Cap Changes

Goliath1312

Buccaneer
I was thinking about if someone could reach level 55 for all weapons so you can have 5 levels in every skill and passive. Would be going farther than the original that shot it down. Plus, there is such a low chance of getting stronger weapon, it increases the chance of surviving against stronger enemies.

I see there wasn't a response to this. I really hope this is taken into consideration. Even if you get a really good weapon, you could still mater every weapon in the game or that specific weapon. It would be a sweet idea. Hopefully, it wouldn't be to much work.

Wouldn't they have to add more skills for each weapon? I mean with 54 skill points I could max out everything and still have skill points left, I think that's why disney only increased the weapon levels from 25 to 30. I think a couple more skills could be added with level 35 weapon levels instead of 55.

Actually, I'd be ok with higher lvling that doesn't effect anything like skill points or health. Just as a badge basically to show your work and what you like better (no longer making everything "maxed" for sp and hp).

Actually, I'd be ok with higher lvling that doesn't effect anything like skill points or health. Just as a badge basically to show your work and what you like better (no longer making everything "maxed" for sp and hp).

To me that would be pointless. Why not get more health? Every enemy or at least bosses has way more health then we do, and voodoo doll can heal way over our current health. I think it is set up for us to lvl higher, and more notoriety with health.

To me that would be pointless. Why not get more health? Every enemy or at least bosses has way more health then we do, and voodoo doll can heal way over our current health. I think it is set up for us to lvl higher, and more notoriety with health.

Adding a lvl cap 20 higher for each weapon and gaining hp every lvl would make people feel obligated to do it to be good. I think it's right where it should be, people would get burnt out seeing they have so far to go. As for bosses having higher health, that's just the easiest way to make them harder without making them kill u with 2 shots. There's only maybe 3 bosses a maxed pirate can't 1v1. Voodoo is split when healing pirates and becomes more even, and a maxed life drain does more like half hp gain

Wouldn't they have to add more skills for each weapon? I mean with 54 skill points I could max out everything and still have skill points left, I think that's why disney only increased the weapon levels from 25 to 30. I think a couple more skills could be added with level 35 weapon levels instead of 55.

Actually, it would take 55 points to max everything out. I will use the sword as a example. Your full combo of hack, slash, cleave, flourish, and thrust would have 5 points in each maxing out giving you 25. Then max out all 4 of your weapon attack skills adding to 20. 20+25 is 45. Then you add 5 to your first passive. That brings you up to 50. Then add your last 5 points to the passive and you would be at 55.

It wouldn't be a way to get more health per say unless you max out the passive for the sword. The other weapons can't boost this. Even if you do max it out, Even then, the photo on tlopo wiki shows you only have 3,727 health. Not sure if that's with the behemoth blade or not. But that is at level cap as well. The downside with voodoo dolls is that you need a buddy with you to heal. It won't save you anyways when you get into the harder islands like Raven's Cove and some caves with Unchanfist and the likes. It can only take one hit to kill you with some of these if you are not trained enough. But, I digress. It is more about mastering all your skill for every weapon and having a badge to show for it in a way. If it would trouble people, the sword could be capped at 50 so they could max out parry.

I mean even if they didn't add skill points past 30, it would be a nice badge of honor for a pirate and updates could come out from time to time constantly upping the caps if needed. Unfortunately, I don't think there would be any way of them not upping your health with the swords passive and all. If people choose to max out that.
This could also lead into my idea I am gonna post tonight.

Just make a new pirate once you max out.
If you're worried about losing your identity, just use the same name, make him or her look the same, etc.
Level 50 max is boring, plain and simple. Keep it fresh, make another pirate.
Savor it!

Actually, it would take 55 points to max everything out. I will use the sword as a example. Your full combo of hack, slash, cleave, flourish, and thrust would have 5 points in each maxing out giving you 25. Then max out all 4 of your weapon attack skills adding to 20. 20+25 is 45. Then you add 5 to your first passive. That brings you up to 50. Then add your last 5 points to the passive and you would be at 55.
You're forgetting that you already get 1 skill point automatically for hack and slash so it'll only take 23 points to max out the combos.

If you're worried about losing your identity, just use the same name, make him or her look the same, etc.
Savor it!

Idk. But it is the same boring leveling every time where as the weapon mastery can be an advancement from the same boring levels and grinding all over again. Getting them father than the point they were intended to go.

Idk. But it is the same boring leveling every time where as the weapon mastery can be an advancement from the same boring levels and grinding all over again. Getting them father than the point they were intended to go.
I find the game to be quite enjoyable, and I love leveling, sailing, doing the quests and grinding for loot.
It's what the game is about. While there's plenty of room for improvement and additional features, it's pretty good for what it is and what it's supposed to be.
So, if those aspects of the game seem boring to you, then might I suggest playing something else?
Savor it!

Savor it!
Spoken like someone with 50 alts all with the same name...

Savor it!
Can you use the same name with a new pirate?

Can you use the same name with a new pirate?
Yup, sure can!
I've got, well, a few of me in-game. I name some of them with variants of my basic pirate name, only to be able to keep track of who's who.

Back