Workaround Bug Workarounds

" THE WATCHER "

After multiple servers and The Watcher out of Range of So called Ranged weapons ........... I tried Grenades using Stink Pot which In turn makes The Watcher very Angry ! lol
It could hit with Massive blows and i decided to leave the Hovel then reentered It and The Watcher was back In the center room again . I tried this on several severs and it worked on all . So If ye be needing the Watcher , Try using grenades to awaken It , Leave and reenter !

*Is level 20 pirate doing the lvl 20 voodoo doll upgrade quest"

--Defeat a spanish skeleton--

"Eh, easy enough I suppose, off to Cutthroat"

*Arrives, kills a dozen or so of the targeted undead, and still doesn't get the quest to continue*

"What's going on here? Let's check the forum for known bugs"

"Defeat French Undead on Cangrejos" or "Defeat Spanish Undead on Cutthroat":
If you need to defeat general enemies, it will NOT work, if this is the case, defeat the bosses and it will count. Specific type enemies (Example: Defeat 10 French Lieutenants) will work.

For Spanish: Defeat the Spanish Undead boss (Tomas Blanco)"

Spanish Undead boss (Tomas Blanco)"

Tomas Blanco

"Welp, I'll be back when I'm level 50, and have some decent weapons, I guess!"

*Is level 20 pirate doing the lvl 20 voodoo doll upgrade quest"

--Defeat a spanish skeleton--

"Eh, easy enough I suppose, off to Cutthroat"

*Arrives, kills a dozen or so of the targeted undead, and still doesn't get the quest to continue*

"What's going on here? Let's check the forum for known bugs"

"Defeat French Undead on Cangrejos" or "Defeat Spanish Undead on Cutthroat":
If you need to defeat general enemies, it will NOT work, if this is the case, defeat the bosses and it will count. Specific type enemies (Example: Defeat 10 French Lieutenants) will work.

For Spanish: Defeat the Spanish Undead boss (Tomas Blanco)"

Spanish Undead boss (Tomas Blanco)"

Tomas Blanco

"Welp, I'll be back when I'm level 50, and have some decent weapons, I guess!"
Are you in a guild? Get a bunch of your guildmates to meet you there, have them attack the boss, you run up and take a swing at em, then run away screaming like a little girl and wait for them to kill him. You're good to go mate!

Are you in a guild? Get a bunch of your guildmates to meet you there, have them attack the boss, you run up and take a swing at em, then run away screaming like a little girl and wait for them to kill him. You're good to go mate!
Yeah, I've got some people helping me tonight. Just irritating, since I just did the lvl 15 upgrade quest, and accepted the final reward with a full inv..... No special doll for me! Then I grind like mad to get the lvl 20 questline..... and get stuck at a really simple part. Thanks for letting me vent, and thanks for the advice!

This thread is probably dead but I found it useful. If you have a Mac and keep crashing when you board a ship (or a few minutes after), uncheck all your sound settings.

I need help. When I put my log in info. in and press play it pulls up the game then says it's not responding and automatically closes it every time. Please help.

My son figured out a bug workaround. The bug where in SVS (or regular) you all of a sudden can't see the names of any of the islands. Simply run your ship into the island, and bam! Island names appear again.

Not able to anchor at an island:
  • Try backing into the island and it will most likely work. (Credit to @Meg Gunsmythe )

This happens sometimes when hunters first start to chase you.

I've also seen it when in a large group and kills are adding to my loot rapidly. After the last kill is tallied, I can anchor easily.

A general workaround is to click instantly after the anchor icon appears -- watch its rhythm and you'll learn how to anticipate it.

Here's something I mentioned to Support recently: an ADVANTAGEOUS bug. Until around the middle of September, Evil Eye 3 on my doll enabled me to attune to 12 guys at once when boarding a navy flagship alone. Lots of fun and over 1,000 doll rep when I finished. This bug ended after one of the releases in Sept, and now I can only attune the number of enemies shown in my doll skill set.

Back