Content Spotlight Discussion: Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think people don't already buy accounts? It is heavily discouraged already by the staff and others. I'm talking about an in-game economy. If I'm misinterpreting this, then sorry, but I keep hearing this argument haha.
Welp, I don't already do that in TLOPO, but I do make good money on Steam and other games.
I would certainly be willing to "improve" my lot in TLOPO tho.

Um so how many threads have been posted about this on Forums? I honestly don't remember ever seeing a group saying they were for it maybe like 5 - 20 people?? Yet the mast majority really doesn't want nor like the idea of it being added. Yet it still is being added? I entirely disagree with it being added for legendries or even famed for that matter!
For one thing, this isn't like other trade threads. At all.
Again, the OP is NOT asking for opinions whether trading should or should not be added. Read the first two posts of this thread then come back and give ideas about trading itself.

Now there you have plenty of threads about trading that discuss this. Just not THIS thread. Stop going off topic.
LOL, calm down bro.
Those that figure it out figure it out, those that don't don't.
Nothing changes the inevitability of the topic at hand.

However, as a counter to my own thoughts on legend-exclusionary trading, legendaries in my end are sort of the "chapter-finishing" end goal. For instance, I once set a goal to get a legendary cutlass from a boss which ended when I found Yore. However, the thing which mainly keeps you in the game are obtaining smaller sort of "sidequest" items like famed and brights you're after. My constant Darkhart and Twins grinding would be a lot more boring if there was nothing to benefit from aside from the grand prize. What I'm saying is, putting in trading could put a tamper on this and make the legendary grind much less appealing.
Trading will not be mandatory, so people who don't want to trade won't.

The way I see it, as in life, one must always learn to adapt.
Ya gotta break some eggs to make lemonade, or whatever that saying is.
Look at this change as an exciting feature that may well open new horizons in-game.
While it's not really a new content feature (boy do we need those...), it's certainly a change, for better or worse.
Time will tell.
Feel free to message me if you need more words of encouragement or help with any other aspects of life in general, as well as tips and tricks, hacks, hobbies, etc.
Savor it!

There are so many level 50's, possibly hundreds, that plans and spends their time looting for Legendaries. Its not selfish that we don't want other people getting legendaries without even trying, its just not fair. People will brag about having legendaries when they haven't even tried putting effort and making others upset, and yes, people like that actually exist. After you max out your level and complete all the missions, all you could do is either loot or participate in events, but everyone would rather loot because looting is actually fun. If you don't spend hours, days, even weeks searching for legendaries, you should not get one easily from trading. I said in my post yesterday that Legendaries and Famed should not be traded. However, if you want to trade it with your alts then I guess that's fine since the same person went through that process. But if Legendaries legit become tradeable, I'm either going to be on the game less or just quit, because like I said, its not fair.
Well life in general isn't fair and do you honestly believe most players will give other players legendaries out like candy because that's not really going to happen. Some DO put effort into looting many hours and get tired of getting the same stuff so why not trade one of your duplicates for something else that you really want you still have to loot to trade items. There will always be people who want to trade and there will always be people who don't but honestly quitting because there's trading especially trading legendaries is a little extreme to me. There are other things players do not just looting, for example there's pvp, svs, and even hanging out.

Bruh every single thing on this thread is a matter of opinion. Yes, it's our opinion that trading is gonna suck. I plead guilty.
Bruh not really going to suck for the majority of players. I also doubt you'll quit, maybe you'll take a break but then come back, also I noticed on one of your other comments you said something about avid players and how they'll quit, so be it it's not like the staff has to kneel and kiss their feet and forget about the other players.

You still have to loot for items to trade for other items. I guess I sound like a broken record.
Even if just rental, having all the weapons so readily available for everyone is gonna make the game a lot less interesting. Part of the fun of this game is looting things yourself and knowing you have an edge over some others due to your hard work.

Bruh not really going to suck for the majority of players. I also doubt you'll quit, maybe you'll take a break but then come back, also I noticed on one of your other comments you said something about avid players and how they'll quit, so be it it's not like the staff has to kneel and kiss their feet and forget about the other players.
Wouldn't you say it's in the staff's best interests to retain the interest of its own playerbase? Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but I have a feeling that angering and alienating many of this game's most involved and active players isn't a very smart strategy for making that happen. Obviously TLOPO disagrees.

Even if just rental, having all the weapons so readily available for everyone is gonna make the game a lot less interesting. Part of the fun of this game is looting things yourself and knowing you have an edge over some others due to your hard work.
Well then maybe they could give you a special badge for your hard work or something.

Wouldn't you say it's in the staff's best interests to retain the interest of its own playerbase? Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but I have a feeling that angering and alienating many of this game's most involved and active players isn't a very smart strategy for making that happen. Obviously TLOPO disagrees.
Yes but the playerbase consists of many different players with different opinions so in the end not everyone will be happy it's basically like real life.

Everything should be able to be traded but there needs to be level requirements like if you want to trade a common bright or rare you can't trade it to a level 1-5 or more since I believe you can't get rare or common brights at level 1-5 I could be wrong though. If you want someone to trade you a cursed blade then you'll need to first finish the raven's cove quest. I think a confirmation window should pop up and it maybe could give you a value rate so you don't get cheated out of good items ( this is mostly for newer players who don't know which items are most valuable and are trading early on ).
That is mostly redundant. Don't punish people for wanting trade. Items already have a in game limitation of use, no need to reinvent anything. Anyone should be able to trade or buy anything. The game already dictates what you can use when. Let the market dictate the value and let the already in game features take care of item use limit. I think an auction system can coexist right with trading, like in a hundred other games. Trading is coming as the staff has announced, guess we'll see what it flushes out as it matures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back