Common TLOPO Errors Explained

Cheysa Finn

Pirate Lord
Ahoy Everyone!

Below are some errors that pop up frequently on TLOPO and its launcher. I'd like to explain each one so that it's easier to know what the error is trying to tell you, and how to resolve it if possible.

~~~~~

501: Incorrect username and/or password.

incorrectuserpw.png

Your username and password are what you set them to be. We do not have the ability to alter them. If this error pops up, it is because you typed something wrong. Keep in mind that both are case sensitive.

~~~~~

Your internet connection to the servers has been unexpectedly broken.

connectionbroken.png

This means that your internet connection was either broken or became very weak. If this pops up for you, it isn't something TLOPO can help you fix - it's between you and your internet service provider.

~~~~~

The server appears to be temporarily unavailable, still trying...

servertempunavailable.png

This pops up because the game is taking an unusually long amount of time to connect to the game server. Don't press anything; just let it continue trying. It should connect after a little bit.

~~~~~

No Districts are available. Try again?

nodistricts.png

This means the district is down - maybe for an imminent update, or because something is wrong. Try to log in again. If it persists, check this thread to check TLOPO's status: https://piratesforums.co/link-forums/tlopo-web-game-server-status.112/. If the latest post indicates that everything should be up and running, then report the error in this thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/megathread-account-log-in-issues.12353/. TLOPO staff will investigate as soon as possible.

~~~~~

The district you were playing on has been reset. Everyone who was playing on that district has been disconnected. However, you should be able to connect again and go right back into the game.

districtreset.png

This one is exactly what it sounds like. You should be able to log back in right away with no issues.

~~~~~

You have been disconnected because someone else just logged in using your account on another computer.

someoneelseloggedin.png

Exactly what it sounds like. Assuming you haven't voluntarily shared your log-in info with someone else, I would strongly suggest changing your password immediately.

~~~~~

904: Couldn't extract archive: phase_2.mf.bz2

capture-png.69777

Go into the TLOPO folder and delete the ".bz2" version of the file that is causing the problem. (Example: "phase_2.mf.bz2") After you've deleted that file, close the launcher then open it and start the update process again. If that does not work, take a look at this thread and attempt the same process manually.

~~~~~

There has been an unexpected problem logging you in. Please contact customer support.

unexpectedproblemcontact.png

This is normally caused by a random "hiccup". Try logging in again. If the error persists, send an email to support@tlopo.com with details of what happened. Include the crash log if one was saved to your computer under TLOPO > logs. Also include a screenshot of the black dialog box if possible.

~~~~~

The Legend of Pirates Online has gone down for an update.

ZIKbVrV.png

Self-explanatory. The game will be back up as soon as the update is finished.

~~~~~

An unexpected problem has occurred (error code 166). Your connection has been lost, but you should be able to connect and go right back into the game.

unexpectedproblem.png

This is normally caused by a random "hiccup". Try logging in again. If the error persists, send an email to support@tlopo.com with details of what happened. Include the crash log if one was saved to your computer under TLOPO > logs. Also include a screenshot of the black dialog box if possible.

~~~~~

tlopo.exe has stopped working | Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

stoppedworking.png

This means Windows forced the game to close as opposed to the game crashing itself. This most often happens because your computer didn't have enough memory to continue running the game. For more information, check here.

~~~~~

You were kicked by a Moderator. Behave next time!

kickedbymodbehave.png

This means you were manually kicked from the game by a moderator for breaking the rules in some manner. I'd suggest reviewing your behavior to make sure it follows the rules, then log back in at any time.

~~~~~

Could not connect to gameserver-qu-1.tlopo.com:7969. Try again?

lFL3t8o.png

Sometimes this error is server wide; other times only a handful of players encounter it. First try running the game as Admin on your computer. If that does not work and the error persists, check this thread to check TLOPO's status: https://piratesforums.co/link-forums/tlopo-web-game-server-status.112/. If the latest post indicates that everything should be up and running, then report the error in this thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/megathread-account-log-in-issues.12353/. TLOPO staff will investigate as soon as possible.

~~~~~

Your installed files are out of date. Please launch the game from the official launcher so that it can install updates. If you continue to get this error, contact support.

mirUSdS.png

Self-explanatory. Use this link to update launcher files: https://tlopo.com/play/?update=1.

~~~~~

509: Your PlayTime begins in 14 minutes, 25 seconds.

z6a2HCM.png

This is telling you that your PlayTime hasn't begun yet. Come back after the countdown has expired.

~~~~~

509: You need to upgrade your account with an Alpha Key or reserve a PlayTime slot to play.

0QBSKWy.png

In order to log into the game, you need an Alpha Key or a reserved PlayTime. This error tells you that you don't have either one. Check this thread for Alpha Key info: https://piratesforums.co/threads/alpha-key-101.11264/. Check this thread for PlayTime info: https://piratesforums.co/threads/playtimes-q-a.12359/.

~~~~~

I hope this info is helpful! Let me know if I missed any other common errors.

~ Cheysa

Last edited:
5610458202.png
Are you telling me my internet is weak? lol. I get "The server appears to be temporarily unavailable, still trying..." and then "Your internet connection to the servers has been unexpectedly broken." after I wait.

5610458202.png
Are you telling me my internet is weak? lol. I get "The server appears to be temporarily unavailable, still trying..." and then "Your internet connection to the servers has been unexpectedly broken." after I wait.
This is more of a general answer for those who might stumble upon it. I think the issue most are experiencing now is due to a bug when creating new pirates.

The team is aware and will have it fixed as soon as possible. :)

5610458202.png
This thread was written prior to this latest issue coming about. As Bobby said, it is a general guideline so players have an idea of what the errors mean. Prior to this current issue, all information in this thread was correct, and it will be again after the issue is fixed.

I'm doing my best to inform the community of several things, including errors and what they mean. Bugs and glitches will always pop up and test our knowledge. Because of that, we take this one day at a time. We ask you do the same and be patient with us. Thank you.

Can you include the text title as well as the image? It'll help people that can't load images or use screen readers.

ALSO, for the "cannot extract" issue, deleting the archive file and redownloading until the last one is obtained is how to fix this.

Chris

Can you include the text title as well as the image? It'll help people that can't load images or use screen readers.

ALSO, for the "cannot extract" issue, deleting the archive file and redownloading until the last one is obtained is how to fix this.

Chris
Your suggestions have been added. Thank you!

5610458202.png
I have the same issue on my older laptop. However my new laptop can run it just fine.
My brother's old laptop is almost exactly the same as my old one and can run it alright, but his has a basic AMD graphics card while mine is Integrated Graphics. Also note that I've been able to run TLOPO on it in the past on reduced graphics.

I'm not sure if I'm asking for a resolution or just contributing data lol, do whatever you will with this info. Sorry for the information flood.

Ahoy Everyone!

Below are some errors that pop up frequently on TLOPO and its launcher. I'd like to explain each one so that it's easier to know what the error is trying to tell you, and how to resolve it if possible.

~~~~~

501: Incorrect username and/or password.

View attachment 71037
Your username and password are what you set them to be. We do not have the ability to alter them. If this error pops up, it is because you typed something wrong. Keep in mind that both are case sensitive.

~~~~~

Your internet connection to the servers has been unexpectedly broken.

View attachment 71038
This means that your internet connection was either broken or became very weak. If this pops up for you, it isn't something TLOPO can help you fix - it's between you and your internet service provider.

~~~~~

The server appears to be temporarily unavailable, still trying...

View attachment 71039
This pops up because the game is taking an unusually long amount of time to connect to the game server. Don't press anything; just let it continue trying. It should connect after a little bit.

~~~~~

No Districts are available. Try again?

View attachment 71040
This means the district is down - maybe for an imminent update, or because something is wrong. Try to log in again. If it persists, check this thread to check TLOPO's status: https://piratesforums.co/link-forums/tlopo-web-game-server-status.112/. If the latest post indicates that everything should be up and running, then report the error in this thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/megathread-account-log-in-issues.12353/. TLOPO staff will investigate as soon as possible.

~~~~~

The district you were playing on has been reset. Everyone who was playing on that district has been disconnected. However, you should be able to connect again and go right back into the game.

View attachment 71041
This one is exactly what it sounds like. You should be able to log back in right away with no issues.

~~~~~

You have been disconnected because someone else just logged in using your account on another computer.

View attachment 71042
Exactly what it sounds like. Assuming you haven't voluntarily shared your log-in info with someone else, I would strongly suggest changing your password immediately.

~~~~~

904: Couldn't extract archive: phase_2.mf.bz2

capture-png.69777

Go into the TLOPO folder and delete the ".bz2" version of the file that is causing the problem. (Example: "phase_2.mf.bz2") After you've deleted that file, close the launcher then open it and start the update process again. If that does not work, take a look at this thread and attempt the same process manually.

~~~~~

There has been an unexpected problem logging you in. Please contact customer support.

View attachment 71043

~~~~~

The Legend of Pirates Online has gone down for an update.

ZIKbVrV.png

Self-explanatory. The game will be back up as soon as the update is finished.

~~~~~

An unexpected problem has occurred (error code 166). Your connection has been lost, but you should be able to connect and go right back into the game.

View attachment 71044

~~~~~

tlopo.exe has stopped working | Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

View attachment 71045
This means Windows forced the game to close as opposed to the game crashing itself. This most often happens because your computer didn't have enough memory to continue running the game. For more information, check here.

~~~~~

You were kicked by a Moderator. Behave next time!

View attachment 71046
This means you were manually kicked from the game by a moderator for breaking the rules in some manner. I'd suggest reviewing your behavior to make sure it follows the rules, then log back in at any time.

~~~~~

Could not connect to gameserver-qu-1.tlopo.com:7969. Try again?

lFL3t8o.png

Sometimes this error is server wide; other times only a handful of players encounter it. First try running the game as Admin on your computer. If that does not work and the error persists, check this thread to check TLOPO's status: https://piratesforums.co/link-forums/tlopo-web-game-server-status.112/. If the latest post indicates that everything should be up and running, then report the error in this thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/megathread-account-log-in-issues.12353/. TLOPO staff will investigate as soon as possible.

~~~~~

Your installed files are out of date. Please launch the game from the official launcher so that it can install updates. If you continue to get this error, contact support.

mirUSdS.png

Self-explanatory. Use this link to update launcher files: https://tlopo.com/play/?update=1.

~~~~~

509: Your PlayTime begins in 14 minutes, 25 seconds.

z6a2HCM.png

This is telling you that your PlayTime hasn't begun yet. Come back after the countdown has expired.

~~~~~

509: You need to upgrade your account with an Alpha Key or reserve a PlayTime slot to play.

0QBSKWy.png

In order to log into the game, you need an Alpha Key or a reserved PlayTime. This error tells you that you don't have either one. Check this thread for Alpha Key info: https://piratesforums.co/threads/alpha-key-101.11264/. Check this thread for PlayTime info: https://piratesforums.co/threads/playtimes-q-a.12359/.

~~~~~

I hope this info is helpful! Let me know if I missed any other common errors.

~ Cheysa
Thank you for this Cheysa..

Id like to say I had to make a new account because of the incorrect info error. And i know i wasnt typing it incorrectly, i was able to log into the website with the same info and i even copy pasted it into the launcher as well as changed my password. I was also unable to reserve playtimes as they would randomly cancel themselves

Guys I'm getting the Installed files out of date I go to the link then click download for windows then this pops up what does that mean?
Bug.png

I'm getting the "update your browser" message and I successfully downloaded the launcher just now, but I'm getting the same message. Is this just on my end or the whole server's?

Back