Content Spotlight Discussion: Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive companies even get hacked, I think 2 factor authentication won't stop everyone if they really wanted to. Old hackers of the POTCO projects have even mentioned that it's not enough to stop them, they've just lost interest in messing with people. If they see this as something better to mess with people, they might gain interest again. Not to mention 2 step can be a pain for some players and a friend has even gotten locked out of their account for 2 days because of it bugging out.

Perhaps an item limit? As an example, I almost have everything I want but there are a few pesky items that I've been trying to get for months with no luck. Capping your traded item ownership to, say, 7-10 would enable you to get those few items you're missing while still requiring work to fill out an inventory.
By an item limit, do you mean you can only do a certain amount of trades per pirate or something? I'm not sure if putting a limit like that would be the best idea. Otherwise, the most fun part of this game in my opinion is those days when you finally get something you want off your list. A while back, I went a 50-day streak with no legendaries and finally got one and that single day felt so euphoric that I didn't even mind how long it took anymore. That's the fun of TLOPO.

In another game I used to play, Free Realms specifically, to prevent people from being scammed, they implemented a box asking, "Are you sure you want to trade?" after both players had hit the accept/yes button to prevent items from being removed in the trade boxes last second. The items are locked in place so the players trading can see what is being traded when they have both hit yes/accept. If a player was being scammed, they would see nothing and hit no on the prevention box.

By an item limit, do you mean you can only do a certain amount of trades per pirate or something? I'm not sure if putting a limit like that would be the best idea. Otherwise, the most fun part of this game in my opinion is those days when you finally get something you want off your list. A while back, I went a 50-day streak with no legendaries and finally got one and that single day felt so euphoric that I didn't even mind how long it took anymore. That's the fun of TLOPO.
I meant like at any given time, you can only own 7 items you traded for. So for example, you can own a few sailing charts, maybe a few clothing items and that's it. If you want to get something different then you'd have to give back or otherwise get rid of one of your traded items.

This is still under the assumption trading legendary items are in a category of their own.

I meant like at any given time, you can only own 7 items you traded for. So for example, you can own a few sailing charts, maybe a few clothing items and that's it. If you want to get something different then you'd have to give back or otherwise get rid of one of your traded items.

This is still under the assumption trading legendary items are in a category of their own.
That could result in another dilemma. That would mean weapons would constantly be being forwarded to pirates hot potato style due to the limit. If something like The Ruby Curse gets caught in this, so many pirates would have tried it that it wouldn't mean nearly as much to be a permanent owner of it anymore.

That could result in another dilemma. That would mean weapons would constantly be being forwarded to pirates hot potato style due to the limit. If something like The Ruby Curse gets caught in this, so many pirates would have tried it that it wouldn't mean nearly as much to be a permanent owner of it anymore.
That was the part about legendary weapons being their own category, this is for everything else

That was the part about legendary weapons being their own category, this is for everything else
Oh, my bad, kinda lost track of our debate there. Either way, there are even famed weapons that are considered very valuable due to not being looted often such as the Brigadier's Bayonet. Having one of these get caught in that would be the same effect.

@John Macbatten @Stephen Teague

Hi, there Trading? After all, those threads in years finally is coming to TLOPO? Well, it will KILL the game if is added in the wrong way.
I have to admit I feel surprised, but also a bit disappointed that you don't take the community comments, warnings, seriously since you want ''Feedback''.

Trading can help the game if it used for:

1. Clothing ( Bright and Dark Black. )
bones, moonstones and ship materials ( a lot of people will appreciate that :) )

but no weapons, no it will kill the hype to grind for something that you can buy with gold for example: ( Lost Blade of Leviathan for 10000 gold crazy right? ).

take a note what @Charles Warmonk and @Beggar said those 2 are real proof that with hard work you can achieve the impossible.

if you add TRADING in the wrong way say goodbye to TLOPO player interest.

If trading between players includes weapons I think

You can only trade things of equal value ex. LC for LC, Legend for Legend, Famed for Famed etc.

To receive any item you must have: already met the weapon level requirement ec. cannot receive item with a requirement of level 30 sword, with a sword level of 29.

ANYTHING cursed you must have completed Raven's Cove

Code Items not tradeable

While I would just prefer a "shared bank" allowing a player to trade with their other characters on the same account (ive made a post) https://piratesforums.co/threads/shared-bank.27755/

Im not opposed if added correctly

So, this is the latest sugar rush for the game eh?
Instead of trading, just allow the weapons merchants to sell any and all weapons, and so on, at appropriate prices and be done with it.
The game is waning in popularity for a reason, and it aint a lack of trading killing it.
Trading will be a "thing" for a month or two. Then what?
Content makes the game, and TLOPO comes up lacking.
Maybe next month the devs can implement a "clothing optional" update...

Everything should be able to be traded but there needs to be level requirements like if you want to trade a common bright or rare you can't trade it to a level 1-5 or more since I believe you can't get rare or common brights at level 1-5 I could be wrong though. If you want someone to trade you a cursed blade then you'll need to first finish the raven's cove quest. I think a confirmation window should pop up and it maybe could give you a value rate so you don't get cheated out of good items ( this is mostly for newer players who don't know which items are most valuable and are trading early on ).

@John Macbatten @Stephen Teague

Hi, there Trading? After all, those threads in years finally is coming to TLOPO? Well, it will KILL the game if is added in the wrong way.
I have to admit I feel surprised, but also a bit disappointed that you don't take the community comments, warnings, seriously since you want ''Feedback''.

Trading can help the game if it used for:

1. Clothing ( Bright and Dark Black. )
bones, moonstones and ship materials ( a lot of people will appreciate that :) )

but no weapons, no it will kill the hype to grind for something that you can buy with gold for example: ( Lost Blade of Leviathan for 10000 gold crazy right? ).

take a note what @Charles Warmonk and @Beggar said those 2 are real proof that with hard work you can achieve the impossible.

if you add TRADING in the wrong way say goodbye to TLOPO player interest.
Please read my past comments on ideas we have considered.

I honestly agree with him considering trading "Legendaries" would cause a MASS loss to this community specifically from the looters aspect. Many of which are people I consider close friends which Im not really fond of losing them over this specific topic..

I honestly agree with him considering trading "Legendaries" would cause a MASS loss to this community specifically from the looters aspect. Many of which are people I consider close friends which Im not really fond of losing them over this specific topic..
Why would it cause a mass loss? You still have to trade something of value to get another legendary. The developers could even stop players from getting items for nothing in return so that way one friend won't just give another friend a legendary for free.

Well considering that most people don't think it is a good idea or even want it in tlopo (specifically the ability to trade a legendary) if they add it I do believe it will cause a mass loss in the looter community of the game.. Which I as I mentioned in my last comment here im not to fond of losing friends over the adding of something like "trading" which there has been several threads about in the past. Which a mass majority of the people whom replied to said threads have said something along the lines of not wanting it.. Then again as Beggar stated in the other thread "The majority is often wrong. A game designed purely by popular vote on its most crucial design choices would suck."
Maybe they got a plan of action on this we don't know about. Which I surely hope they do.

Well considering that most people don't think it is a good idea or even want it in tlopo (specifically the ability to trade a legendary) if they add it I do believe it will cause a mass loss in the looter community of the game.. Which I as I mentioned in my last comment here im not to fond of losing friends over the adding of something like "trading" which there has been several threads about in the past. Which a mass majority of the people whom replied to said threads have said something along the lines of not wanting it.. Then again as Beggar stated in the other thread "The majority is often wrong. A game designed purely by popular vote on its most crucial design choices would suck."
Maybe they got a plan of action on this we don't know about. Which I surely hope they do.
I didn't know you knew most of the players but ok. I doubt they would even make trading if most players didn't want it but I guess it's possible since they did change the copperhead and I doubt most players wanted that. I just wonder if what beggar said was because he doesn't want trading and just simply disagreed with the popular vote and I agree the popular vote could be wrong but let's see what the developers come up with before shooting down the trading idea.

What I don't get are the people saying to either make legendaries not tradable, or weapons as a whole. Weapons not being traded is like 90% of the reason why people want trading implemented. Saying to not make them tradable would defeat a lot of the practical purpose for this feature. Everything should be tradable. The community will come up with pricing accordingly. Just like in any other MMO.
I don't want it to just be like any other MMO. I want having a legendary to mean only one thing: you earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back