Brig or Frigate?

Brig or Frigate?

• Total voters

Spilo

Sea Legs
So, for a while now I have been deciding on whether to get a War Brig or War Frigate as my first top tier ship. I plan to do gold/mat runs AND SvS. I like the idea of having a Frigate because of all that sweet armor and hull and broadside, but Brig also sounds nice because of its all around goodness and can even have the ability to catch up to a stock Frigate with some upgrades. Tell me your opinion below! Thanks!

If you want SvS, go Frigate. Brig may be superior in PvE, but the Frigate can get the job done almost as well - whereas in SvS every little advantage matters much more, so you want the ship better suited to SvS.

Frigate hands down, Ive tried a brig during svs only to be a huge target with hard to aim cannons - and what Thunder said about having the cannon right next to you - let go of the wheel and fire without running up and down the stairs like on the brig.

Frigate has a smaller hitbox, more armor, better aiming broadsides. (And it costs less!)
This is why Frigate is superior in SvS.

In PvE though these things barely matter. You can avoid all enemy shots very reliably, which means hitbox and armour mean nothing. The enemies have very simplistic AI so broadside aiming isn't a hassle either.

While the War Brig is faster (go between targets quicker), has more broadsides (pew pew) and you can point more side guns at one target at a time (all cannons facing sideways means all cannons can train on the target at once without overextending your turn), while also having more cargo ($$$).

So it's basically turned into Brig wins for PvE, and Frigate wins for SvS. Which I hate, by the way. All the ships should be pros and cons everywhere!

Back