Idea Choose One Song You'd Like To Hear In TLOPO

No.

@Tyler Grow don't you even think about it...
He would probably do it too, wouldn't he lol.
Just remember, @Tyler Grow...

Yar-har, fiddle-dee-dee,
All pirate songs are quite all right with me.
Do what you want, for composers are free,
You are a composer!

But, just...whatever you do...

Don't be a composer who doesn't do anything.
Please don't stay home and lie around.
If we ask you to compose anything,
Please don't tell us, "I won't do anything."

Okay but seriously, "The Derelict (Yo-Ho-Ho and a Bottle of Rum)." Please. I'll burst out laughing if I see the other two on one of the musicians' playlists in the future (because I was really just joking), but you will make me sadder than a piratic cucumber forced to do something if that song doesn't make it into the game. I mean, Gibbs even slurred out a few lines at the beginning of Dead Man's Chest.

How are we not afraid of copyright infringement with this? Is it only for music that is in the public domain? I assume that any chosen songs would be performed and recorded by the staff so as not to directly steal someone’s recording.

Every song I work within the game is screened to make sure it's in public domain. There's usually nothing to worry about when it comes to folk/traditional maritime songs because they've been around for years

Just remember, @Tyler Grow...

Yar-har, fiddle-dee-dee,
All pirate songs are quite all right with me.
Do what you want, for composers are free,
You are a composer!

But, just...whatever you do...

Don't be a composer who doesn't do anything.
Please don't stay home and lie around.
If we ask you to compose anything,
Please don't tell us, "I won't do anything."

Okay but seriously, "The Derelict (Yo-Ho-Ho and a Bottle of Rum)." Please. I'll burst out laughing if I see the other two on one of the musicians' playlists in the future (because I was really just joking), but you will make me sadder than a piratic cucumber forced to do something if that song doesn't make it into the game. I mean, Gibbs even slurred out a few lines at the beginning of Dead Man's Chest.

Sure. Yo-Ho-Ho!

Back