Blog Post Calling All Testers: Test Server Now Live!

The Crew

TLOPO Staff
Calling All Testers: Test Server Now Live!
Posted by The Crew

News Post Image

Ahoy everyone,

We are very excited to announce that our Test Server has launched! In case you haven’t heard, our test server is an application-based test server (similar to POTCO’s) where our updates will be tested prior to going to our Production (PROD) server.

As an initial start for the Test Server, we have reached out to 100 different players in the community; please check your email to see if you were selected. Each player stood out to us in some way, and overall just felt unique to their respective part of the community. Additionally, we have reached out to players who have consistently submitted quality feedback to us over the years - we sincerely thank you for all of your help.

We will be adding a section to the Account page in the coming days where you can mark that you are interested in being considered as a Tester. We will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis. The following criteria is what we consider the minimum requirement to be considered for access to the test server:

• Account registered is 6 months or older.
  • Account must have regular in-game activity.
  • Account can not have more than 2 active warning points.
  • Account can not have more than 5 active or expired warning points cumulatively accrued over the lifetime of the account.

Additional criteria that we will be considering:

• If the account owner has frequently submitted feedback to us regarding other bugs in the game.

The very first update on our test server is a complete overhaul of every part of the game under the hood: the long-awaited Pypperoni update. We have spent countless hours studying the game’s code to identify areas that were affecting performance in the game, your performance will be significantly improved as a result of this update.

We need to emphasise how much has changed in the game’s codebase; we have basically just finished rewriting the entire game here. We need players who have access to the test server to test every single aspect of the game to ensure it works. Testers will need to send crash logs and bug reports to us so we can fine tune everything before this update goes live for all.

We are now in the home stretch of our Beta phase, this test server is one of the critical elements to finally reaching that finish line. With that, it’s time to go test, apply now!

Fair Winds,

The Crew

View this post on the TLOPO website

Last edited:
I am unable to log in to the test server with my MacBook. I have attached what I think is the log you want. If it is not the correct log please let me know how I can access it on my computer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 2.22.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 2.22.08 AM.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Sample of The Legend of Pirates Online.txt
    91.3 KB · Views: 90
Ahoy, everyone!

I am unable to log in to the test server with my MacBook. I have attached what I think is the log you want. If it is not the correct log please let me know how I can access it on my computer.
Here's how to find logs:

If you're on a Mac:

1. Open the Finder app.
2. At the very top bar, there should be some options like "File" and "Edit." Click "Go."
3. That should open a dropdown bar. Select "Go to folder...."
4. That should open up a new window. There should be a white bar that you can type into. Delete anything that's in the bar then paste in the following line in its entirety:

~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/logs

6. Scroll down to find the “Application Support” folder, double click to enter this folder.
7. Find the “The Legend of Pirates Online” folder and double click it to enter the folder.
8. Find the “Game” folder and double click it to enter the folder.
9. Find the “logs” folder and double click it to enter the folder.
10. Copy+paste the raw information in the log. (Do not send it as an attachment).
- Note: If you press "CTRL" and "A" at the same time, you can highlight all text.
- Then press "CTRL" and "C" to copy, and "CTRL" and "V" to paste into the email.

If you're on a PC:

1. Click on the Windows start icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
2. On the right side of the start menu, there should be a list of various shortcuts. Click "Computer."
3. This should open a new window in Windows Explorer. In the new window, under Hard Disk Drives, click on the "C:" drive.
- Note: This may be named something different on your computer, but the letter will always be "C:".
4. Then, click the folder Program Files (x86).
5. Scroll down until you see the folder "TLOPO", and click it.
6. Click the logs folder.
7. Double click to open up the most recent file.

I'm getting this message as well, sent you an email on support@tlopo but forgot to include a log. Should I wait for a reply and then send what I have?
No, do not wait; send your log in now because we're just going to ask you for it anyway. We can't do anything without a log.

Ahoy, everyone!

Here's how to find logs:

If you're on a Mac:

1. Open the Finder app.
2. At the very top bar, there should be some options like "File" and "Edit." Click "Go."
3. That should open a dropdown bar. Select "Go to folder...."
4. That should open up a new window. There should be a white bar that you can type into. Delete anything that's in the bar then paste in the following line in its entirety:

~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/logs

6. Scroll down to find the “Application Support” folder, double click to enter this folder.
7. Find the “The Legend of Pirates Online” folder and double click it to enter the folder.
8. Find the “Game” folder and double click it to enter the folder.
9. Find the “logs” folder and double click it to enter the folder.
10. Copy+paste the raw information in the log. (Do not send it as an attachment).
- Note: If you press "CTRL" and "A" at the same time, you can highlight all text.
- Then press "CTRL" and "C" to copy, and "CTRL" and "V" to paste into the email.

If you're on a PC:

1. Click on the Windows start icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
2. On the right side of the start menu, there should be a list of various shortcuts. Click "Computer."
3. This should open a new window in Windows Explorer. In the new window, under Hard Disk Drives, click on the "C:" drive.
- Note: This may be named something different on your computer, but the letter will always be "C:".
4. Then, click the folder Program Files (x86).
5. Scroll down until you see the folder "TLOPO", and click it.
6. Click the logs folder.
7. Double click to open up the most recent file.

No, do not wait; send your log in now because we're just going to ask you for it anyway. We can't do anything without a log.
Thanks so much. I sent the screen shot and log via Support.

Anybody can view the test forum but only testers can (err, will be able to) post there.
If you are reading this post, congratulations! You have been selected to be a Community Tester on our brand new semi-public Test Server.
I guess the above mention didn't really mean that then ! lol Good joke TLOPO ! lol

I can't get on test server. I did get the email, but I keep getting a 505 error-the game servers are currently closed for an update.

Are there any workarounds for the time being for the current Mac issue with being unable to connect to 'test-gs-1.tlopo.com'? I know The Crew is probs working on a fix but wondering if anyone else was able to log in. I can log in without any issue using a PC.

Are there any workarounds for the time being for the current Mac issue with being unable to connect to 'test-gs-1.tlopo.com'? I know The Crew is probs working on a fix but wondering if anyone else was able to log in. I can log in without any issue using a PC.
yeah i believe there is a fix that I know worked for a few people. you would have to pm a tlopo staff member on the forums to get a specific file i think (also ask for a discord invite when u see a staff member in-game)

Back