Clothing Clothes Farming? Does anyone remember it?

Neilager

Buccaneer
The most vivid memory I have from POTCO back then was spending countless amounts of hours farming for black clothing.
I remember buying an outfit and being able to dye it completely black, then a patch came out and you couldn't buy COMPLETELY black clothing anymore; the only way to get them was to farm. (This also applies to very bright coloured clothing.) Sooo you had to farm (either on Padres Del Feugo or Raven's Cove-- I cant remember which one it's been so long, I'll make sure to add a note on it once I get in the game and look at all the island's again) forever just for some decent coloured clothing.
Is that still a thing?
Please keep in mind I've not been able to play the game yet, since I've only found out that the game is open to play and the server maintenance.
***EDIT: The clothes you would farm would be considered "brights." This included brightly coloured clothes as well as black clothes. Is farming them still a thing? And where would I farm them?

Last edited:
The item color glitch was possible before the game closed for maintenance, but it was never fully black. I'm not sure if it will work after the next release though.

The item color glitch was possible before the game closed for maintenance, but it was never fully black. I'm not sure if it will work after the next release though.
Item colour glitch?
There were clothes that were fully black; after a patch in the original game you couldnt buy black clothing, it was always off-black or more like a grey colour.
Maybe my explanation was off? I'll look for photos if there are any that still exist.

I found an example, I looked at your pirates and this one has a completely black shirt on; in the original there was a period of time where you could buy clothes that were that dark. After a patch you could no longer buy or spawn(from character creation) with that shade of clothing, you had to farm for it.
I might be a bit confused but I'm one hundred percent positive it was a thing.

I think you might just be a bit confused. There were dark black clothes before looting, that part you are definitely correct on. However, you could not buy them, you could only obtain them via a random drop from enemies. You could choose a dark grey option through the color wheel in clothing stores, however you were never able to buy bright or dark black clothes.

I think you might just be a bit confused. There were dark black clothes before looting, that part you are definitely correct on. However, you could not buy them, you could only obtain them via a random drop from enemies. You could choose a dark grey option through the color wheel in clothing stores, however you were never able to buy bright or dark black clothes.
I could have sworn at one point you could buy them, but I could just be confused like you said.
So are brights still a thing? I still want black clothing and maybe some other colours. It was one of the only things I did after I reached a certain level.

I could have sworn at one point you could buy them, but I could just be confused like you said.
So are brights still a thing? I still want black clothing and maybe some other colours. It was one of the only things I did after I reached a certain level.
Yes, of course brights are still a thing. They are still treasured by many pirates and are still hard to get even though most of them are crude. People mainly only loot for famed or legendary weapons and dark black/bright clothing.

Before you ask, yes, brights are still in TLOPO and were not removed when they remade the game.

Aye brights and dark black are still there. In TLOPO before the update you had to be level 20 before you could start finding any of them though. I'm not sure if it will be the same, post-update, but either way I'm sure you'll fine some!

Back