Idea Boss' Legendary Drop Rates [Removing Silver Freeze & Lost Sword]

Would you like to see Lost Sword & Silver Freeze removed from [Most] boss loot?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
I know this idea has been shot around... However, I'd love to see a respectful Idea/Discussion page for it made.

My suggestion is:
- All
Permanent Boss' [That have a specific legendary drop, Darkhart, Crash, Twins, Pal, ext.] Cannot drop Lost Sword & Silver Freeze.
- Lower skull rates for theses boss' by roughly 66% of what they currently are. [Of course, the % will be adjust it slightly less for boss' with higher HP Palifico/Cica to keep legendary rare, but not to directly raise their chances.]

Pros:
- People who farm at a boss always get the weapon they are working for. [No more 8 lost swords from Palifico/Cica]
- Boss' aren't end all be all, reviving old looting spots such as gold room and south idol for famed cursed.
- You can still get Lost Sword & Silver Freeze from other random island boss' making them more popular. [Such as Devil Root, Tomas, and other boss']
- Skulls are much more exciting to see spawn due to the lack of SF / Lost Swords.
- People have more planning between boss' / Farming old enemies.

Cons:
- Famed are harder to get from theses boss' than they are currently.
- Skulls spawn less often making looting seem "dry".
- New pirates cannot get 3 different legendary from 1 boss.

Would love to hear what you think of this idea, as well as your thoughts on the Pros/Cons. - Please keep it respectful and on topic, this thread is JUST talking about removing Lost Sword & Silver Freeze, and SLIGHTLY lowering skulls for the boss' that are effected by the change. <3
:cheers:

66% is pretty substantial. ive definitely found my fair share of patrons and silver freezes from bosses but i dont really think tlopo should change it. at least not in the exact way you suggested. i think the system they currently have is fine

One problem I see with the current scheme is that once you get the legendary you no longer have any reason to loot that boss. The Gold Room is much more enduring since there are 5 cursed legendaries available there. The addition of all the new boss only legendaries has revived the concept of boss looting but it's not an unlimited boost. At the moment legendaries are quite difficult to get and I feel that is the way it should be. I don't see that keeping your chances of success the same but eliminating extra SF and Lost Swords does anything positive. In the end I think the way forward is to expand the game to new islands and new areas on existing islands to keep top level looters interested not tweeking drop rates and adjusting loot tables.

Back