Discussion Censored word

It also has a very non-FF meaning; the first match if you google it should make that crystal clear. Kinda sad yes

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't mean it in that urban dictionary sense.
Of course not. I use it as an acronym

Apparently, I can't say the Q-word either, even though it has been known as a synonym for strange for the past 200 years and has just recently been inexplicably redefined in a manner unfitting of it's inception.

That don't make no sense.

Apparently, I can't say the Q-word either, even though it has been known as a synonym for strange for the past 200 years and has just recently been inexplicably redefined in a manner unfitting of it's inception.

Once you allow a perfectly fine word that can be used in inappropriate contexts to be used freely, people will absolutely use it in such inappropriate contexts. Because of this, the staff is forced to keep words like that off the whitelist.

Yeah I hate when people take already known words and change the definition

Where I live, if you hear the "Q-word" at all, it is definitely *not* as a synonym for "strange" or "odd". In fact, I don't think I've heard it used in its proper original context in a long time. It's not unreasonable to assume that if you mean strange or odd, you will just say strange or odd.

Language moderation is under review atm, the plan being to lean more toward human judgement of intent, so unless you're actively harassing other players or pounding rage curses into the keyboard you should be fine.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/moderation-procedures-overhaul-work-in-progress.19626

There's a political problem with words that start with q. We can say straight, so filtering out words for not-straight tells those people that their identity is offensive and inappropriate. That can be far more damaging to a child than hearing a scatological curse.

Language moderation is under review atm, the plan being to lean more toward human judgement of intent, so unless you're actively harassing other players or pounding rage curses into the keyboard you should be fine.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/moderation-procedures-overhaul-work-in-progress.19626

There's a political problem with words that start with q. We can say straight, so filtering out words for not-straight tells those people that their identity is offensive and inappropriate. That can be far more damaging to a child than hearing a scatological curse.
The non straight words are abused a lot that could also damage a child, I've never seen someone make fun of a person for being straight so there's that..

My friends and I were trying to discuss the pride parade.. and both got language warnings for using the G word..... made me sad.

Back