Announcement Brief Update

This is great. This is almost exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
But, one suggestion, can you give us a percentage of what has been completed, from a dev's point of view? Something like "the process is about 85% complete". The idea would then be to take this, <math> it by time already waited, and arrive at some kind of FAIRLY accurate relaunch date.

Thank you for the update. <3
That would be more or less impossible, and I also find this comment somewhat unfair. The developers have gone out of their way to update us. An update that is quite clear as to where the game is in its current state of development, at least to me. I just hope you realize that your question is literally answered in the post. Either way, I am very excited to see that progress is being made. So for that, thank you developers, and I apologize for my previous questioning of communication.

I feel that they shouldn't have to worry about trying to save our pirates during the beta phase of development. Playing during beta is always risky with bugs and glitches and sometimes characters need to be scrapped in order to move development faster. It's nice that they are trying to save our pirates but I feel they SHOULDN'T in terms of progression towards the end goal.

I feel that they shouldn't have to worry about trying to save our pirates during the beta phase of development. Playing during beta is always risky with bugs and glitches and sometimes characters need to be scrapped in order to move development faster. It's nice that they are trying to save our pirates but I feel they SHOULDN'T in terms of progression towards the end goal.
You do make some good points... I think the majority of players wouldn't like that though because it would be a lot of time "wasted". Many people forget that we are in Beta and assume it's the actual game itself.

You do make some good points... I think the majority of players wouldn't like that though because it would be a lot of time "wasted". Many people forget that we are in Beta and assume it's the actual game itself.
True but most games that allow beta access usually erase all progress to further speed up development towards the full release. As much as I'd like to keep my pirate, it's a compromise I myself and others would accept to make beta go a lot quicker. Unfortunately it's too late now, if they were going to delete our pirates, the news should've came before beta launched, so yeah, people would be ticked.

True but most games that allow beta access usually erase all progress to further speed up development towards the full release. As much as I'd like to keep my pirate, it's a compromise I myself and others would accept to make beta go a lot quicker. Unfortunately it's too late now, if they were going to delete our pirates, the news should've came before beta launched, so yeah, people would be ticked.
They said they were able to get all of the pirates transferred successfully. For me, I'd rather keep my pirate and IF he does get bugged then I'll "cross that road" if I lose him, no big deal but I'd prefer to keep him which I think is what many people would prefer. TLOPO wiped out the Alpha pirates and said they would try todo anything to prevent having to wipe our Beta pirates so I think it'll just be fine

They said they were able to get all of the pirates transferred successfully. For me, I'd rather keep my pirate and IF he does get bugged then I'll "cross that road" if I lose him, no big deal but I'd prefer to keep him which I think is what many people would prefer. TLOPO wiped out the Alpha pirates and said they would try todo anything to prevent having to wipe our Beta pirates so I think it'll just be fine
I agree with you but I'm just saying beta could move a lot quicker if pirates were scrapped. This big update would've probably be done by now if they didn't have to allocate resources towards our pirates. You could make good arguments for either side but you can't say it's not slowing down progress.

I agree with you but I'm just saying beta could move a lot quicker if pirates were scrapped. This big update would've probably be done by now if they didn't have to allocate resources towards our pirates. You could make good arguments for either side but you can't say it's not slowing down progress.
Possibly, who knows.

I agree with you but I'm just saying beta could move a lot quicker if pirates were scrapped.
We'd then have to deal with the folks who'd start squawking at us because we already promised we'd keep them. In the end, there's always some unhappy people - can't please everyone. I see where you're coming from, but it was planned from the start that we would make any and all effort to preserve the current database of pirates.

you can't say it's not slowing down progress.
It's actually not. We already know that the database was moved over successfully. Plus, most of our testing is done on a different database that is separate from the live servers. The pirate database literally has no bearing on how quickly we're moving right now.

We'd then have to deal with the folks who'd start squawking at us because we already promised we'd keep them. In the end, there's always some unhappy people - can't please everyone. I see where you're coming from, but it was planned from the start that we would make any and all effort to preserve the current database of pirates.

It's actually not. We already know that the database was moved over successfully. Plus, most of our testing is done on a different database that is separate from the live servers. The pirate database literally has no bearing on how quickly we're moving right now.
For the scrapping of pirates, I stated in an earlier comment that it is too late and that the devs already promised to keep them. I'm not oppose to them doing so, I just think if they wanted to speed the process up, they should've never made such promise. Not my decision tho.

As for the progress slowing down, I should've made that past-tense because yes, they did do the database thing but then again, if they didn't have to, we might be playing the game right now.

Just a quick communication from the TLOPO team:

Migration to new servers has been completed. The pirate database appears intact, and bugged pirates with inventory issues appear to have been repaired. Currently work is being done on the quest line and other game features that still need to be completed. The existing quest line had many issues that we are repairing. The game will NOT be released prior to this working properly to prevent greater issues in the future. We have had to roll the game DB back several times as issues were corrected. This is not something that we want to subject the community to as these rollbacks were much more extensive then the two small rollbacks experienced in our previous Beta version. (Remember all the noise that ensued after the much shorter rollbacks that occurred during our previous Beta phase?)

As it has been stated numerous times, software development is a fluid and ever changing process/environment. When we encounter an issue that is detrimental to game play, it does cause delays. That is the nature of development.

Thank you for your continued patience, for those of you that have demonstrated patience and support on our behalf.
communication like this is always great to see, thanks for all the hard work and keep it up devs

Just a quick communication from the TLOPO team:

Migration to new servers has been completed. The pirate database appears intact, and bugged pirates with inventory issues appear to have been repaired. Currently work is being done on the quest line and other game features that still need to be completed. The existing quest line had many issues that we are repairing. The game will NOT be released prior to this working properly to prevent greater issues in the future. We have had to roll the game DB back several times as issues were corrected. This is not something that we want to subject the community to as these rollbacks were much more extensive then the two small rollbacks experienced in our previous Beta version. (Remember all the noise that ensued after the much shorter rollbacks that occurred during our previous Beta phase?)

As it has been stated numerous times, software development is a fluid and ever changing process/environment. When we encounter an issue that is detrimental to game play, it does cause delays. That is the nature of development.

Thank you for your continued patience, for those of you that have demonstrated patience and support on our behalf.

Hey man if yall need time to finish the questline and other gameplay features take your time. To be honest, I was running out of things to do because I really wanted bounty hunters/ship customization to be there.

Back