Checking for updates

Blondie357

Honorable Pirate
@The Crew aka Mr. Dev (or whoever is on it lol).. just a quick note. Ever since the server merge, it has been taking forever after logging in to check for updates. My client actually froze up this morning while checking for them. It used to say checking for updates for like 2 seconds in the past and then breeze on through. Just wondered if you were aware or if this is happening to anyone else.

FYI, I decided to re-download the launcher (even tho it was the same version I already had) and this time it was immediate with checking for updates.... which by the way it downloaded 6 files. Was there an update since just last nite? (I logged off shortly after midnight CST)

That's interesting I don't believe there was an update as of last night.. When your game was updating last it most likely didn't update all the files from its prior update. This might've been your issue?

Mine stuck on verifying updates also. So I did the delete and downloaded the game again. It still sticks on checking for updates but it only lasts a couple of minutes now. I agree Blondie it is a lot longer than it use to be.

Mine stuck on verifying updates also. So I did the delete and downloaded the game again. It still sticks on checking for updates but it only lasts a couple of minutes now. I agree Blondie it is a lot longer than it use to be.
Just realized that since dev's like the in game reports, there is no way to do an in game report of a logging issue. So, that's one of those things to post to the threads I guess.

Yes, hopefully they will see it. At least I can get in now. Until I redownloaded the game it just sat there at checking updates. Now it only stays stuck at the updating for a couple of minutes.

Yes, hopefully they will see it. At least I can get in now. Until I redownloaded the game it just sat there at checking updates. Now it only stays stuck at the updating for a couple of minutes.
I've been pretty lucky and haven't experienced those issues yet. Always a first time however. Was on last night and the loggin process seemed just a tad longer, but didn't feel like it was stuck.

And sorta semi related to logging in.... when you see the loading screen, the one with the monkey and babalooa or whatever his name is, why does that little aztek looking loading wheel at the bottom spin COUNTER-CLOCKWISE?? Why why? It messes with my time continuum.

Back