Discussion Broadsides... yeah

C

Crashalot

OK, while I'm fairly sure the broadsides were worked on this last update, I did a run down the checklist and I'm just not seeing any improvement.
Now I'm not faulting the devs for this as I'm sure they're on it, but the broadsides are still as wacky and zany as ever.
I'm providing this report in hopes of helping by pointing out what's still needing work as far as broadsides go.

Here's the list of what's still "amiss";

Rear shot - check (This is where you shoot, left or right, and out the rear they come)
Rear opposite side at 70 degrees shot - check (This is where you shoot left, and the broadsides come out the right side, 70 degrees to the rear of your ship, or vice versa)
Opposite emerging broadsides - check (This is where you shoot left and the broadsides emerge right, or vice versa)
Slow motion to nowhere shots - check (This is where you shoot at a ship approaching you, and your broadsides travel like molasses in winter, never really hitting the fast approaching enemy)
Shooting to the left or right of enemy ships, while missing them completely - check (This is where you aim at an enemy ship turning left and your broadsides always aim to the right of the ship, where the enemy is NOT going, or vice versa)
Shooting at the water immediately next to the hull of an enemy ship - check (This is where you shoot dead on to the side of an enemy ship, and your broadsides cut short, dropping into the water immediately NEXT to the ship they would have otherwise hit)
Spatter shot/failure to aim at ship right next to you - check (This is where you aim and shoot at a ship, right next to you, and you miss it completely, except for 1 or 2 shots that hit the sails, triggering the aggro of the Corsair you were sure you had dead to rights)
Shooting in front of or behind a ship missing it completely - check (This is similar to the side shot misfire, but instead aims for the rear or front of the ship, missing it completely)
In the middle/no commitment shot - check (This is where your broadsides miraculously shoot in a narrow 1 foot gap between 2 enemy ships coming at you, missing both completely and hitting the water)

Now there are more issues, yes, but this list is a pretty comprehensive one of the most common issues still affecting broadsides.

So, please don't hate on the devs for not fixing this perfect yet, as the release notes do address the fact that they still need work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was kind of confused, I only noticed one difference after the update and that was shots seemingly not registering more often from broadsides making it actually harder to hit. Ship movement looked the same to me as well but the fix they mentioned might've been ships appearing in locations they weren't and then quickly teleporting to where they actually are.

Yeah I was kind of confused, I only noticed one difference after the update and that was shots seemingly not registering more often from broadsides making it actually harder to hit. Ship movement looked the same to me as well but the fix they mentioned might've been ships appearing in locations they weren't and then quickly teleporting to where they actually are.
Yes, good point. Enemy ship weaving, as in moving in 2 directions at once is still an issue (as in the enemy following you and moving in your direction the whole time while actually turning full to the left or right to shoot you and keeping right up with you as if they were still going straight and NOT turning, making the ship look as if it is moving sideways in your direction).
And yes, I did also notice that my shots are missing the ships more while "hitting" them, but I thought that was some lag issue.

I made a thread about a year ago that states the problems aren't always with the broadsides, but they just HAD for some godly reason increase the enemy ships speed by 9 knots just for the sack of "Let's make At World's End Circle battle for no reason". This leads to 60% of broadsides fired AFTER you aggro'd the ship to miss unless it is coming at you for a T-Bone from far enough away. I wish they would restore POTCO to the way it WAS and THEN gave public poles about changes. As of right now those ships need to slow down 2 or 3 knots. I have adapted do it, but it just is painful as heck.

Back