Guide Charles Warmonk's Guide To Boss Farming! (In Progress...)

Do you want to see more TLOPO guides like this one?

• Yes! This was very insightful!

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • "Nay!" ~Swings Around Tree Branch~

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff

Within this guide I will be explain to you how to effectively farm boss' both SOLO & Within a Party! Please note: This is my method of farming boss' at level 50! This is not a guide intended for lower level pirates (40 or below) Enough rambling! Onto the guide!

I've taken the liberty of adding an "express link" by clicking on the boss' name within this guide. This is so no confusion is made between the new boss'. As they are fairly new, not everyone remembers their names.

Before I even go any further into this guide, I must STRESS that Curse is the most Important skill for ANY boss battle! You need this skill MAXED and to use it at the start of ANY and ALL boss fights! 30% more damage taken is monstrous CURSE on strong foes!
latest

Recommended Boss Slaying Equipment:
Swords with Hurricane Slash, Cursed Ice or Freeze Sweep
  • They are all forums of Break Attacks that prevent boss' from moving & attacking. They are the most ideal swords for keeping the boss' output damage limited.
2. Guns with Critical Strike Abilities
3. Spirit Type Dolls (Groups Only)
  • All types of Spirit Dolls are specialized with enhanced healing and protection capabilities. You will always want to keep one of these handy when your fellow pirates are in need of a Heal or Cure!
  • The BEST type of healing doll (Among the MANY) is the priceless Explorer Doll.

4. Staffs with Dark Aura (Groups only)
  • Dark Aura increase the damage of pirates around you by roughly 10%.
  • Meaning, it is ONLY useful to use if you are with 10 or more pirates.
  • Or if you do an extremely low about of damage, you can focus on increasing others damage instead!
Boss information & Farming Setups! (Under Construction... Early Example)
latest
The first (and weakest) boss is Crash! This boss' is the go too boss for solo & newly farming pirates! Perfect for practicing on and learning your stuff! Crash is a Melee type boss who focus' on getting right now to business and cutting you down to size!

Solo:
You will want to use basic combo #1 (Which will be listed in a guide update)
  1. Start out by attuning attuning Crash at the start of battle. Using the abilities Curse and THEN Grave Shackles. (Make distance as soon as you do this!)
  2. Pull out your strongest gun. (Recommended choices above) and blast him!
  3. Then blast him with your gun from afar and farm him!
Low level groups:
Have 1 person with curse duty, and the other with a interrupting ability. (Break Attack)
  1. Apply Voodoo Curse
  2. Charge your break attacks as a group
  3. Heal & provide knock down/Freeze attack when ally is in danger!
  4. Addition pirates in a party (if you have more than 3+) are recommended to use GUNS!
  5. Knock him the the floor and shoot him while he's down!

Last edited:
one thing id like to see added, if you are struggling to solo a tough boss like pacifico you can use a weapon with Drain health like the Tyrant blade to great affect. It gives you significantly more suitability especially if you pair it with curse and life drain from a voodoo doll
I just wrote this is a 'recommended guide' in the middle of the night. I plan to add MUCH more than that.

Thank you for your input though! I will for sure!

Charles, if you could add the weapon/pic/stats each boss drops that would be most helpful.
Once they become known that is, most are still not...

Within this guide I will be explain to you how to effectively farm boss' both SOLO & Within a Party! Please note: This is my method of farming boss' at level 50! This is not a guide intended for lower level pirates (40 or below) Enough rambling! Onto the guide!

I've taken the liberty of adding an "express link" by clicking on the boss' name within this guide. This is so no confusion is made between the new boss'. As they are fairly new, not everyone remembers their names.

Before I even go any further into this guide, I must STRESS that Curse is the most Important skill for ANY boss battle! You need this skill MAXED and to use it at the start of ANY and ALL boss fights! 30% more damage taken is monstrous CURSE on strong foes!
latest

Recommended Boss Slaying Equipment:
Swords with Hurricane Slash, Cursed Ice or Freeze Sweep
  • They are all forums of Break Attacks that prevent boss' from moving & attacking. They are the most ideal swords for keeping the boss' output damage limited.
2. Guns with Critical Strike Abilities
3. Spirit Type Dolls (Groups Only)
  • All types of Spirit Dolls are specialized with enhanced healing and protection capabilities. You will always want to keep one of these handy when your fellow pirates are in need of a Heal or Cure!
  • The BEST type of healing doll (Among the MANY) is the priceless Explorer Doll.

4. Staffs with Dark Aura (Groups only)
  • Dark Aura increase the damage of pirates around you by roughly 10%.
  • Meaning, it is ONLY useful to use if you are with 10 or more pirates.
  • Or if you do an extremely low about of damage, you can focus on increasing others damage instead!
Boss information & Farming Setups! (Under Construction... Early Example)
latest
The first (and weakest) boss is Crash! This boss' is the go too boss for solo & newly farming pirates! Perfect for practicing on and learning your stuff! Crash is a Melee type boss who focus' on getting right now to business and cutting you down to size!

Solo:
You will want to use basic combo #1 (Which will be listed in a guide update)
  1. Start out by attuning attuning Crash at the start of battle. Using the abilities Curse and THEN Grave Shackles. (Make distance as soon as you do this!)
  2. Pull out your strongest gun. (Recommended choices above) and blast him!
  3. Then blast him with your gun from afar and farm him!
Low level groups:
Have 1 person with curse duty, and the other with a interrupting ability. (Break Attack)
  1. Apply Voodoo Curse
  2. Charge your break attacks as a group
  3. Heal & provide knock down/Freeze attack when ally is in danger!
  4. Addition pirates in a party (if you have more than 3+) are recommended to use GUNS!
  5. Knock him the the floor and shoot him while he's down!
Nice. Question; if you switch out doll as soon as curse is applied to another weapon, does that not end the curse effect. Don't you need to hold the same weapon equipped as the original buff? I think at maxed 5, curse lasts 120 seconds.

Thanks.

Nice. Question; if you switch out doll as soon as curse is applied to another weapon, does that not end the curse effect. Don't you need to hold the same weapon equipped as the original buff? I think at maxed 5, curse lasts 120 seconds.

Thanks.
No. - It counts as a "effect" not a skill or combo. So it will last till the 120 second time expires.

The best examples I can think of is brawl's stun effect and taunt. They are both skills that apply "An effect" commonly know as a "Debuff" in popular MMO's.

Back