Discussion Brand new gamemode revealed! (Discussion & suggestions)

Are you excited for this new mode?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I'm not sure yet/Maybe

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

RedDeveloper

Buccaneer
Hello all! Today some staff members of TLOPO came onto Tortuga to host a Q&A! We were told some pretty interesting stuff (like how CTC is complete & new story quests are immenent), but we're going to be focusing on one thing in this thread.

Screenshot (808).png

A new horde-based gamemode was revealed during the Q&A session, which goes into a bit of detail, describing the general gameplay and revealing that there will be future announcements (please note that it's still in concept so it could change drastically). If this game mode comes out of the concept phase there will no doubt be a discussion thread, but that hasn't happened yet so I've decided to create a discussion thread for the concept while it's still fresh.

Let's hear your thoughts on this, and if you have any suggestions you may want to consider sharing them!

The concept seems very similar to invasions, so it should be safe to say that there will be new bosses! This is very likely a multiplayer mode as well, so make sure to grab some friends when it comes out.

Sounds like a very interesting idea, and if done right, something id really be looking forward to. Really makes me wish that this game as a whole didn't have such an uninteresting and uninvolved combat system at its heart. But thats of course an issue that disney created and is not tlopo's fault. potco was seemingly just made very lazily, but thats besides the point.

Really makes me wish that this game as a whole didn't have such an uninteresting and uninvolved combat system at its heart. But thats of course an issue that disney created and is not tlopo's fault. potco was seemingly just made very lazily, but thats besides the point.
One of the objectives in developing this game mode is to completely rethink skill/battle calculation. You will have the same mechanics, but everything will be completely different behind the scenes.

We don't want to talk too, too much about this game mode just yet. But it's going to be rethinking the way we currently think about POTCO combat, if we can get it right.

This is why we are as excited as we are about Lobbies though. This game mode will be a completely separate part of the game world, and it lets us treat it like our own little playground. We can swap out entire core systems in here and reimplement everything from scratch how we want it to work. This will let us get much more creative, and produce some really interesting styles of gameplay.

A little bit of trivia: CTC was the first game mode we created in this new system. Also, as an aside, CTC itself is for the most part stable currently. But the reason why we are holding back on releasing it is because we don't want to taint the launch of it with the garbage Match Making system we have on production right now. It'd be practically unplayable in the match maker.

Hello all! Today some staff members of TLOPO came onto Tortuga to host a Q&A! We were told some pretty interesting stuff (like how CTC is complete & new story quests are immenent), but we're going to be focusing on one thing in this thread.

View attachment 117011

A new horde-based gamemode was revealed during the Q&A session, which goes into a bit of detail, describing the general gameplay and revealing that there will be future announcements (please note that it's still in concept so it could change drastically). If this game mode comes out of the concept phase there will no doubt be a discussion thread, but that hasn't happened yet so I've decided to create a discussion thread for the concept while it's still fresh.

Let's hear your thoughts on this, and if you have any suggestions you may want to consider sharing them!
Mood rock is a GM? I had no idea. The Caribbean is a weird and mysterious place and nothing is as it seems.
I have no input other than that question since I don't do pvp.

Mood rock is a GM? I had no idea. The Caribbean is a weird and mysterious place and nothing is as it seems.
I have no input other than that question since I don't do pvp.

The forums user Mood Rock is not, if that's what you're asking.

Late update: The game's name was revealed to be "Zombies", probably a working title but it solidifies the traditional wave-based survival gameplay we're expecting
1576302978823.png

Back