chat?

Speed Chat
  • Open to all users
  • Players select from a pre-determined list of questions and statements using a drop down menu.
Speed Chat Plus
  • Default setting for users 12 and under; can be turned off through the Parental Control feature.
  • Dictionary-based, keyboard chat system.
  • Players can only type in words that have been pre-approved (are in the dictionary).
  • This chat may be moderated; players can report another player for bad behavior.
Open Chat
  • Default setting for players 13+; can be turned on for players 12 and younger by a linked, validated adult account; can be turned off through the Parental control feature.
  • Open text field, keyboard chat system.
  • Players can type in any words they choose
  • All chat is filtered based on an active list of inappropriate words and phrases. Chat may be moderated. Players can report another player for bad behavior.
  • Open chat has three different levels/options within it:

Speed Chat Plus
  • Default setting for users 12 and under; can be turned off through the Parental Control feature.
  • Dictionary-based, keyboard chat system.
  • Players can only type in words that have been pre-approved (are in the dictionary).
  • This chat may be moderated; players can report another player for bad behavior.

This part that I underlined and made bold, well that is questionable. I have a friend in pirates who is an adult like me. His son had an account, but my friend took it over. Both accounts were linked. My friend spent weeks on the phone with POTCO about taking off the speed chat on his son's account. The result: my friend's account, which was open chat, became speed chat too. He was so mad that he quit the game for quite a while. When he did decide to come back, he created a new account because both of his old accounts were still speed chat. Disney never fixed the problem, despite numerous times where my friend proved his age and that he was the parent.

Back