Continuously can't connect?

EquiMaddie

Dockworker
Hey guys! I'm new here and having some issues. I recently joined the game and I've had no problems playing at home, however I have brought my laptop to university where I have tried to play the game on the wifi and it won't let me connect and instead shows a message which I will post a photo of below. It lets me log in using the launcher, brings up a loading screen and once that has finished it says 'Connecting...' however, after this part it comes up with the message. I've noticed it only does this on the wifi, if I use my hotspot I can log in however its impractical and the signal in my room is awful. Any ideas how to work around this?
cant conenct.PNG

It's likely your university is only allowing certain services through their firewall. The port TLOPO's login servers use, 7969, is not a commonly used port, and thus is likely blocked.

You could try using a VPN to circumvent this, but given the above, it's also likely that common VPN ports may also be blocked.

It's likely your university is only allowing certain services through their firewall. The port TLOPO's login servers use, 7969, is not a commonly used port, and thus is likely blocked.

You could try using a VPN to circumvent this, but given the above, it's also likely that common VPN ports may also be blocked.
I was told by the IT service team at my uni that nothing is blocked on the wifi however they are notified if we visit any illegal streaming sites such as pirate bay etc so I assumed I’d still be able to play. Super annoying! I suppose I could try a VPN in case it works

I was told by the IT service team at my uni that nothing is blocked on the wifi however they are notified if we visit any illegal streaming sites such as pirate bay etc so I assumed I’d still be able to play. Super annoying! I suppose I could try a VPN in case it works
Some of the security is done automatically using programed numbering and word filtering I believe. Perhaps the word pirate is getting blocked if they are blocking pirate bay. Are you at liberty to supply them the tlopo web address and see if they can give the site permission?
Another thing I recall is data feed allowance per node.

Some of the security is done automatically using programed numbering and word filtering I believe. Perhaps the word pirate is getting blocked if they are blocking pirate bay. Are you at liberty to supply them the tlopo web address and see if they can give the site permission?
Another thing I recall is data feed allowance per node.
Oh I see. I haven’t asked them or mentioned it, however I’m still able to log on the website and stuff or does that not make any difference? I also believe that illegal streaming sites aren’t actually blocked, it just notifies them if we use them I’m pretty sure, don’t wanna try it though lol

Back