Guide Clearing your cache

Cheysa Finn

Pirate Lord
Ahoy!

In light of the recent set of Release Notes, here's some helpful info.

If you have Windows, find your TLOPO folder, then find the file simply called "cache". Open it, and delete everything inside. I suggest also deleting those files from your Recycle Bin.

If you have Mac, open Terminal and type the following EXACTLY:

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/cache/

Happy pirating!

~ Cheysa

Ahoy!

In light of the recent set of Release Notes, here's some helpful info.

If you have Windows, find your TLOPO folder, then find the file simply called "cache". Open it, and delete everything inside. I suggest also deleting those files from your Recycle Bin.

If you have Mac, open Terminal and type the following EXACTLY:

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/cache/

Happy pirating!

~ Cheysa

Oops I deleted the actual cache folder (didn't open it)..will that cause a problem? Lol

It shouldn't cause a problem.I have deleted many cashe folders and the game just magically puts a new cashe folder back in the game file. I play World of Tanks and I delete that cashe folder every so often.

Someone mentioned this on board the other day... thanks will definitely give it a go. Although my crashes seem quiet random, without rhyme or reason, sometimes one after another sometimes none for hours. Generally I've noticed the more people on Abassa the worse it gets... usually. lol

(Get the humour? - generally, usually, without reason, random - they cancel each other):D
:pirate ship:

Sombody told me to delete 'cache' files from this folder in order to avoid some crashes.. But the funny thing is : When you log in game and playing for a while this folder is getting full in trash again.. And it does not help in anything.. I used to be a developer in different games like GTA SA-MP and cache files never meant somthing special.. it just logs.. nothing hurt to our game that means even if you delete them or leaves them there they will appears again because it is your characters/game logs that has to be there .. Hope somone understood!

Sombody told me to delete 'cache' files from this folder in order to avoid some crashes.. But the funny thing is : When you log in game and playing for a while this folder is getting full in trash again.. And it does not help in anything.. I used to be a developer in different games like GTA SA-MP and cache files never meant somthing special.. it just logs.. nothing hurt to our game that means even if you delete them or leaves them there they will appears again because it is your characters/game logs that has to be there .. Hope somone understood!
What you say may be correct, but this thread was created because the developers made a new logo for the game. In order for players to see the new one, they had to clear their cache. :)

And to think how easily it can be coded for the cache to empty itself after every log out...

About as easy as it is to speak in a kind, uncondescending manner.

To be honest with you the crashes at the last time are very annoying and it makes everybody angry.. Those servers you use or the 'HOST' of the TLOPO engine is such a PAIN. I'm sorry to say that to you, in my opinion you have to close the servers/engine/host/game for couple weeks or month and re-connect with a new hoster that will handle all of your engines to avoid crashes and clear gaming experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest with you the crashes at the last time are very annoying and its makes everybody angry.. Those servers you use or the 'HOST' of the TLOPO engine is such a PAIN. I'm sorry to say that to you, in my opinion you have to close the servers/engine/host/game for couple weeks or month and re-connect with a new hoster that will handle all of your engines to avoid crashes and clear gaming experience.
I understand where you're coming from. I have a few points for you:

1. My reply to Crashalot was meant for him. It was not meant for anyone else.
2. Please avoid using profanity in your replies.
3. We have already upgraded the servers a few times as TLOPO has been growing. The developer team is working unpaid, during their free time, and with their own personal money. They are doing their best with the resources available.
4. The servers may not be the problem. Part of what the developer team has to do is unravel the code that Disney wrote. Anyone that has worked with it can tell you that it often does not make sense. It is far from "easy" to make things work properly. Regardless, the developer team still trudges on every day working toward their goal.
5. I know crashes are annoying. I've dealt with them myself. But as I'm dealing with them, I know that this game is not finished yet. I can't expect it to work perfectly. Also, I know that TLOPO's purpose right now is not to make players happy and give them a good experience. The purpose is to recreate a game. There will be bumps in the road while that happens. Along that same line of thought, the purpose of a player isn't to be happy. The purpose of a player is to help us test the game. You, as a player, volunteer to test just like we, as staff, volunteer to work on the game.

Recreating a game is an immense undertaking. Just because one isn't privy to all of the inside goings-on, doesn't mean the developers are going about things wrong. I'm sure every person here knows what it is like to work hard on something and receive major amounts of criticism and "helpful advice" from those who think they know how to do it better. -- Now, this is not to say that we dislike feedback. Exactly the opposite. We just humbly ask that it be given in a kind, respectful manner and delivered with our hard work so far in mind. Again, we spend our free time on this. We don't create crashes to torture players, nor do we avoid fixing them to torture.

Is it not enough that we have this game back again? Give everything time. A year ago the game was closed and didn't even have enemies. Players would have given anything at that time to have enemies despite having to deal with a few crashes while killing/sinking them.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Would you like to spend your personal hard-earned money on 100,000+ complete strangers when some of those strangers just keep criticizing your selfless project?

No one, not even myself, has any right to dictate and demand how the developer team spends their free time and money. Doing so is a far cry from offering helpful insight and input.

Last edited:
Back