Discussion Club Penguin BE GONE

Pablo-Da-Captain

Swashbuckler
Ahoy mates! have ye herd? club penguin closing today? remember when good old POTCO closed because of club penguin? how perfect would it be to launch TLOPO on the closing of club penguin! i feel like a celebration should be in order. maybe a feature to add a pet penguin in memory of everyone's loss.

Ahoy mates! have ye herd? club penguin closing today? remember when good old POTCO closed because of club penguin? how perfect would it be to launch TLOPO on the closing of club penguin! i feel like a celebration should be in order. maybe a feature to add a pet penguin in memory of everyone's loss.
POTCO closed because Disney Interactive wanted to put more money toward Disney Infinity. They were being stupid. But it wasn't because of club penguin.

POTCO closed because Disney Interactive wanted to put more money toward Disney Infinity. They were being stupid. But it wasn't because of club penguin.
You be correct. However, they also wanted to hold onto CP as long as possible to not only generate further cash but to also justify their own decision in spending as much dough as they did in purchasing CP. As such, pretty much all other gaming efforts Disney had was left to fall to the wayside for at least because of CP's existence.

In retrospect, CP was the "spoil brat" of all Disney games until Disney Infinity came along and...just to keep everyone informed...to show how well Disney values both you and I even today they continually make the decision to push the knife :daggermouth: in our backs even further by incorporating a strong, pirate-y theme into Disney Infinity (in the past) and CP (currently). For more info. and proof of this, see the article below I am sharing along with it's "promotional art & video" for this new CP gaming model.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot stand Minecraft/CoD/others but I don't think I'd gain XP from the tears..... yikes

CP fans have organized a online petition and it will be interesting to see if their hope will be dashed (or not) given how the article I had posted above ^ claims that Disney is keeping things open for now pertinent to a possible desktop version of "CP Island."

To the ex-POTCO and TLOPO community: I have left comments to a few "CP Island" articles posted online and so if anyone feels that myself in doing so might jeopardize TLOPO, let me know via pm or on my profile and I will stop doing so. My intent in doing so is to hold Disney accountable, and for no other reason. Also, I am not mentioning TLOPO.

I hate Club Penguin and I'm glad that it's gone. The tears of the players give me strength.

I was so angry, distraught and shed tears when they closed POTC and opened up CP !!
I tried the game when it opened up and Never caught interest or liked it at all.
Oh I'm glad CP gone !!! Good going Disney!! hahaaaa !!!!!!!

:-3:hobbyhorse::party:

Had quite a tragedy when I went on CP the other day. Found I liked the minigames the day before the game closed. Would've been a fun thing to toy around with now and then had I not hated it.

I'm not saying it's wrong to dislike Club Penguin as we all have our own opinions, but those who say they're grateful that the Club Penguin fans got what they "deserved" is a bit out of hand and pretty disrespectful. If most of us were deeply saddened when POTCO closed, then you can darn right expect Club Penguin fans to feel the same way about their game closing. Just thought I'd point that out because I don't understand the point of these kind of comments. Not everything will last permanently.

i feel like a celebration should be in order. maybe a feature to add a pet penguin in memory of everyone's loss.

That's a cool and unique idea. I'm not sure if I'd personally want a penguin pet, but I'm sure some folks would.
Maybe seeing one on the seas while plundering would be fun, lol.
One penguin swimming off into the sunset. :p

I'm sad that it is gone, I didn't really play it a lot after I found pirates but it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's wrong to dislike Club Penguin as we all have our own opinions, but those who say they're grateful that the Club Penguin fans got what they "deserved" is a bit out of hand and pretty disrespectful. If most of us were deeply saddened when POTCO closed, then you can darn right expect Club Penguin fans to feel the same way about their game closing. Just thought I'd point that out because I don't understand the point of these kind of comments. Not everything will last permanently.
I agree, this is another community that has been torn apart, much like we were those years ago. I don't think it's right to laugh at them.

Back