change keymaps

jetstorm9843

Dockworker
I played this game over 10 years ago, but eventually stopped. Now I'm considering playing again. The problem is after playing a more traditional MMO, I find the hotkeys in this game too awkward. I can't press control and move via wasd at the same time.

Is there a way to change the keys?

I played this game over 10 years ago, but eventually stopped. Now I'm considering playing again. The problem is after playing a more traditional MMO, I find the hotkeys in this game too awkward. I can't press control and move via wasd at the same time.

Ahoy @jetstorm9843,

In present time, there is no support for remapping Key Bindings. This can be done artificially via 3rd Party Software such as Razer Synapse and SteelSeries Engine by changing the functionality of a key-- However, I feel like that is far too much work for what it's worth.

I do agree that I hope in future updates the viability to allow user-customized key bindings will be implemented, but we will have to see.

Fair Winds,

Misha

Hey, I really like your thinking mate! Key binds would be a really useful feature for TLOPO! Unfortunately at the current state of the game, as Misha stated above, they are not in the game.

"In present time, there is no support for remapping Key Bindings. This can be done artificially via 3rd Party Software such as Razer Synapse and SteelSeries Engine by changing the functionality of a key-- However, I feel like that is far too much work for what it's worth. "

Well, I'm not sure using any of those 3rd partys mentioned would float with Tlopo.

"In present time, there is no support for remapping Key Bindings. This can be done artificially via 3rd Party Software such as Razer Synapse and SteelSeries Engine by changing the functionality of a key-- However, I feel like that is far too much work for what it's worth. "

Well, I'm not sure using any of those 3rd partys mentioned would float with Tlopo.

While I understand your concern, so long as remapping keys don't allow you to macro attacks at insane intervals, I'm sure that designating different buttons for their same purpose isn't an offense.

More of a quality of life improvement, as it were. I actually did the same thing with Toontown Rewritten up until they implemented key mapping as a feature. It isnt entirely necessary, but It can be helpful for those who want it.

I'm not sure if you would be into it, but I use arrow keys. Using arrow keys and ctrl for attack is way easier than WASD.

I wouldn't make such comments until running them by tlopo developers. Outside speculation may not be the safest way to proceed in trying to improve ones gaming experience.

While I understand your concern, so long as remapping keys don't allow you to macro attacks at insane intervals, I'm sure that designating different buttons for their same purpose isn't an offense.

Back