Cannon defense game reports. All types.

squintz

Pirate Lord
Finally got to play CD. Don't know any of the tricks and stuff so didn't get too far.
But the biggest thing with me is it was very uncomfortable to play. I felt like my view was squashed way down. I couldn't look up any higher than half the height of that island out there. I was constantly physically forcing my head up in a unconscious way to see the ships just moving away from the dock. If I lifted the cannon to look further out, which wasn't very far, the shot was a mile off. Something is very off with the veiwport or angle of view. It's like the vertical center of the cannon camera is way too low into the area in front of you.
On my screen, the island is cut off at the top and I don't think that is right. Very uncomfortable range of motion up and down.
And of course, there was multiple glitches as well. I crashed out every time, mostly when trying to buy ammo. Ships froze as well. And lag too, but that could be my end.

I seem to remember in POTCO that the aiming in CD was very different from using a cannon on ship. The reason being that on a ship you are closer to the sea, so when shooting in CD you are higher up in a fort making the trajectory completely different.

Lag and crashing probably is kinda to be expected at first I guess, as there would be many ppl playing CD at the same time... especially on busy servers.
Just like we get more lag and crashing on the sea or when looting in busy areas 🤷
We shall see after a week or two of testing maybe

You pretty much just gotta get used to the angle. after about 8 years of going without playing cannon defense my accuracy round 1 was like 10 percent lol. nevertheless I adjusted pretty quickly

and yeah cannon defense rn is pretty laggy and freezy at times

Working perfectly fine on my end... Maybe try a server that's not the populated one!
Has absolutely nothing to do with servers, people or ships. I strongly feel the movement space is not right at all. I distinctly remember my experience from the last week CD was running before pulled when I joined, and the view and shooting vertical angles were different.
I had no sensation of trying to get my head up to see more with the first experience.
It looks like they cut off the upper area far too much. Just feels like I can only use half my monitor to play period. I just believe it should be a true full screen experience. Obviously, the game library doesn't allow full range of vertical movement/views, like in game now where you can't see above 60 degrees when looking up.

Fortunately, I didn't see what all the rabidness was about and won't really miss spending time to play this side game.
Nice that the devs worked hard to bring it back for everyone however.
But hey, you can't make everyone happy. One less pirate to take up space at the wall is a good thing for others.

I seem to remember in POTCO that the aiming in CD was very different from using a cannon on ship. The reason being that on a ship you are closer to the sea, so when shooting in CD you are higher up in a fort making the trajectory completely different.

Lag and crashing probably is kinda to be expected at first I guess, as there would be many ppl playing CD at the same time... especially on busy servers.
Just like we get more lag and crashing on the sea or when looting in busy areas 🤷
We shall see after a week or two of testing maybe
True, they are two different things for sure. Right now the servers are lopsided with almost everyone trying to do CD. Like your whole crew going to one side to look at the mermaid and the whole ship lists to the port. There was no one anywhere in the open and every CD was turning me away on the deadest ocean.

Can you give us a ss of your screen in CD hun?
Are you commenting to me? If so, don't worry about it. It's not my monitor, it's the CD parameters. I know what I see, and it won't be changed or looked at, a screenshot from me won't be any different than any one else. Like cannons on ships where everyone got used to that annoying auto cannon control just because it's always been that way, er go with the CD. So, my personal solution is ... don't play it if it's so claustrophobic to me. Easy as that.
I appreciate your concern though Luna.

Another glitch in CD is when I got a item of loot, which at my miserable level of wave 9 or something was a rusty sword, it always said there was no room in my inventory. I have empty 1st pages of both weapon and garb.

And a question. Does having a ram on your weapon belt influence anything while in CD? Does anyone know this for sure?

Are you commenting to me? If so, don't worry about it. It's not my monitor, it's the CD parameters. I know what I see, and it won't be changed or looked at, a screenshot from me won't be any different than any one else. Like cannons on ships where everyone got used to that annoying auto cannon control just because it's always been that way, er go with the CD. So, my personal solution is ... don't play it if it's so claustrophobic to me. Easy as that.
I appreciate your concern though Luna.
Ok thats fine it was just when you said about the top part of the island being cut off and viewing space I was sure that was how it used to be so wondered if it may have been your screen settings that's all. Here is a vid with some pics of the POTCO CD in 2014

If so, don't worry about it. It's not my monitor, it's the CD parameters.
Well your the only one talking about this issue so.. CD is fine in my opinion it works the same way it always has. Aiming is a bit intense but other than that works fine.

Ships froze as well. And lag too, but that could be my end.
Maybe try a server that's not the populated one!
My comment I just quoted was to yours I also just quoted.. It very much has to do with the server if your on one of the populated ones it will lag and freeze more often than a quiet one. Pretty much how any other factor of this game works.
Anyways goodluck to you!

Well your the only one talking about this issue so.. CD is fine in my opinion it works the same way it always has. Aiming is a bit intense but other than that works fine.

My comment I just quoted was to yours I also just quoted.. It very much has to do with the server if your on one of the populated ones it will lag and freeze more often than a quiet one. Pretty much how any other factor of this game works.
Anyways goodluck to you!
Yes true, sorry but I thought you were referring to my view problems.

The permanent ice is pretty busted. I saw a team lay down so much of it that they didn't even need to shoot until they were past wave 100.

ice ice baby.jpg

The perspective is the same as the original. And I catch myself looking up from time to time but the height of the space is a different dimension than the monitor so you have to tilt up or down to see all of it. Mostly you're looking down until the bandits are taking more than you're sinking.

The ice issue is an old Disney issue too. But if that's the only major issue I'm good with it

The perspective is the same as the original. And I catch myself looking up from time to time but the height of the space is a different dimension than the monitor so you have to tilt up or down to see all of it. Mostly you're looking down until the bandits are taking more than you're sinking.

The ice issue is an old Disney issue too. But if that's the only major issue I'm good with it
The minigame is certainly tuned up enough for a Beta game, although I hope they don't give up on fixing the ice bug if they plan on spiffing CD up any further. Suppose they add more, newer rewards for reaching the higher waves. It won't mean very much to find a new item if all it takes to get there is covering the entire port in ice.

edit: With that said, if fixing this one ancient POTCO glitch comes at the opportunity cost of significant progress on future content releases, then I'd be happier if the team just moved on.

Last edited:
Can we not pick our cannon position? Since I'm about 100 waves away from ice ammo, I had no idea ice was something one can shoot.
And does what one has in the weapon belt do anything while in CD?

Can we not pick our cannon position? Since I'm about 100 waves away from ice ammo, I had no idea ice was something one can shoot.
And does what one has in the weapon belt do anything while in CD?
Yeah. There are a few rams that boost the Rapid Reload ability. This allows you to reload your cannon faster during cannon defense.

Seems to me that it was the same in potco, once you got a critical mass of ice it would persist for more than one full wave and you could do as your screenshot shows. Never knew whether it was a bug or intentional.

Last edited:
Crashes are the only issue that I see. While I was playing with 3 others I think we all crashed at lest once including the end where we were doing an aggressive wave and someone crashed causing us to loose.

Back