Discussion Capture The Chest

Mariaomalley

Dockworker
As we are about to enter a new phase of Tlopo with Capture the Chest, somewhere down the line . I've thought about new ways for Tlopo to expand the game within the parameters of the game itself without having to create new spaces but instead use existing areas in the game for the purpose of continuity.

First, my understanding is Capture the Chest rewards are taken just as a ship crew would receive their share based on their efforts. The question is what happens from there? Does it end with that particular run? Or could, just like Hollow Woods, you receive bones to purchase certain rewards.
Instead within your loot you may receive Doubloons to purchase a Ship Cove at perhaps the cost of 250,000 Doubloons such as the one behind the door at the Secret Peddler on Tortuga. Imagine sailing your ship out of your very own Cove? Very impressive or perhaps a two story Mansion on Ravens with your own dreary garden, but beware the red ghost is your neighbor! at a cost of 200,000. Maybe an apartment in the town of Padres where you can shop all day or at least till your money runs out, at a cost of 150,000. better yet a shack which looks like the one behind Tia Dalma on the island of Cuba where alligators skins are there for the taking, for the meager price of 100,000 . Port Royal is filled with houses of greater value or even something more simplistic as a shack to call yours own for the price of 90,000 and to fill it with your precious items purchased from peddlers. This allows your wardrobe and weapons belt to expand greatly.
While they are rather expensive, the good news about owning a base home is that unlike ships ,Garber and other items which lose their value, your real estate increases with time! I believe in order to achieve this expansion, an icon would be needed on your map which simply says Home. As with ships you can choose to open your base home to Friends, Guild Members, Crew or Public for those crazy parties where the public is invited. Don't worry they cant steal anything!
In any event these are some thoughts I had for the further betterment of the game. Tell me some of your thoughts. Id love to hear them. Thanks

Back