Contest: Best Screenshot Of The Month

here is a real funny one small spania standoff

screenshot_2010-11-20_22-44-26.jpg

screenshot_2010-11-25_21-36-02.jpg
Introducing, the strongest Pirate of them all!! ???

Say hello to Captain Skinny, lol
EDIT (Nov 26, 2010 2:56 AM):
Wow! Thank you Igor for sharing your story. Perhaps we should all get together & load up with all our grenades, rent out some fishing boats. We can make a few crews. Everyone thats in your crew can TP to anyone on thier friends list & get on the fishing boat. A few of us will rent out the fishing boat & make the crews. If we get enough boats out there when the fleet launches, lets see if we can really sink the entire fleet with fishing boats. Perhaps sombody can record a video as we do it. What ya think Mates? Ha harrrrr!

John what are you game settings whenever I play it never looks that nice.

Hi Will, My game settings are on custom @ 1680x1050 for full screen. I also use the directX 9 setting. I was using Open GL for the longest time with the same resolution,but it was giving me a DirectX runtime routine error. I also think the reason for this error is cuz the game is only fully compatable with all versions of Win XP, & I installed Win 7 64bit on my PC. The other possibility is I think the PC download at the Disney main page may have been corrupt.
I also have 2 very high end GPU's working together in SLI mode. Graphics generation & game performance is doubled in this mode, & generation lag is cut in half. Depending on your configuration, your PC may not be able to handle these settings. You can try 1680x1050 with different settings. Start with custom & if you get bad results bring it down to high, & then lower it step by step if you have to. be sure to save the settings each time. If 1680x1050 is a problem, then try 1024x768. you may have to try different settings to get the best results. It all depends.
I hope this helps. let me know if you wish.
EDIT (Nov 27, 2010 4:14 PM):
Love them! ;D lol

Thank you Meg for going on the adventure with me. Only true Pirate Lords know the secrets of the Black Pearl. :)
EDIT (Nov 27, 2010 4:33 PM):
Here's a screenshot using open GL, 1680x1050
screenshot_2010-11-27_11-30-28.jpg

Actually I ment in potco when you go to game options what your settings are.
EDIT (Nov 27, 2010 10:38 PM):
Hi Will, My game settings are on custom @ 1680x1050 for full screen. I also use the directX 9 setting. I was using Open GL for the longest time with the same resolution,but it was giving me a DirectX runtime routine error. I also think the reason for this error is cuz the game is only fully compatable with all versions of Win XP, & I installed Win 7 64bit on my PC. The other possibility is I think the PC download at the Disney main page may have been corrupt.
I also have 2 very high end GPU's working together in SLI mode. Graphics generation & game performance is doubled in this mode, & generation lag is cut in half. Depending on your configuration, your PC may not be able to handle these settings. You can try 1680x1050 with different settings. Start with custom & if you get bad results bring it down to high, & then lower it step by step if you have to. be sure to save the settings each time. If 1680x1050 is a problem, then try 1024x768. you may have to try different settings to get the best results. It all depends.
I hope this helps. let me know if you wish.
EDIT (Nov 27, 2010 4:14 PM):

Thank you Meg for going on the adventure with me. Only true Pirate Lords know the secrets of the Black Pearl. :)
EDIT (Nov 27, 2010 4:33 PM):
Here's a screenshot using open GL, 1680x1050View attachment 955

I think we can fit you onto that stick. Lol I wish I had a tiny pirate I would call him Monstrous Will

I think we can fit you onto that stick. Lol I wish I had a tiny pirate I would call him Monstrous Will[/quote

Hey Will, You probably could fit me on that stick, but I think you will find me to be alot of TROUBLE! lol.
EDIT (Nov 28, 2010 2:06 AM):
Will;
Those are my in game settings.

Heres 2 more pics.
Potco's most wanted
jail.jpg

This is Vietnam all over again
Funny2.jpg

The end of the month is coming and I'm gonna pick winners soon so if you have another pic post it now.

Liz is not feeling so well...
Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 08.59.40.png

Eww...
Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 08.53.03.png

Will !
Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 15.43.44.png

Hey,noob !
Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 15.49.01.png

WoW !
Screen shot 2010-11-21 at 13.44.56.png

Zeus was mad at me .... ;(
Screen shot 2010-11-21 at 13.03.39.png

Miss Swann !
Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 13.41.53.png

Sorry Nell !
Screen shot 2010-11-13 at 11.48.27.png

Now you need to be unlimited access to get out of jail... Great, I'm basic.
Screen shot 2010-11-14 at 09.33.31.png

And... I hate when people throw dirt at me !! @#%*/~`!#
Screen shot 2010-11-21 at 12.40.27.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 09.31.21.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 09.31.21.png
    276.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 09.32.04.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 09.32.04.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 09.33.07.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-28 at 09.33.07.png
    402.2 KB · Views: 99

Will, when I set my game settings on high it does that but I also mess the with custom graphics within the game:

Game Options.jpg

Usually, I have it set to medium every which way I go but with the highest settings for everything it makes it very, very detailed. It also makes it very slow. Well, not that bad but just enough to get aggravating. I'm not sure if it's affected by this but I play off my laptop that has blu-ray capacity as well. I'm sure the pc/laptop itself can affect the quality of the picture. Anyhow, maybe give that a try and see how your pictures turn out?

screenshot_2010-11-28_12-45-10.jpg
lost_little_fairy;

Nice idea to post that pic, I guess I'll post mine too. Notice how none of the boxes on the bottom settings are checked. Checking those starts slowing things down & making game play look segmented for me. It all depends on the entire configuration of the PC or Laptop. With these settings I use the open GL option that you find when you click on the graphics options tab on the bottom of the login screen,near the help tab. There a 3 options, open GL, DirectX8 & 9. You may need to try all the options here & different settings to get the best results for the PC or Laptop being used.

View attachment 1014 lost_little_fairy;
Nice idea to post that pic, I guess I'll post mine too. Notice how none of the boxes on the bottom settings are checked. Checking those starts slowing things down & making game play look segmented for me. It all depends on the entire configuration of the PC or Laptop. With these settings I use the open GL option that you find when you click on the graphics options tab on the bottom of the login screen,near the help tab. There a 3 options, open GL, DirectX8 & 9. You may need to try all the options here & different settings to get the best results for the PC or Laptop being used.

Wow, thanks for the tip on the boxes! I never really paid much attention to what each thing was (not that I completely understand it) but I've noticed a lag here and there from time to time although I can never tell if it's the server or me. I will definitely have to give that a try.

The lag we get depends on everything too. I have a great PC Configuration. I've been building them for 17 years, & have Road Runner full broadband. It's still not the best connection available for online gameing. Dont get me wrong,it's a great connection,but just not the best there is. I'm doing my homework on that & don't know if I can afford better than full broadband. It depends on the upload & download speeds & transfer rates. There is even a higer full broadband service with higer speeds. Being able to afford it is the answer. I also don't think the servers we link to aren't that great. It's even more horrible during an invasion, I'm sure we've all noticed how bad that is.

Great info John, thanks for sharing. I always learn a lot from your posts. :piratemickey:

Charlotte;
Thank you very much. I try to help out when ever I can. People may not understand what I'm talking about, but I try to explain it the best way I can.
EDIT (Nov 29, 2010 6:41 AM):
screenshot_2010-11-29_01-34-58.jpg
screenshot_2010-11-29_01-34-58.jpg

In this poker pic, It's like the song say's, "You got to know when to hold em,know when to fold em,know when to walk away,know when to RUN!!! lol

OK I'm making a new rule:No More Than 5 Pics From Each Person a month let's give other people a chance.Ps be sure to post unique pictures not just you using an emote.

Back