Blog Post Capture the Chest: Coming This Fall

The Crew

TLOPO Staff
Capture the Chest: Coming This Fall
Posted by The Crew

News Post Image

Ahoy, all!

Thank you so much for tuning in to our Kingshead event! It got a little bumpy there, so we appreciate your patience! Nevertheless, we were so excited to have you all there when we announced the Capture the Chest expansion!

Capture the Chest is our take on the classic game of Capture the Flag. This new PvP mode takes place on Marauder's Cove, an abandoned Navy fort found deep within the Uncharted Waters. Long after its abandonment, two pirate crews have taken over the fortress in an attempt to loot its leftover gold. Pick a side and protect your treasure!

A new infamy track and rewards will also be included in the update. And speaking of the update... when shall you expect it? This fall.

Stay tuned for more, mates. For now, enjoy the trailer!

View this post on the TLOPO website

Last edited by a moderator:
I foresaw a potential PvP expansion but what I don't think anyone could have ever saw coming is one with a unique twist. I have to applaud developers for their dedication and the brains behind this idea because this is just one of many ways this game can be made better. I'm definitely going to have to find some time again.

Very exciting news. I hope this game mode has lots of replay value so players will still enjoy it months after its initial release.

Very exciting news. I hope this game mode has lots of replay value so players will still enjoy it months after its initial release.
It will have good replay potential if one of the 3 options [or all 3] is done.
1. Potion/Boost rewards. - The rewards for beating an enemy team would be a 5x of any random type of brewable potion at rank 5. Depending on size of the teams/score and time spent playing.
2. Leaderboards rankings "Capture the Flag" ranking. - If this system can somehow be tracked for wins/losses to player, as well as guilds. That would make the game mode a very competitive and give this update good replay potential.
3. A higher Infamy ranks and reward(s). - This would make players want to grind PvP rankings in a team together rather than just relying on kill each other for rank. [As many people do not enjoy PvP.]

However, this is just a few ideas of mine. A game mode this big regardless even standing alone should last a fair bit though. :)

It will have good replay potential if one of the 3 options [or all 3] is done.
1. Potion/Boost rewards. - The rewards for beating an enemy team would be a 5x of any random type of brewable potion at rank 5. Depending on size of the teams/score and time spent playing.
2. Leaderboards rankings "Capture the Flag" ranking. - If this system can somehow be tracked for wins/losses to player, as well as guilds. That would make the game mode a very competitive and give this update good replay potential.
3. A higher Infamy ranks and reward(s). - This would make players want to grind PvP rankings in a team together rather than just relying on kill each other for rank. [As many people do not enjoy PvP.]

However, this is just a few ideas of mine. A game mode this big regardless even standing alone should last a fair bit though. :)
1. Not sure about this one, I don't know if potions would be a great incentive.
2.We have considered Leaderboards before in regards to PvP and CTC, we hope to do it.
3. CTC already has it's own infamy ranks and rewards ;)
infamy.png

Back