Discussion Cavaliers-Warriors 3.0

Stephen Teague

Pirate Lord
I think it's pretty safe to say that the Celtics/Cavs series is over as well as the Spurs/Warriors series going to 5 games AT MOST (which I doubt the Spurs can even pull that off). Oh well, this rematch was destined to happen since the last tick of last year's series. I honestly think the Cavs will beat the Warriors in 7. Golden State has all the pressure on them, LeBron on the other hand, does not. He's the underdog and he will carry this Cavs team to win the series. Kyrie is great, Kevin is eh, they've got a decent cast but take LeBron off this team and they win 40 games max (probably more like 30 though). Anyways.. what are your thoughts on this potential/likely match-up? Predictions and why?

I think Warriors get the W this year (coming from a dubs hater). If Curry was healthy last year, or they hadn't been idiots by going for 73 wins, they would have won. This year, he's healthy, plus they got Durant with an additional 30pts. It was hard enough for LeBron to play 48 minutes vs. a great defender like Iguodala and a solid one in Barnes, now he will have Iguodala and a 6'11 freak he will have to guard on defense. Kyrie and Kevin Love's defenses will be exposed against a team that has 4 all-starts that play both ways, and pretty freaking well.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the Celtics/Cavs series is over as well as the Spurs/Warriors series going to 5 games AT MOST (which I doubt the Spurs can even pull that off). Oh well, this rematch was destined to happen since the last tick of last year's series. I honestly think the Cavs will beat the Warriors in 7. Golden State has all the pressure on them, LeBron on the other hand, does not. He's the underdog and he will carry this Cavs team to win the series. Kyrie is great, Kevin is eh, they've got a decent cast but take LeBron off this team and they win 40 games max (probably more like 30 though). Anyways.. what are your thoughts on this potential/likely match-up? Predictions and why?
The Warriors are gonna win. Even if the warriors feel pressure and mess something up like loose the first game, they will regroup calm down and win the rest after that. The warriors have proved time and time again that even when they start the game bad like a 25-30 point deficit against the second best team in the NBA (record wise) *Cough *Cough or another deficit to the second best team (record wise) *cough *cough they can still come back and win. The Warriors played the Cavs twice this season - the first time they stupidly blew a 10 point lead at Cleveland and though they probably would of won if LeBron had been called for a technical Foul for hanging on the rim and Richard Jefferson would have been called for a foul on Durant, and even though I'm a Warriors fan and I hate the Cavs I'm still going to hold this against the Warriors because they blew the lead so it should not have mattered about the tech on LeBron and the Jefferson foul. Anyway the second time they played at Oakland the Warriors got off to a good start and sometime in the first half just BLEW UP on offense and defense started getting turnovers off Cleveland and they ended up killing them off fastbreaks. They turned good defense into better offense. The Warriors did not play as well as they should have at the beginning of the season from about October to the start of January, because there were so many all stars and they were all getting used to eachother. The Warriors have had plenty of time to get used to playing with each other and I doubt they are going to make the same mistakes they did at the beginning of the season. Curry has played very well these last few games with the Spurs and when Curry is not playing well then Durant always steps up. Thompson has struggled offensively but he will figure things out and besides he is playing great defense. TBH even if Thompson can't figure things out but plays good D then they are probably gonna win anyway. Draymond Green has played steadily well. Anyway in short the Warriors will win because when the Warriors get started NO ONE CAN STOP THEM...

The Warriors are gonna win. Even if the warriors feel pressure and mess something up like loose the first game, they will regroup calm down and win the rest after that. The warriors have proved time and time again that even when they start the game bad like a 25-30 point deficit against the second best team in the NBA (record wise) *Cough *Cough or another deficit to the second best team (record wise) *cough *cough they can still come back and win. The Warriors played the Cavs twice this season - the first time they stupidly blew a 10 point lead at Cleveland and though they probably would of won if LeBron had been called for a technical Foul for hanging on the rim and Richard Jefferson would have been called for a foul on Durant, and even though I'm a Warriors fan and I hate the Cavs I'm still going to hold this against the Warriors because they blew the lead so it should not have mattered about the tech on LeBron and the Jefferson foul. Anyway the second time they played at Oakland the Warriors got off to a good start and sometime in the first half just BLEW UP on offense and defense started getting turnovers off Cleveland and they ended up killing them off fastbreaks. They turned good defense into better offense. The Warriors did not play as well as they should have at the beginning of the season from about October to the start of January, because there were so many all stars and they were all getting used to eachother. The Warriors have had plenty of time to get used to playing with each other and I doubt they are going to make the same mistakes they did at the beginning of the season. Curry has played very well these last few games with the Spurs and when Curry is not playing well then Durant always steps up. Thompson has struggled offensively but he will figure things out and besides he is playing great defense. TBH even if Thompson can't figure things out but plays good D then they are probably gonna win anyway. Draymond Green has played steadily well. Anyway in short the Warriors will win because when the Warriors get started NO ONE CAN STOP THEM...
Very true. They go as Draymond Green goes.

Looking back at this I laughed.

Back