Bounty Hunter Rant

River

Wanted Pirate
I don't normally rant on the forums, as a matter of fact I have never ranted about anything on the forums before. Well, here it goes.

You know when you have a Bounty Hunter after you? Or maybe even a War Ship and a Bounty Hunter? Then you have those one or two (or three or four or five) other player ships trying to get in on the materials that tend to get in the way and sandwich your ship between them and the Bounty Hunter's broadsides?

I'll just say this: If you see someone battling a Bounty Hunter, PLEASE stay out of the way. I can't tell you how many close calls I've had with sinking because someone sandwiched me and the Bounty Hunter together. Am I saying you shouldn't partake in shooting at the Hunter? Of course not! Go ahead, shoot at them! But just please stay out of the way. It's really annoying and dangerous for the "Huntee". By the way, you only have to hit the Bounty Hunter with only ONE cannon (from anyone on your ship) and get materials for it.

Should you be reported for this? No.
Should you be banned from the game for doing this? No.
Should you warned for this? No.

It's just common courtesy to not get in the way and just fire on the outskirts of the battle.

It's just like letting someone make a lane change on the road. You don't have to let them over into your lane, but it's common courtesy to let them.

Keep in mind that lag can often make it look like you're gonna dodge a ship, but then teleport you back and you're t-boning with them and neither of you can move. Also I'd recommend sailing to the edge of the world if you want to be alone, just to be sure. In the middle of Padres and Port Royal is fair game for sailing mayhem.

Yeah, this exact thing happened to me today (at least I think it was today). Pretty sure I remember a ship getting t-boned by me and almost causing me to sink. I know it happened at least with Isla Tormenta and the too-close-to-shore message, and I thought with a player ship as well. Very annoying - gives those explosive happy hunters a clear shot.

Players are intangible to other players so we cannot block off a path to various locations of the game. I think a similar feature is needed for ships.

I don't normally rant on the forums, as a matter of fact I have never ranted about anything on the forums before. Well, here it goes.

You know when you have a Bounty Hunter after you? Or maybe even a War Ship and a Bounty Hunter? Then you have those one or two (or three or four or five) other player ships trying to get in on the materials that tend to get in the way and sandwich your ship between them and the Bounty Hunter's broadsides?

I'll just say this: If you see someone battling a Bounty Hunter, PLEASE stay out of the way. I can't tell you how many close calls I've had with sinking because someone sandwiched me and the Bounty Hunter together. Am I saying you shouldn't partake in shooting at the Hunter? Of course not! Go ahead, shoot at them! But just please stay out of the way. It's really annoying and dangerous for the "Huntee". By the way, you only have to hit the Bounty Hunter with only ONE cannon (from anyone on your ship) and get materials for it.

It's just common courtesy to not get in the way and just fire on the outskirts of the battle.

It's just like letting someone make a lane change on the road. You don't have to let them over into your lane, but it's common courtesy to let them.

I Just Like To Practice My Sniping Skills And Try To Hit It From A Distance As You Said

After the dev's get rid of the major bugs, maybe they should add a feature where you have to do x amount of damage to the ship before able to recive loot.

After the dev's get rid of the major bugs, maybe they should add a feature where you have to do x amount of damage to the ship before able to recive loot.

Thats A Really Bad Idea

Lets Say Your A Low Level Guy You Shot And Ship Trying To Make Some Money
BOOM This War Brig Just Did A Drive By Shot And 1 Shot The Ship No Loot For You

POTCO had a system like this afaik. You couldn't just "cherry pick" bounty hunters and receive loot. You either had to do majority damage or the Hunter had to specifically target you, not sure which.

(◕︿◕✿) i hope this doesn't like happen again. m(☆´∩`☆)m【SOЯЯЧ】

This happens to me a LOT! And... There have been unfortunate times due to lag and/or the pursued vessel being invisible to me as I have just arrived that I have inadvertently done this to another. Sometimes I am pushed into 'oncoming traffic' by other vessels as well... One frame of mind is to just say... Well that's one of the hazards of ship battle. Common courtesy is a virtue that should naturally extend to everyone and every situation in-game. Sadly not everyone tries and many times I think we are dealing with a really young individual who isn't thinking about that..... With gathering mats being so incredibly time consuming... I would think an alternative might be in order.. Many MMOs recognize that many people might not like PvP... or in this instance sailing... or grinding... So they offer alternatives that require just as much work but to received the same payoff. My suggestion would be to either offer a mat exchange vendor in-game or perhaps a vendor that sells mats for... and there should be no doubt... a rather hefty sum of gold... That way grinders who hate sailing can get mats... or people who love to fish for legendaries and gold could also get mats... I think a lot of the 'bumper car' syndrome we have is due to impatience and the feeling that they have to be aggressive to meet a goal of say... 1,000 iron for a tier 5 upgrade... Just a suggestion. Many ideas exist to solve problems and this is just one. Good fortune and safe journeys, 'til next we meet! Two armored thumbs up! One thing life has also taught me at my age is... Sometimes you're the pigeon, and sometimes you're the statue. (O_O)

Oh... And in regards to my prior post... I know what many would think and you would be right! That would make things far too easy... I'm thinking more along the lines as 5:1 for common mats and maybe 10:1 for rare mats... And I just fired that off as a possible solution to thin out frustration in mass ship battles. When I approach a mass ship battle... I have to resign myself to the fact that unfortunate things may happen.. or, as is happened in the past, the game will crash on my way back to port with a hull full of goodies. We are in beta after all :)

I

I completely agree with you on this. My ship usually ends up getting caught when other player ships come along. And hey, we all want mats & we all want XP plus we all just like to help a pirate in need.

But I do believe that others just need to be mindful and have their ship at a distance so they can shoot and hit the hunters but not be in the direct way of the player ship that the hunter is after.

Thats A Really Bad Idea

Lets Say Your A Low Level Guy You Shot And Ship Trying To Make Some Money
BOOM This War Brig Just Did A Drive By Shot And 1 Shot The Ship No Loot For You
I agree, I like that you only need 1 shot to get loot / credit towards the sinking. It helps out lower lvl players and hey who doesn't like loot!

Back