Controller Support

Do you think they should support controllers?

• Yes

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
I have my controller infront of me but i cant use it because TLOPO does not support them.
Reply if you think they should support controllers or not.

I could be wrong but I believe TLOPO is and was meant to be originally a mainly pc game. I can understand controller support if your keyboard breaks but that sounds like a lot of work... with the new islands on the table and everything, numerous bug fixes that we need and other things, not only is it unlikely that they will ever try to give us controller support, its also highly unnecessary for most of the population of the game, going to say no for now but I believe that in the future, months, years, who knows, when devs have gotten most of the game sorted out, it is something that they might look in to.

I could be wrong but I believe TLOPO is and was meant to be originally a mainly pc game. I can understand controller support if your keyboard breaks but that sounds like a lot of work... with the new islands on the table and everything, numerous bug fixes that we need and other things, not only is it unlikely that they will ever try to give us controller support, its also highly unnecessary for most of the population of the game, going to say no for now but I believe that in the future, months, years, who knows, when devs have gotten most of the game sorted out, it is something that they might look in to.
I kind of agree with you. But we don't know if Disney had already included any coding addressing controllers or porting to console data. Maybe they did or didn't. But if something's in there, I would think that the crew would play around with this idea just for grins.

That is if they have time between working on tlopo and like, maybe, sleeping or eating. You know, trivial stuff when not working on tlopo.

I kind of agree with you. But we don't know if Disney had already included any coding addressing controllers or porting to console data. Maybe they did or didn't. But if something's in there, I would think that the crew would play around with this idea just for grins.

That is if they have time between working on tlopo and like, maybe, sleeping or eating. You know, trivial stuff when not working on tlopo.
I agree and see your point. I guess we need to see where this poll and discussion goes. Maybe we will get an official response.

Ahoy, Captain Ethan!

In regards to controllers support, I could only imagine you're referencing joystick controllers for a game console such as an XBOX or PS4. While @JessieTT has previously stated point and claim above, I do want to mention that players have made breakthroughs with this sort of idea, see here for reference. While the article linked and a standard gamepad controller have marginal differences, I do think the idea is there, and much of the game's core functions could and very well would be able to rely on of the simple mapping to a controller.

While it isn't something we'll likely see soon, I do feel as if things like this aren't entirely out of the realm of possibility, as concepts and written ideas have already started being produced. Who's to say we won't be playing TLOPO with XBOX Controllers in a year from now? I think that'd be awesome, personally.

Fair winds!

If anyone wants to play with controller PM me, I know da way... but you need to set every key to a button of your controller... it is not that hard though... but it would be nice for some more accurate implant by the game itself and not a bypass.

If anyone wants to play with controller PM me, I know da way... but you need to set every key to a button of your controller... it is not that hard though... but it would be nice for some more accurate implant by the game itself and not a bypass.

Ahoy, @El Matador del Mar!

I would advise you create a miscellaneous article under the Guides section if you have a way to have this done without the use of illegal programs or pirated content. I think that could help players who would like to test this while it is not implemented into the game as an official feature.

Fair Winds!

I would advise you create a miscellaneous article under the Guides section if you have a way to have this done without the use of illegal programs or pirated content. I think that could help players who would like to test this while it is not implemented into the game as an official feature.

Fair Winds!
Isn't there a way to hotkey binds already?

Isn't there a way to hotkey binds already?

Not that I'm aware of. There are configuration files for other Disney-created MMO's that have had mild "customization abilities" to their hotkeys and Binds, but I don't think POTCO/TLOPO is one of them.

Fair Winds!

I will asap, but my pc is being checked atm cuz a lot of RTX cards are dying... I wish could do it myself, but dead men check no pc

Back