Idea Choose One Song You'd Like To Hear In TLOPO

Tyler Grow

Pirate
1000x600_EPICMUSIC2018-web-optimised-1000.jpg

Okay so realistically we actually copy and paste your music into the game. However, if you have an instrumental music track that you really really like, send it my way to listen to! I'd love to hear some ideas and perhaps could use it as inspiration for the new content that is to come.

Guide:
1. Choose a song that is instrumental in nature. No rap, or rock music. As much as we like that we can't have anything like that playing as you load into the next boss battle.
2. Tell me how you think your music track could fit into the game.
3. Hit done/publish and I'll read it. Simple as that!

I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Lots of good instrumentals produced by Audiomachine and Two Steps from H*ll. There are portions of their scores which are too electronic for a pirate-style game in my opinion, but I find they're nice sources of inspiration. I'll list a few of my favorites because it's hard to choose only one.

Audiomachine:​
"Black Cauldron" - (I enjoy the tension of the opening -- could be a nice boss introduction.)​
"Sands of Time" - (Again, the strings in the intro seems fitting. Not sure about the choir fitting into theme, but perhaps it could fit as an SvS or PvP song.)​
Two Steps From H*ll:​
"All the King's Horses" - (Fast tempo -- another SvS track, or perhaps in the future, a background track for another Black-Pearl-esque boss fight. Just spit-balling here.)​
"Dark Ages" - (Extremely brassy, heavy, dark intro -- I see boss fight into immediately, but that's just a first glance.)​
Again, there are many other solid scores composed by these groups but I tried to keep the list short and to the point. Trust me, I could talk for days on this stuff. Thanks!

I'm sure you could use aspects of this as inspiration for somewhere very spooky in game like a new area of raven's cove or some new high lvl undead graveyard, or if a new area of dangerous jagged hullripper filled sea is added like entering the Devil's Triangle. As one track or theme not the only of course.

Lullaby's are also good for eeriness. This one's beautiful.
Also, if a new area is ever opened up at the back of The Forsaken Shallows, I'd love to hear an organ.

Last edited:
Lots of good instrumentals produced by Audiomachine and Two Steps from H*ll. There are portions of their scores which are too electronic for a pirate-style game in my opinion, but I find they're nice sources of inspiration. I'll list a few of my favorites because it's hard to choose only one.

Audiomachine:​
"Black Cauldron" - (I enjoy the tension of the opening -- could be a nice boss introduction.)​
"Sands of Time" - (Again, the strings in the intro seems fitting. Not sure about the choir fitting into theme, but perhaps it could fit as an SvS or PvP song.)​
Two Steps From H*ll:​
"All the King's Horses" - (Fast tempo -- another SvS track, or perhaps in the future, a background track for another Black-Pearl-esque boss fight. Just spit-balling here.)​
"Dark Ages" - (Extremely brassy, heavy, dark intro -- I see boss fight into immediately, but that's just a first glance.)​
Again, there are many other solid scores composed by these groups but I tried to keep the list short and to the point. Trust me, I could talk for days on this stuff. Thanks!

I LOVE this song.

Vivaldi if he was still here today would be proud. Good news is I could do something like this. Fun music

OK, I'm going to throw this out there at risk of myself, because 1. it's got words, and 2. it's rock, and 3... actually there's probably a host of reasons why it's a risky suggest, but hey... pirates don't exactly follow the rules... it's got a lengthy instrumental intro before the words though!

Without further delay: Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge:

Or, ya know... anything else by them that's within rating guidelines. :D

Can we have Travis Scott make a special looking pirate, come to Tortuga and do a concert like he did in Fortnite? :green smilies:

...jk of course.

I really like this melody, doesn't have to be added in the game. Just sharing so others can discover and listen to it if they haven't yet.

Blackheart - Two Steps From Hell

Hope everyone who listens enjoys it!

Anything by Great Big Sea. Most of their early stuff is just their take on 500 year old sailing songs. This one would be a good start:

Sorry, I'm obsessed.....

Last edited:
"You Are a Pirate" - Lazy Town
"The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" - Veggie Tales

All right, I'm (mostly) kidding, but how about "The Derelict (Yo-Ho-Ho and a Bottle of Rum)"?

How are we not afraid of copyright infringement with this? Is it only for music that is in the public domain? I assume that any chosen songs would be performed and recorded by the staff so as not to directly steal someone’s recording.

Back