.com or .co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom O'fury

Notorious Pirate
What is the point of this really? I mean it’s silly. A piratesforums.co and a piratesforums.co. The same set-up, the same kind of stuff going on. Both sites have members with extraordinary ideas and extraordinary people. I for one wish for this to end before it goes too far out. As we’ve all had the time to step back and look at the situation for a while. While divide the community of pirates online further than it already is? As I’ve always been one for the community never for one group of one particular view. I think it’s time this is resolved. Whatever happened between Davy and Treasurer is between them. It should stay that way. It should not affect those of us that enjoy coming together as pirates. All players with similar views. I think it’s time that this mess is resolved, by two grown men, two leaders, two idealists, two hard-head individuals. For the betterment of the community itself. With this new update coming soon. It will be another thing in which players can personalize their accounts. Make it more diverse. Although who are we gonna share with? The piratesforums.co or piratesforms.com. I for one don’t want to make that choice. I’d rather share it with both communities. As I did not (contrary to popular belief) take sides with either. I offered my help to both but only one needed it. As I had expected, but did want to stay neutral I sent to both. I call for this to be the end. Anyone else share my point of view?

um this has all been talked about alot on numerious threads
Yes I know. The time has passed where both of them can step back and look on the situation. I don't want to be apart of a piratesforums.co and pirates forums.co where they're both basically the same... I mean The Castle POF and PF all have something different but its like theres a PF and then it branches out into .com and .co. Which is pretty pointless. We all have our differences.. its how we handle them is what makes or breaks a person.

No, I'm sorry. I see no point of discussing this. This Forums NEVER meant to have another forums created, NEVER endorsed anyone to pick a side. The other forums was the one that decided to "make another forums". What was the point of the other forums to create another forums similar to this? You were right if you said there was no point.

In other words, we should stay away from Davy and Treasurer's business. That's why, this thread is pointless.

Well their the same for a reason. We had this site and added features and designs. Then a new site came along and slowly every single thing this site had somehow became apart of that site almost inch for inch.

No, I'm sorry. I see no point of discussing this. This Forums NEVER meant to have another forums created, NEVER endorsed anyone to pick a side. The other forums was the one that decided to "make another forums". What was the point of the other forums to create another forums similar to this? You were right if you said there was no point.

In other words, we should stay away from Davy and Treasurer's business. That's why, this thread is pointless.
Its not just Davy and Treasurer's Business.. it effected all of us.. It effected the whole course of this forums.. I was almost positive this was going to be the best.. now I'm sure its not.. I'm talking as they are a whole. As both people messed up. I'm not blaming any single person. They both messed up. They both can fix it. If not for themselves then for the rest of us that have to deal with it. I've lost friends over this.. it has definetly effected me. I know for a fact its affected others as well.

Well their the same for a reason. We had this site and added features and designs. Then a new site came along and slowly every single thing this site had somehow became apart of that site almost inch for inch.

It looks the same because of Xenforo.. not because of HTML coding.. If anything its just another Pirates themed Xenforo forums.. Thats how I see it. Correct me if you know something more of the program than I.

I saw the other site on the day it came out. And slowly the color's this site had became the colors of that site. The slogan of this site became the slogan of that site. The idea of albums we put onto this site became a part of that site. Even a fake account of me was added to that site.

It looks the same because of Xenforo.. not because of HTML coding.. If anything its just another Pirates themed Xenforo forums.. Thats how I see it. Correct me if you know something more of the program than I.
They run the same platform, and therefore share some features and basic layout. However, the style and colors used here were designed by me, and the theme itself is my property. The same goes with several other aspects of this forum, including the 'Recent Activity' sidebar, pirate directory, attachments in conversations, the ability to like and edit profile post comments, the welcome conversation, the list of recent polls, the ability for users to rename their own thread, the ability for Greeters to subscribe users to threads they create, and albums, among a few other things.

As a disclaimer, the albums deployed on the dot com are not the same ones that I coded, and I'm not claiming they are. (For the record though, he didn't code them either, it was a public addon for the platform which I opted not to use because I felt I could do it better).

Just posting a small list of things that I spent my own time coding.

It runs on the XenForo platform but has been customized quite a bit.

Again (again), nobody has to choose, but anybody is welcome to use one or the other. It's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back