Cannon defense game reports. All types.

Seems to me that it was the same in potco, once you got a critical mass of ice it would persist for more than one full wave and you could do as your screenshot shows. Never knew whether it was a bug or intentional.
I think it's perfectly normal to shoot ice out of a hot exploding cannon and create a glacier in an entire Caribbean lagoon, don't you?
I'm thinking rapid fire exploding Penguins would be desirable ammo. However, tlopo may receive letters from the animal rights people.

Is there grapeshot? Disabling ship sails could be a more realistic tactic fighting these ships.
Not that reality is all that much as fun as shooting ice pop treats at bad guys.

Of course sea ice in the Caribbean is preposterous but it was a big part of the original potco Cannon Defense mini game and in fact the persistent ice which Beggar commented on also was an important feature, so, I’m not complaining about it. If you’d been a part of the Royal Navy’s expedition to Lake Paho then you’d be familiar with the term “there’s a penguin on the telly ”. I’m happy with the way CD is working and only hope that the crashing can be fixed.

Of course sea ice in the Caribbean is preposterous but it was a big part of the original potco Cannon Defense mini game and in fact the persistent ice which Beggar commented on also was an important feature, so, I’m not complaining about it. If you’d been a part of the Royal Navy’s expedition to Lake Paho then you’d be familiar with the term “there’s a penguin on the telly ”. I’m happy with the way CD is working and only hope that the crashing can be fixed.
Whatever floats their berg they always say.
gl.

Whatever floats their berg they always say.
gl.
I didn't mean to say that either you or Beggar are wrong about what you say on this subject. I am just wanting to say that it is as potco was, not exact but amazing in accuracy, and that I feel this part of potco should be preserved as it is my position that only new and isolated content should introduce major mechanics changes so that the recreation of the original potco is contained directly inside tlopo.

I like the ice personally. It sure helps to get through high levels. I do think we are crashing more than potco and that is on slow servers. In potco I could get through the whole thing without crashing. If the crashing could be fixed I would have no problems with the game. Maybe when the newness wears off and less are playing it maybe that will subside some I don't know. I just know some players I played with were crashing several times before even reaching level 30. The biggest thing about crashing is you go back to level 1 cannon. Then you feel like you are not much help to the other higher levels.

I like the ice personally. It sure helps to get through high levels. I do think we are crashing more than potco and that is on slow servers. In potco I could get through the whole thing without crashing. If the crashing could be fixed I would have no problems with the game. Maybe when the newness wears off and less are playing it maybe that will subside some I don't know. I just know some players I played with were crashing several times before even reaching level 30. The biggest thing about crashing is you go back to level 1 cannon. Then you feel like you are not much help to the other higher levels.
Do you get to pick your cannon position or is it automatic? Only been on by myself.

No, you do not get to choose which cannon you are on. Game chooses for you.
Thanks, I found that out last night. And I stick to my contention that there is something not right with the viewport size as I can't even see whole height of ships not even out to the middle of the lagoon to see their health or anything else. Anything bigger than a sloop, I can't see half the ship at a normal horizontal angle. Sort of fun, but still wonky.

I predict that CD will be going down for more repairs soon.

I predict that CD will be going down for more repairs soon.
Why would you predict this no one else has an issue with how its running the only issues that have been noticed are district resets quite often which is an entirely different matter.. The game is exactly how it was in POTCO and is running fine. Honestly no need to take it down again..

The district resets and getting kicked out of the game individually are the problems in my opinion. We were doing quite well last night, but around level 50 we started individually at different times getting the disconnect. When you get back and the position is still open you start out at level 1 cannon. Bad enough when it happens to one pirate but when you go through a series of these and three people have been disconnected and come back then you end up with three low level people trying to beat the higher level waves without the ammo we would have had if we had not disconnected. Wish I was a computer programmer. I would try to help solve this problem but I am just an old woman lol. So good luck to the devs. Hope they can figure it out. We love the mini game.

I'm having no problems at all with canon defense other than crashing to my desktop pretty often past wave 60 sometimes sooner. The aiming and view is exactly how I remember it being in PotCO. I think CD is fine for the public now, these crashes are just an issue, but they can be fixed without having to take CD back down, unlike whatever the previous issues were.

The more people in the game, the more it's crashing.
I don’t think that’s it. I always play CD on the quiet servers where I never crashed at all in the last year and the population while I was doing CD was similar to earlier numbers. The server crashes could be due to population but not the individual crashes that are more CD specific.

I don’t think that’s it. I always play CD on the quiet servers where I never crashed at all in the last year and the population while I was doing CD was similar to earlier numbers. The server crashes could be due to population but not the individual crashes that are more CD specific.
Well, todays tlopo isn't yesterday's potco. People probably shouldn't be comparing potco gameplay with tlopo gameplay. People can compare visuals, loot and other parameters that don't have any direct connection to the newer tlopo coding. Much different servers as well.
No way tlopo comes close to disney server capabilities.
I've directly seen action change when people get dc'd or come back. I wouldn't rule out player count in mini game. Much the same when I watch boss groups and the dynamics of afk and people coming and going. On my system these things absolutely make a difference. On newer systems and such, probably not so much. I do have a 100 Mbps connection that is solid.

If the issues continue like this, it could be better to pull it back down and try again. Before people really start complaining. What good is the mini game if one can't stay in it for very long. The devs are already on this, and they know pretty much whats going on, and if CD has to close for a couple a weeks, people will just have to remember .... BETA!

Well, todays tlopo isn't yesterday's potco. People probably shouldn't be comparing potco gameplay with tlopo gameplay. People can compare visuals, loot and other parameters that don't have any direct connection to the newer tlopo coding. Much different servers as well.
No way tlopo comes close to disney server capabilities.
I've directly seen action change when people get dc'd or come back. I wouldn't rule out player count in mini game. Much the same when I watch boss groups and the dynamics of afk and people coming and going. On my system these things absolutely make a difference. On newer systems and such, probably not so much. I do have a 100 Mbps connection that is solid.

If the issues continue like this, it could be better to pull it back down and try again. Before people really start complaining. What good is the mini game if one can't stay in it for very long. The devs are already on this, and they know pretty much whats going on, and if CD has to close for a couple a weeks, people will just have to remember .... BETA!
I do think it’s fair to compare tlopo and potco, potco is the only reasonable standard to compare tlopo with. It is possible that population within the mini game is a factor but I have doubt, I’ve only tried with 4 and it is difficult to play starting with less, so, it is unreasonable to expect people to play with less. I did see a second person crash once after one had already crashed, leaving only two of us. I do think this crashing is caused by the mini game. I also think the game is playable enough to merit leaving open while the developers consider the issue. It mostly plays well and this constant crashing is the only real issue I see but I was still able to get a few nice CD only rams to drop. As you say Beta!

Back