Chat bug

Horatio

Wanted Pirate
Consider the sentence -
The rolling waves teach me the steps of the dance.

The two words, 'me the', causes instant DC.

Found by Charlotte IronPhoenix

I'd like to add that with was tested on different servers, different locations, by different pirates and it does not matter if "me the" copy/pasted into the chat or typed out, as soon as you hit enter you will be disconnected.

A very strange bug and I wonder if there are other phrases that do it. I would never have figured it out if I had not been practicing for for Storytime.

Consider the sentence -
The rolling waves teach me the steps of the dance.

The two words, 'me the', causes instant DC.

Found by Charlotte IronPhoenix
I'd like to add that with was tested on different servers, different locations, by different pirates and it does not matter if "me the" copy/pasted into the chat or typed out, as soon as you hit enter you will be disconnected.

A very strange bug and I wonder if there are other phrases that do it. I would never have figured it out if I had not been practicing for for Storytime.
Yes, it seems that for some reason now words that are specifically blacklisted (not just off the Whitelist but also blacklisted as me the was before) now causes a disconnect. I doubt this is intentional, it should probably be looked into

Yes, it seems that for some reason now words that are specifically blacklisted (not just off the Whitelist but also blacklisted as me the was before) now causes a disconnect. I doubt this is intentional, it should probably be looked into
Not only that, but if we are so sensitive to this then why aren't method, methodical, methodically, methodology, methodological, methodologically on the blacklist?

If it is the case that saying a blacklisted word makes you crash, then there wasn't even any indication of that being the the reason. The words did not show up as red.

If it is the case that saying a blacklisted word makes you crash, then there wasn't even any indication of that being the the reason. The words did not show up as red.
I've seen other word combinations like this that didn't show any indication that they were off limits, but didn't get transmitted anyway. I wish I had kept a record.

Back