other words, it's an idea I'm sharing with those that get it and understand what I'm saying.

I'm not looking for solutions, as there are none.

Secondly, there is no AI in the game, only algorithms. So no need for the devs to cook up anything.
But, since you mention cookies, maybe they can make us all a batch?
Just a thought.

Perhaps you'd like some too? No?
OK.

No where have I stated that I am looking for new thrills every day, nor do I need them. What I'm sharing are ideas, that either get implemented or they don't. I don't care. It's not the point of my comments.

Your notion that there should be nothing new under the sun or in the game is not actually how it's done. The devs have already added multiple new ideas into the game,
Perhaps you may have noticed that?

In any event, the concept of sharing ideas is the whole point of this forum, and if you don't agree with them, that's fine. But do give some room for people to share. Back up bro, you're crowding me.

Actually how it works in a public forum is when I am talking to "you" it's meant for everyone's ears. It's just that simple.
I guess it's safe to say I'll never get a chance to face you in PvP or svs. Too bad because I would now derive some serious intrinsic reward from it. No cookie needed.

Last edited:
Actually how it works in a public forum is when I am talking to "you" it's meant for everyone's ears. It's just that simple.
I guess it's safe to say I'll never get a chance to face you in PvP or svs. Too bad because I would now derive some serious intrinsic reward from it. No cookie needed.
Dude, what are you going on and on about now?
Seriously bro, get real.

Back