Discussion Call of Duty: World War II

Do you think this will be a successful COD game?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I might be willing to give it a chance.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Call of Duty: World War II Trailer Link:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Q_XYVescc

Honestly, here's my opinion on this.

EA and DICE take the cake when it comes to Multiplayer in video games. But they aren't known for a campaign. Yes, Battlefield 1 did a great job at displaying the turmoil and tension during the first World War. Yes, they had a story mode. But it didn't truly capture the soldier's perspective, which honestly, we all take for granted. We didn't fight in that time period.

The Call of Duty franchise has always had great campaigns, with well written stories, and most of the time, great time periods/eras. They truly have a great story arc. Of course, this isn't true for the futuristic games. But all COD games Black Ops and before had well written stories, and were great. The multiplayer was decent, but it wasn't something I'd give COD credit for. The storylines throughout COD games have truly been heart wrenching, especially in the Modern Warfare series of games.

So, what is my point? Even though Battlefield 1 did a great job, there is no doubt that this game will TRULY set the tone of a soldier's life in WWII, and will have a heartfelt, captivating story that will keep us on our toes. Doesn't change the fact that I'm still going to play Battlefield 1's multiplayer. But COD needed redemption, and I think it has finally been redeemed.

That's just my point of view. What do you guys think?

Hey there,
I have played Battlefield 1 and I still do, amazing game, which is in direct competition with CoD since the very beginning. The trailer reminds me of the early CoD games but it has a feeling that reminds me of a failure named Infinite Warfare, of course IW was America's most sold game but then again children can buy whatever they want as numbers don't state how good a game is or isn't, its gameplay does. Moreover this, the trailer looks something like 50% old CoD ( which is amazing, loved the early CoDs ) and 50% the style of IW, they may as well put something more special to it, as the singleplayer may be something like an American/British soldier in WW2, a theme already shown by almost every other WW2 game, Sniper Elite for exemple, ( talking about the campaign here ), I just wished CoD WW2 would be something like this: interesting story which would be unique to other war games, which it isn't that much, and as far as the online experience goes, not hyped at all since they really killed my hopes with that trailer.
I may consider buying it if in other trailers, or alpha/beta I get the feeling that they have learned from IW's mistakes, like EA did with Star Wars Battlefront, or if they just make it unique whether or not this may happen in the campaign or in the online experience.

Back