Cannon defense game reports. All types.

Anyone seeing enemy ships bursting on fire? I don't see it. Maybe my graphic setting. Smoke didn't seem to do anything either to the ships as far as I can see.

Smoke reduces their speed by 75% for a short period, but it usually seems to activate just as they are past the smoke.

What do you mean Bursting on fire? and Smoke isn't even worth buying..
There's a catch ships on fire ammo you get around 10 waves or level 8 or so. I have features turned off so I may not be seeing the flames.
If others aren't seeing this, than some ammo graphics are bugged.

I’ve noticed a couple of things:
  1. After a while the barrels that enemies shoot stop being on fire.
  2. After a while the on some occasions the number keys stop working for ammo selection and you have to click on the ammo when you want to change ammo.

I’ve noticed a couple of things:
  1. After a while the barrels that enemies shoot stop being on fire.
  2. After a while the on some occasions the number keys stop working for ammo selection and you have to click on the ammo when you want to change ammo.
Couple things. One, I'm not liking the "guaranteed auto aim/hit ammo" at all. I don't think there's much to do about it, but the ammo turning 90 degrees to hit a target right in front of you when you were already aiming at a distant target when you first fired with nothing in front of you is a deal breaker for that ammo. I was only using it for escaping ships in the distance last resort thing. Since there is no player targeting ability, I don't see how this could be done differently. So, my dismay will go uncured.

There seems to be a nasty bug that switches your active ammo at any time. Ungodly number of times I would be using some other ammo I didn't want because I'd look down and see it's suddenly selected. I only hit ctrl and that's it, with my right mouse button pressed to aim the cannon. This is on win7. Haven't been on my Mac game for months.
And no, the way I have my keyboard situated, I'm not even close to missing or hitting other keys. Amongst other minor graphic bugs that are no big deal.

I also see the mine ammo animation on my cannon when full team is in CD when mine ammo is gone or not selected.

And finally, again, I can't see the tops of a medium size ship halfway out in the channel or even if anything is higher/further out either.
If this was potco, tlopo should fix what seems to me an uncomfortable and exasperating struggle that isn't necessary.
Apparently potco and now tlopo have the view hooked to the cannon movement instead of two separate planes. Probably for ease of programming. Perhaps realign the view to cannon height so more of the background shows when tilted down and your cannon range will move the scene higher than it is now. It seems to me like public ship cannon side to side auto control thing I despise only up and down.
Like mapping mirror images for body parts and hair, I imagine a dev could reuse code processes as well.

Now if this is done on purpose to add difficulty, then my gripes are inconsequential.

Last edited:
Couple things. One, I'm not liking the "guaranteed auto aim/hit ammo" at all. I don't think there's much to do about it, but the ammo turning 90 degrees to hit a target right in front of you when you were already aiming at a distant target when you first fired with nothing in front of you is a deal breaker for that ammo. I was only using it for escaping ships in the distance last resort thing. Since there is no player targeting ability, I don't see how this could be done differently. So, my dismay will go uncured.

There seems to be a nasty bug that switches your active ammo at any time. Ungodly number of times I would be using some other ammo I didn't want because I'd look down and see it's suddenly selected. I only hit ctrl and that's it, with my right mouse button pressed to aim the cannon. This is on win7. Haven't been on my Mac game for months.
And no, the way I have my keyboard situated, I'm not even close to missing or hitting other keys. Amongst other minor graphic bugs that are no big deal.

I also see the mine ammo animation on my cannon when full team is in CD when mine ammo is gone or not selected.

And finally, again, I can't see the tops of a medium size ship halfway out in the channel or even if anything is higher/further out either.
If this was potco, tlopo should fix what seems to me an uncomfortable and exasperating struggle that isn't necessary.
Apparently potco and now tlopo have the view hooked to the cannon movement instead of two separate planes. Probably for ease of programming. Perhaps realign the view to cannon height so more of the background shows when tilted down and your cannon range will move the scene higher than it is now. It seems to me like public ship cannon side to side auto control thing I despise only up and down.
Like mapping mirror images for body parts and hair, I imagine a dev could reuse code processes as well.

Now if this is done on purpose to add difficulty, than there's no case on my part.
The Targeted Shot ammo thing is not a bug and while it can be useful it's not an ammo that I often use for the very reason that it forces you to switch ammo too often, I'm sure most ppl feel this way.

I've not experienced the ammo switching bug you mention nor have I even heard of it, I hope you reported it as it sounds bad and is definitely some sort of bug.

Do you think that your Mine ammo observation may be part of the same bug that causes the ammo switching?

It is true and not a bug that many ships that start on the lower right of your screen are unreachable for some time, more or less depending on your cannon position. It was this way in potco too and it doesn't bother me but the way you describe it it sounds more exaggerated than what I've seen so this is possibly some sort of bug that doesn't affect all players. Can you post a screen shot of it? I'd be interested, and I'm sure others would too, to see what you see.

The Targeted Shot ammo thing is not a bug and while it can be useful it's not an ammo that I often use for the very reason that it forces you to switch ammo too often, I'm sure most ppl feel this way.

I've not experienced the ammo switching bug you mention nor have I even heard of it, I hope you reported it as it sounds bad and is definitely some sort of bug.

Do you think that your Mine ammo observation may be part of the same bug that causes the ammo switching?

It is true and not a bug that many ships that start on the lower right of your screen are unreachable for some time, more or less depending on your cannon position. It was this way in potco too and it doesn't bother me but the way you describe it it sounds more exaggerated than what I've seen so this is possibly some sort of bug that doesn't affect all players. Can you post a screen shot of it? I'd be interested, and I'm sure others would too, to see what you see.
Someone was mentioning an inversion bug, which I haven't heard about. And yes the lower of course has an area you can't reach because partially of the ramparts in front and side of the cannon. But that is a logical issue there. Next time on CD on a quiet server, I'll try to document what I'm seeing and look closer at it too. Basically with tlopo as well as most others, the center of the screen, usually your character is the anchor and the world moves around it. Obviously, your sprite has some room to act in, but he doesn't really go anywhere. Put a piece of tape on your pirate on screen and you will instantly understand the illusion. So with CD, I think your cannon is the sprite or anchor and everything moves around it. But you still have horizons and verticals to manipulate to keep with the percieved reality of your world. It just seems to me that tlopo may be stuck with like a 30/40 degree vertical space top to bottom to work with. As apposed to 180 horizontal side to side. Technically, we may just have a 70 to 80 degree field of view. I'm just barely hanging in CD so I can get a decent ram. Best so far was the round ram critical shot at round shot buff 2 and 2. Bronze? I did get a fame as well.

Someone was mentioning an inversion bug, which I haven't heard about. And yes the lower of course has an area you can't reach because partially of the ramparts in front and side of the cannon. But that is a logical issue there. Next time on CD on a quiet server, I'll try to document what I'm seeing and look closer at it too. Basically with tlopo as well as most others, the center of the screen, usually your character is the anchor and the world moves around it. Obviously, your sprite has some room to act in, but he doesn't really go anywhere. Put a piece of tape on your pirate on screen and you will instantly understand the illusion. So with CD, I think your cannon is the sprite or anchor and everything moves around it. But you still have horizons and verticals to manipulate to keep with the percieved reality of your world. It just seems to me that tlopo may be stuck with like a 30/40 degree vertical space top to bottom to work with. As apposed to 180 horizontal side to side. Technically, we may just have a 70 to 80 degree field of view. I'm just barely hanging in CD so I can get a decent ram. Best so far was the round ram critical shot at round shot buff 2 and 2. Bronze? I did get a fame as well.
That's the Iron Ram, +2 round and 2 crits.

It's got that beta "meh" to it, but I'm sure it will get better, or worse, depending.

So, it's like 5 months now, is CD still up, is anyone still playing? Did the luster come off the cannon ball?
The last time I played it was a complete success which leads me to no need to ever play again, so, since it’s quite a grind I will only do it if a good friend really needs it. The only item that I’m aware of that I would ever want from CD is the Rev Ram and in the last round all four of us got it, game over. It’s my impression that the fewer people that are playing it the less it crashes, so, while it does still crash for all the same reasons that it did when it opened it is crashing less now as more people get what they want out of it and stop playing.

Back