Can some one steal a game card code help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

Honorable Pirate
So i dont have credit card so i go to Cvs and buy a game card monthly so far soo good,
iam planning to go on vacation and i wont have time to play potco for a couple of months
but i just bought a game card (silly me) it is safe to just leave the card there or can someone use the code by accident help :oops:

No, I don't think someone else can use it. Just put it in a safe place. The Codes are only used once, meaning that after the system makes that code it cant be used again.

Well, have you used the new game card? Or is it brand new? If you haven't used it and somebody finds it, yes, they can use it (if they play Potco). All they have to do is go to the Potco website www.piratesonline.com and click on the button/text that says "Redeem Gift Subscription" on the left bar. There are 24-digit box where anybody who has a code - either from an email or behind a game card - can enter. You may want to keep your card in a safe place. But if you have used that code, like Basil said, nobody else can redeem it.

Well, have you used the new game card? Or is it brand new? If you haven't used it and somebody finds it, yes, they can use it (if they play Potco). All they have to do is go to the Potco website www.piratesonline.com and click on the button/text that says "Redeem Gift Subscription" on the left bar. There are 24-digit box where anybody who has a code - either from an email or behind a game card - can enter. You may want to keep your card in a safe place. But if you have used that code, like Basil said, nobody else can redeem it.
ya the card is new and nobody in my family plays potco or videogames what iam saying is than can some one redeem my code by accident ?

ya the card is new and nobody in my family plays potco or videogames what iam saying is than can some one redeem my code by accident ?

No, your 24-digit number is very specific just for your card. Nobody else has the same number. If you lay it around and or leave it somewhere where somebody could find, scratch the silver covering off and enter it in Potco website, then you'd be in trouble. If somebody else out there on the other part of the world 'accidentally' types in a wrong number, and that number happens to be yours ... of course that person could use it. But what is the chance that somebody would have that kind of 'luck'?

In certain areas they give you a code in the reciept so the code isnt activated till you buy it. But with game cards it is possible that someone types in random numbers and letters until they get a right code but not really all that likely.

In certain areas they give you a code in the reciept so the code isnt activated till you buy it. But with game cards it is possible that someone types in random numbers and letters until they get a right code but not really all that likely.
ya its not likely

rofl i had thought this thread was asking for someone to steal a game card, i was about to go on here and ask why would u want someone to steal a game card??? :lol1: dont ask why.... cuz idk why i thought that O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back