Content Spotlight Discussion: Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna throw this out there: people were also upset about the copperhead change, I think it's important to go open into this with an open mind. This change could be a good thing.

As far as I'm concerned, non sf / patron legendaries should only be tradeable for another unique legendary. Legendary duplicates should also not be tradeable to expand your collection (eg: can't trade your second JSB). With clothes, I think trading is even more welcome, since looting all the garb you might want can be very time consuming and even then, you may not get items you want. Not sure if there are drop rates for clothes, but for cross gender trading, there should just be an equivalency system (obviously your male pirate isn't gonna wear a corset, so that corset turns into an embellished vest or something similar, with the same color applied to the item) Beyond that, I don't see any extra caveats that pop into my head. If players wish to gift non legendary items to each other I think it should be allowed.

Just gonna throw this out there: people were also upset about the copperhead change, I think it's important to go open into this with an open mind. This change could be a good thing.

As far as I'm concerned, non sf / patron legendaries should only be tradeable for another unique legendary. Legendary duplicates should also not be tradeable to expand your collection (eg: can't trade your second JSB). With clothes, I think trading is even more welcome, since looting all the garb you might want can be very time consuming and even then, you may not get items you want. Not sure if there are drop rates for clothes, but for cross gender trading, there should just be an equivalency system (obviously your male pirate isn't gonna wear a corset, so that corset turns into an embellished vest or something similar, with the same color applied to the item) Beyond that, I don't see any extra caveats that pop into my head. If players wish to gift non legendary items to each other I think it should be allowed.

What about the high chance of someone finding out a way to do trade duplication glitches which would make legendaries worthless

I don't think there is anyway to add trading without upsetting an incredibly large amount of people. I'm not excited about this :/
Thanks for the feedback. Why would this make a lot of people upset? I'm assuming because there are concerns over items becoming common?

If so, this is where the suggestions for requirements or checks comes in.

I wouldn't want to trade Legendaries or Famed weapons. I would put a limit on how much you can trade though if materials were allowed because then the purpose of Mat runs would be ruined. I wouldn't trade potions either because there are some missions that provide you to brew potions and that would ruin the purpose of actually playing the game. Any trading that affects quests shouldn't be allowed. I believe the game would have less players afterwards because they finished accomplishing the missions and wouldn't care for looting bosses for legendaries or famed. Hopefully there won't be any glitches or bugs though with trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back