Question Cargo holds.

squintz

Pirate Lord
I've looked all over the wiki's for a list of how many cargo slots a ship can have.
I can get a copperhead, but the the listing of 110% -80% tells me nothing. I've never understood why they did percentages like that.
I have like 30 slots now, if I upgrade do I get less slots, like back to 20 or something? How is that an upgrade.
I don't see the reason to do this.
If anyone knows any links to the wiki that shows ships in numbers of slots per upgrade and such I would appreciate it.

The values were posted as percentages because were based on the values Disney listed in the Shipwright stands. Here are the base values.

Name Capactity
Light Sloop 6 Slots
Light Galleon 10 Slots
Light Frigate 8 Slots
Light Brig 8 Slots
Sloop 9 Slots
Galleon 14 Slots
Frigate 12 Slots
Brig 12 Slots
War Sloop 14 Slots
War Galleon 18 Slots
War Frigate 16 Slots
War Brig 16 Slots

Last edited:
The values were posted as percentages because were based on the values Disney listed in the Shipwright stands. Here are the base values.

Name Capactity
Light Sloop 6 Slots
Light Galleon 10 Slots
Light Frigate 8 Slots
Light Brig 8 Slots
Sloop 9 Slots
Galleon 14 Slots
Frigate 12 Slots
Brig 12 Slots
War Sloop 14 Slots
War Galleon 18 Slots
War Frigate 16 Slots
War Brig 16 Slots
Thank you. The percentages make no sense to me at all.
But I have a fortune 6 I think with 30 cargo. If I skull or firebrand it says 80% loss of cargo. I have no idea what that stands for.
What does that leave one with? 10 cargo slots? On a maxed ship? Thanks.

I've no idea where you are getting the numbers you are quoting from but all the ships except fortune hunters have the same size holds as Eliza stated above so if you change from a fortune hunter to anything else that is what you will get. Since your ship is a fully upgraded one already I would not technically consider changing to a different upgrade an upgrade, more a modification. Fortune Hunters have a 50% cargo bonus that you will lose if you change to any other fully ranked ship which is a 33% loss for cargo space. I should also point out that the percentages quoted by Disney were not exact even accounting for rounding and so you may see a difference of one more than what the numbers suggest.

Last edited:
I've no idea where you are getting the numbers you are quoting from but all the ships except fortune hunters have the same size holds as Eliza stated above so if you change from a fortune hunter to anything else that is what you will get. Since your ship is a fully upgraded one already I would not technically consider changing to a different upgrade an upgrade, more a modification. Fortune Hunters have a 50% cargo bonus that you will lose if you change to any other fully ranked ship which is a 33% loss for cargo space. I should also point out that the percentages quoted by Disney were not exact even accounting for rounding and so you may see a difference of one more than what the numbers suggest.
Almost everything in the game is coded in percentages % formulas. Why tell a 10 year old you get -80% for certain upgrade when no one knows what 80% is of. 80% percent of what? What is 100%? See what I'm getting at. I just want to know normal numbers, if I had 30 slots and for some odd reason they get downgraded then just tell me the number of slots I have. I didn't find it on the wiki because I don't think anyone knows for sure how many cargo is taken for a given upgrade. I look at that as if I have 30 slots and lose 80% of them for some stupid reason, now I have like 6 slots? Obviously that's not right, but why even have it that way. It's a throw back to potco and I don't think people understood it all that well then either. I get that you get a boost somewhere else and lose something in the process, but put it in English.

Almost everything in the game is coded in percentages % formulas. Why tell a 10 year old you get -80% for certain upgrade when no one knows what 80% is of. 80% percent of what? What is 100%? See what I'm getting at. I just want to know normal numbers, if I had 30 slots and for some odd reason they get downgraded then just tell me the number of slots I have. I didn't find it on the wiki because I don't think anyone knows for sure how many cargo is taken for a given upgrade. I look at that as if I have 30 slots and lose 80% of them for some stupid reason, now I have like 6 slots? Obviously that's not right, but why even have it that way. It's a throw back to potco and I don't think people understood it all that well then either. I get that you get a boost somewhere else and lose something in the process, but put it in English.
I can tell you that when you see 100% as a ship stat for an upgrade that means it will have 100% of that feature after the upgrade relative to the base ship, the stats that Eliza quoted earlier, not the next lower level upgrade. The only available 80% buff is to the armor of a fully ranked Copperhead and as far as I recall the next biggest is 50% also to a fully ranked Copperhead. So where on earth are you getting your information from? I think the whole thing is quite simple, if slightly inaccurate. Maybe slightly beyond the average 10 year old but not the average 12 year old.

I can tell you that when you see 100% as a ship stat for an upgrade that means it will have 100% of that feature after the upgrade relative to the base ship, the stats that Eliza quoted earlier, not the next lower level upgrade. The only available 80% buff is to the armor of a fully ranked Copperhead and as far as I recall the next biggest is 50% also to a fully ranked Copperhead. So where on earth are you getting your information from? I think the whole thing is quite simple, if slightly inaccurate. Maybe slightly beyond the average 10 year old but not the average 12 year old.
Auh, whatever the selection between a skull and a firebrand, it says MINUS 80%. My ship says something like 120% already. so yea Eric, I'm below a 12 year old mentality. But hey, what can I do.

Auh, whatever the selection between a skull and a firebrand, it says MINUS 80%. My ship says something like 120% already. so yea Eric, I'm below a 12 year old mentality. But hey, what can I do.
So... let me get this straight. What actual ship do you have? I was lead to believe it was a Fortune Hunter rank VI and you never said which model but I was guessing War Galleon, is that correct or do you have something else? What statistic are you talking about? I was lead to believe it was cargo hold size.

A Fortune hunter of any rank has a cargo buff of 50% that means it will hold 50% more than the un-upgraded ship type you have. The two possible conversions you have with a single transaction are, as you stated, Firestorm or Skull and Bones. Both of those upgrades have no buff to cargo space and so will have what is referred to as 100% cargo, in a War Galleon that is 18 slots and approximately a 33% loss of cargo space from your Fortune Hunter.

I've never done such a transaction and so never seen what you are talking about but if the above info about your ship is correct I suspect that it should say -50%, the reference always being back to the 100% of the base ship, and the -80% you are seeing is an error that should be corrected and you should report it.

Rest assured that if you change a Fortune Hunter into a Firestorm or Skull and Bones it will be approximately a 33% loss of cargo space and if it is a War Galleon it will have 18 cargo slots after the conversion, of that I am certain.

Last edited:
So... let me get this straight. What actual ship do you have? I was lead to believe it was a Fortune Hunter rank VI and you never said which model but I was guessing War Galleon, is that correct or do you have something else? What statistic are you talking about? I was lead to believe it was cargo hold size.

A Fortune hunter of any rank has a cargo buff of 50% that means it will hold 50% more than the un-upgraded ship type you have, as I said the numbers seem to come out slightly off (quite fittingly, more like guidelines that actual rules, rofl). The two possible conversions you have with a single transaction are, as you stated, Firestorm or Skull and Bones. Both of those upgrades have no buff to cargo space and so will have what is referred to as 100% cargo, in a War Galleon that is 18 slots and approximately a 33% loss of cargo space from your Fortune Hunter.

I've never done such a transaction and so never seen what you are talking about but if the above info about your ship is correct it should say -33% and the -80% you are seeing is an error that should be corrected and you should report it.

Rest assured that if you change a Fortune Hunter into a Firestorm or Skull and Bones it will be approximately a 33% loss of cargo space and if it is a War Galleon it will have 18 cargo slots after the conversion, of that I am certain.
Yes, I believe it's a VI fortune. That basically answers my question. Either way, either choice I'm losing almost 50% of my cargo space. With firebrand working in question, it makes no sense to me to lose one of the only benefits of a fortune hunter. At this point I see no benefit of it.

Name Capactity
Light Sloop 6 Slots
Light Galleon 10 Slots
Light Frigate 8 Slots
Light Brig 8 Slots
Sloop 9 Slots
Galleon 14 Slots
Frigate 12 Slots
Brig 12 Slots
War Sloop 14 Slots
War Galleon 18 Slots
War Frigate 16 Slots
War Brig 16 Slots
Sloop capacity is 10, not 9.

Yes, I believe it's a VI fortune. That basically answers my question. Either way, either choice I'm losing almost 50% of my cargo space. With firebrand working in question, it makes no sense to me to lose one of the only benefits of a fortune hunter. At this point I see no benefit of it.
You would be trading cargo space and armor for a slight buff on broadsides, speed, and turning radius. I personally like the Firestorm but, like the Fortune Hunter it suffers from lack of broadside punch. I'm not a fan of big cargo holds and feel 16 is plenty, I'd rather port and go again. Of course the Fortune Hunter is a great all-around ship with the exception of its broadsides so if you have powerful crew to make up the difference it is a force to be reckoned with. Much the same with the Firestorm really, it's agility makes up for its frailty and lack of punch. Large Firestorms are pretty effective solo with a Cajun Ram but like the Fortune hunter need crew to be all they could be. Ship design is something Disney did a great job on and most people under estimate the balance that they achieved with all the different upgrades, it's a monumental achievement imo and they did not manage the same in land combat at all.

I've looked all over the wiki's for a list of how many cargo slots a ship can have.
I can get a copperhead, but the the listing of 110% -80% tells me nothing. I've never understood why they did percentages like that.
I have like 30 slots now, if I upgrade do I get less slots, like back to 20 or something? How is that an upgrade.
I don't see the reason to do this.
If anyone knows any links to the wiki that shows ships in numbers of slots per upgrade and such I would appreciate it.
crap UI that wont be changed for a LONG time.

My current ship upgrade:
e9d76c240936fbdb88e368b00b899f35.jpg

I have a War Brig. Basic has 16 slots. It went up 60% to 25 slots. 16 x .6 = 9.6; 16 + 9.6 = 25.6. So apparently POTCO and TLOPO dont round up to nearest number and just drop the decimal instead.

If I stay the same path:
d66daad3f34d1f36aab3403d9d47bc20.jpg

So, if I stay on this path, then I will gain another 28% cargo. Basic War Brig has 16 slots. Currently I have 25, which is 160%: 100% of 16 plus the 60% from last upgrade which was an extra 9. This upgrade goes up another 28%. So total upgrade of cargo slots from the original, 60% from last upgrade, plus the 28% for this upgrade will give us 88% upgrade. Time for math... 16 x .88 = 14.08; 16 + 14.08 = 30.08. New cargo slots is 30. Remember the decimal is dropped.

If I go to the skull and crossbones:
b3f2503f4fe24555f112c4add0af8b30.jpg

So as you see here, this one is easy to figure out. No need for math. When upgrading my current ship from level III to skull and bones, I would simply lose that cargo upgrade I got from the last time I upgraded the ship and would be back down to 16 cargo slots.

If I go to the firestorm:
3adf3288c24f21c2b15064f3ff82d976.jpg

This is easy as well. I would lose the upgrade cargo slots from last change and be back down to 16 again.

Not going to screenshot the other options. I could currently change my mind and instead of doing a ship focused on cargo slots, change to either level III speed or armor and I would lose the 60% gained from last upgrade and be back down to the basic 16 slots for the War Frigate.

Hope that helps, @squintz .

Last edited:
My current ship upgrade:
e9d76c240936fbdb88e368b00b899f35.jpg

I have a War Brig. Basic has 16 slots. It went up 60% to 25 slots. 16 x .6 = 9.6; 16 + 9.6 = 25.6. So apparently POTCO and TLOPO dont round up to nearest number and just drop the decimal instead.

If I stay the same path:
d66daad3f34d1f36aab3403d9d47bc20.jpg

So, if I stay on this path, then I will gain another 28% cargo. Basic War Brig has 16 slots. Currently I have 25, which is 160%: 100% of 16 plus the 60% from last upgrade which was an extra 9. This upgrade goes up another 28%. So total upgrade of cargo slots from the original, 60% from last upgrade, plus the 28% for this upgrade will give us 88% upgrade. Time for math... 16 x .88 = 14.08; 16 + 14.08 = 30.08. New cargo slots is 30. Remember the decimal is dropped.

If I go to the skull and crossbones:
b3f2503f4fe24555f112c4add0af8b30.jpg

So as you see here, this one is easy to figure out. No need for math. When upgrading my current ship from level III to skull and bones, I would simply lose that cargo upgrade I got from the last time I upgraded the ship and would be back down to 16 cargo slots.

If I go to the firestorm:
3adf3288c24f21c2b15064f3ff82d976.jpg

This is easy as well. I would lose the upgrade cargo slots from last change and be back down to 16 again.

Not going to screenshot the other options. I could currently change my mind and instead of doing a ship focused on cargo slots, change to either level III speed or armor and I would lose the 60% gained from last upgrade and be back down to the basic 16 slots for the War Frigate.

Hope that helps, @squintz .
@Kate Goldwalker

That helps perfectly and well done. I'm sure the original disney designers had their reasons for the reductions.

Now it looks like you need to go pvp and do some bounty buddy churning for gold.

GL

Back