Chapter Titles

Do you want to know more about the alternate universe that 'Land of Death' takes place in?

• Yes, please make a post about it(Q&A maybe, just an explanatory post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, in the story please(this will take a while to get to those chapters...)

• No, I'm good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm patient, I'm sure it'll come in due time.

• Total voters

brianizweird

Wanted Pirate
Hey, I have encountered some trouble finding names for my chapters in 'Land of Death', the story on Wattpad that I am currently working on. If you have been following the story, you have probably noticed that I do have vague names for the chapters, such as 'Sewers' for the first chapter, 'Entrance', 'Chase', and most recently, 'Town'. The next chapter would be with another appearance from Viper, and Aelida might hurt Wade, Andrea, Jesse, Jeff, and Linnie, but might help them. I won't spoil it for those of you who are reading.
So I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me create chapter names for the story. If you would like to I'd appreciate it if you helped me brainstorm or gave me some suggestions! Thanks!

By the way, I am creating a poll along with this post about this story. It's all about learning more about the alternate universe which 'Land of Death' take place in.

Well, I can't really help you come up with chapter names, but I would suggest elaborating on them a bit, such as adding a few more words to them like an adjective describing the town, or "A [adjective] Entrance", if you know what I mean. It would be more engaging for the audience.

For example, if I was writing a book about Lord of the Rings perhaps, (which I'm not) and I was writing a chapter about Goblin Town, instead of making the name of the chapter just "Goblin Town" I could name it something like "The Depths of Goblin Town" or "Down in the Deep of Goblin Town". The connotations of the word "deep" or "depth" are negative or ominous, leading the reader to continue reading because of these ominous implications, wanting to find out the cause of them.

For your story, assuming the sewers are a bad place to be, you could name the chapter something like "The [negative adjective] Sewers" (however, I would try to avoid using the word "dank" to describe them, as that word as lost all serious meaning with relatively young audiences lol)

Hope you know what I mean by this, I only intended to write one section but I got carried away, and when that happens it can seem a bit knotty.

Well, I can't really help you come up with chapter names, but I would suggest elaborating on them a bit, such as adding a few more words to them like an adjective describing the town, or "A [adjective] Entrance", if you know what I mean. It would be more engaging for the audience.

For example, if I was writing a book about Lord of the Rings perhaps, (which I'm not) and I was writing a chapter about Goblin Town, instead of making the name of the chapter just "Goblin Town" I could name it something like "The Depths of Goblin Town" or "Down in the Deep of Goblin Town". The connotations of the word "deep" or "depth" are negative or ominous, leading the reader to continue reading because of these ominous implications, wanting to find out the cause of them.

For your story, assuming the sewers are a bad place to be, you could name the chapter something like "The [negative adjective] Sewers" (however, I would try to avoid using the word "dank" to describe them, as that word as lost all serious meaning with relatively young audiences lol)

Hope you know what I mean by this, I only intended to write one section but I got carried away, and when that happens it can seem a bit knotty.
Thanks! I'll edit the chapter names later, and I'll keep that in mind. and I do agree that the word 'dank' has just gone down the drain. :) I decided to change 'Sewers' to 'Acidic Sewers'(because of a detail that the character, Viper, says to scare the main characters), 'Entrance' to 'Entrance to Terror', 'Chase' to 'Rapid Pursuit', and 'Town' to 'Mysterious Village'.

Last edited:
Back