Chat Filter Tolerance Increase

Have none of you realized that they have already allowed things that POTCO never did? Like... numbers and number words?!

I'm not missing any point, Yulia. I understand first hand how annoying it is to type a word that is used every day and it not be allowed for the moment because it's not been whitelisted. But, you don't see me complaining about it do you? Why? Cause I request these words added. Easiest thing to do is request something... Especially when it comes to personalized names of pirates you play. Worst outcome of this... it gets rejected. Though, I can assure you that names will not be rejected from the whitelist UNLESS they are names rejected from being used.

What is tiring and annoying to me is the constant bickering and questioning and complaining about the Open Chat and the white list. Just request the blooming word if it's not working.

Maybe something like this could be considered with a petition? I don't feel like TLOPO is understaffed but that honestly could be solved, in which it looks like there are 70,000 + registered users on the forums. With a bigger team, moderating, and open chat it could work and I feel more people would be happier. Just a suggestion!

Can we at least add player's custom names to the whitelist? They've already been checked by a human, and you can already put them into chat by saying, well, anything at all.

Have none of you realized that they have already allowed things that POTCO never did? Like... numbers and number words?!

I'm not missing any point, Yulia. I understand first hand how annoying it is to type a word that is used every day and it not be allowed for the moment because it's not been whitelisted. But, you don't see me complaining about it do you? Why? Cause I request these words added. Easiest thing to do is request something... Especially when it comes to personalized names of pirates you play. Worst outcome of this... it gets rejected. Though, I can assure you that names will not be rejected from the whitelist UNLESS they are names rejected from being used.

What is tiring and annoying to me is the constant bickering and questioning and complaining about the Open Chat and the white list. Just request the blooming word if it's not working.

Okay well what is tiring me is how POTCO had open chat and remained kid friendly yet TLOPO is saying they can't remain kid friendly with open chat implemented. Not getting an explanation to that is getting very tiring if you ask me. Slowly but surely the remake is deviating from the original game.

As players who are loyal to the game and to the community do we not at least deserve an explanation to something we are wondering instead of just being flat out denied a core feature of the original game?

I’m very glad this issue has been brought up.

I suggest we should let go of the whitelist and here is why:

I can’t speak my mind. Communication between players - one of the important aspects in MMORPGs in general - is very much impaired here. It’s rather annoying that some of the normal English words aren’t in this game’s vocabulary. Constantly requesting words to be whitelisted is frankly quite tedious. Replacing whitelist with blacklist outweighs all the work put into adding words in all forms from the dictionary.

In addition, I’ve had occurrences when I want to help a player, but I simply can’t because I constantly have to make up workarounds in words I use to tutorial somebody, which itself makes it even more difficult for the tutorialed person to understand what I’m trying to teach him (often applies under technical help).

Also mentioned here before: typos – do happen quite often in my case, causing frequent unwanted pirate roar, leading me to correct my words multiple times… oh wait, u can’t even point out grammatical corrections with asterisk symbol in the chat because it’s not whitelisted… garr indeed.

You say that it can be abused, like people writing spaces between words or using numbers or whatever. Well you can always report the players if you so desire to.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that there's no option to disable the filters on incoming messages for older players who don't really care what words people throw at them. That's been the standard general solution to this issue for quite a while now. Filters don't need to be super sophisticated if only the parents have them switched on, and moderators can apply their energies to dealing with cases of abuse and harassment.

Last edited:
even with a white list people are incredibly creative with finding work arounds for using profanity. However that being said the TLOPO staff are constantly reviewing chat logs and taking action against these people. The issue with removing the white list would allow these people far far more ways to get around the standard blacklist filter which would easily double if not triple or more the work load the TLOPO moderation staff has. White listing words is the best way to handle this right now until there is some way to accurately filter out all the work arouds which may never happen OR everyone stops using profanity and inappropriate language in a childs game, which wont happen

Well TLOPO screwed up on dictionary. For a long time I dunno if still is I could not speak any Navajo. I could NOT even do my special emoji. :O) prob still cannot.

Well TLOPO screwed up on dictionary. For a long time I dunno if still is I could not speak any Navajo. I could NOT even do my special emoji. :O) prob still cannot.
Very few people speak Navajo, so I highly doubt they would allow words in other languages (Besides very common words like hola) to be used, as no one will know what they mean.

I have read so many insignificant complaints
I'm glad you're enjoying your time as much as we all are. However, no complaint is insignificant regardless of how pointless it may seem to you or to anyone else. Discussions and feedback are always welcome within this community.

Okay well what is tiring me is how POTCO had open chat and remained kid friendly yet TLOPO is saying they can't remain kid friendly with open chat implemented. Not getting an explanation to that is getting very tiring if you ask me. Slowly but surely the remake is deviating from the original game.

As players who are loyal to the game and to the community do we not at least deserve an explanation to something we are wondering instead of just being flat out denied a core feature of the original game?
I think TLOPO is currently in the same boat as TTR on this matter. For some reason, both servers seem to enforce an even stricter rule in terms of communication-wise compared to Disney. Heck, neither of them want to implement open chat for whatever reason. But what Disney didn't do is add onto the whitelist with words requested by players, so that's a plus one for the servers.

I've heard of unfair bans from players on TTR based on chat logs that do not even contain extreme and harmful explicit content. Has the same thing happened on TLOPO though? I don't know.

Well they said that it would overwhelm the moderation team and I get that, so my question is answered and we're all good on that one at least =p

You may suggest those on the whitelist thread, but if we do not speak the language and can not verify the word is family friendly then chances are it won't be accepted - we need to be able to verify it's safe. ;)
--

We do not plan on ever removing the whitelist, it is there to keep the game as the original was and removing it will make moderation a living nightmare. Sorry guys!

Very few people speak Navajo, so I highly doubt they would allow words in other languages (Besides very common words like hola) to be used, as no one will know what they mean.
They did allow Navajo in POTCO. Nothing wrong with it. I can say Ya'teh'hey! Here but not in game before.

You may suggest those on the whitelist thread, but if we do not speak the language and can not verify the word is family friendly then chances are it won't be accepted - we need to be able to verify it's safe. ;)

--

We do not plan on ever removing the whitelist, it is there to keep the game as the original was and removing it will make moderation a living nightmare. Sorry guys!
Can you point me to that white list imma add the common Navajo words.

The argument is TLOPO allows more than POTCO... in case you didn't understand that

Back