Converstaions with Interpirate on why trading shouldn't be in Tlopo

Status
Not open for further replies.

squintz

Pirate Lord
As the title suggests, Interpirate has stated that the cons outweigh the pro's in trading. So I had questions as to what the cons were and felt to make a vehicle for Interpirate to list his reasons and such, even bullet point them, like Shamus likes to do and I and anyone else can counter point his contentions.
We hope Interpirate will use this thread to expand on his reasons of cons of trading without fear of conflict or drama so we can better understand other viewpoints.
Again, this thread is a debate pro and con of trading, not about what trading is or how to have trading or what if's.

This is an open discussion about trading pros and cons with one major caveat:
Anyone commenting, hinting or outright insulting posters as well as any kind of questioning why or what agenda a member has in responding pro or con, in other words aiming comments at the authors and NOT the content will have their post/posts immediately without notice or acknowledgement deleted and if off topic conduct continues, that member will be submitted to the forum mods for banning from the thread. Even slightly off topic posts will be requested removed.
No recourse.

Thanks.

Well, I was hoping for a mature response. I'm serious about people not being able to affront you on this thread and civil discourse could be had by both sides. I've tried to create a safe venue for audience.
The thread welcome stays open.
My apologies. I was reading this guide on how not to waste mental energy on the internet.

Imagine posting a thread for this reason:
We hope Interpirate will use this thread to expand on his reasons
If he wants to make a thread about his opinions, let him do it. Why did you make a thread for him? Based on the messages above he clearly doesn't care to discuss it. The whole creation of this thread just seems like a very convoluted way to argue with a member who clearly doesn't want to deal with you. Seems almost like naming & shaming....

I think you meant to press this buddy

My apologies. I was reading this guide on how not to waste mental energy on the internet.
I see. I'll assume you don't have anything handy to jot down and post about the details for the general player public reading this as this was not started as a personal conversation.

There is absolutely no pressure or time. It's up to you if you do or don't.
It was simply an open invitation to expound on reasons of the cons of trading since you're so sure and explicit about details.
Thanks and good luck.

Last edited:
I see. I'll assume you don't have anything handy to jot down and post about the details.
It was simply an open invitation to expound on reasons of the cons of trading.
Thanks and good luck.
nah i don't want to re-iterate previous points. trading as a whole is probably the most redundant thing discussed on this forums, it's been discussed, discussed and discussed. throwing around the same redundant arguments, pro's, con's, etc. It's trivial at this point and nothing much is going to come of it if nobody comes up with something new to throw in the debate.

I see. I'll assume you don't have anything handy to jot down and post about the details.
It was simply an open invitation to expound on reasons of the cons of trading since you're so sure and explicit about details.
Thanks and good luck.
Ya know, there's actually a great little feature in this forums that I'll just refer to as the "search bar", it allows you to see previous posts, including by specific individuals. You can use it to see that Internet Pirate has previously discussed this issue at length himself, as I just saw. I don't know why you're attacking him. You're basically breaking the rules of this forum by posting a topic that's already been discussed, and basically naming and shaming by doing so. You probably would've spent less time searching than you would have by posting this thread AND you would've even gotten whatever response you are begging for. Why so desperate for this guy's opinions? Who cares? I mean obviously you do so just look it up, dude.. he shouldn't have to repeat himself because you're too lazy to do a quick search.

nah i don't want to re-iterate previous points. trading as a whole is probably the most redundant thing discussed on this forums, it's been discussed, discussed and discussed. throwing around the same redundant arguments, pro's, con's, etc. It's trivial at this point and nothing much is going to come of it if nobody comes up with something new to throw in the debate.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't asking about trading in general or what other people talk about. I was hoping you could list your ideas or reasons that are cons of trading. I've never seen your points and coming from a developer this would be probably more concise.
I was hoping yours would be more like game theory or technical, not most other peoples vague comments about sword quality and extensive work ethics.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't asking about trading in general or what other people talk about. I was hoping you could list your ideas or reasons that are cons of trading. I've never seen your points and coming from a developer this would be probably more concise.
I was hoping yours would be more like game theory or technical, not most other peoples vague comments about sword quality and extensive work ethics.
Trading is really in the power of the beholder on how they use it. Not much you can give from the perspective of a developer.

Trading is really in the power of the beholder on how they use it. Not much you can give from the perspective of a developer.
I've really been searching the forums for your opinions and I couldn't come up with much at all that was clear. I didn't see the details you spoke of and felt you may have had something different to say.
In all due respect, you say you're a developer, and when a developer claims cons outweigh pros for a feature and they stated details, that would hold more weight with me than a normal player and felt you wouldn't have a problem talking about them.

But, if you don't that's fine and no obligation.
I just thought I'd try to open a dialog with someone more established in the gaming development sphere.
Thanks for responding IP.

...the "search bar", it allows you to see previous posts, including by specific individuals. You can use it to see that Internet Pirate has previously discussed this issue at length himself, as I just saw. I don't know why you're attacking him. You're basically breaking the rules of this forum by posting a topic that's already been discussed, and basically naming and shaming by doing so. You probably would've spent less time searching than you would have by posting this thread AND you would've even gotten whatever response you are begging for. Why so desperate for this guy's opinions? Who cares?...
I disagree. Also, not Name and Shame at all since the whole purpose is to acquire someone's insight (not talking smack or 'dissing' someone).

As a game developer, your own insight (upon a thing) is going to hold more weight than the average player's insight. This thread is looking for (public/current) answers with the hope of acquiring a concise and further expanded point-of-view upon a topic to which the rest of us, from a non-developer perspective, can learn from. Obviously, that may never happen if such insight, sought today, is not expanded upon...at a point in time later and further down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. Also, not Name and Shame at all since the whole purpose is to acquire someone's insight (not talking smack or 'dissing' someone).

As a game developer, your own insight (upon a thing) is going to hold more weight than the average player's insight. This thread is looking for (public/current) answers with the hope of acquiring a concise and further expanded point-of-view upon a topic to which the rest of us, from a non-developer perspective, can learn from. Obviously, that may never happen if such insight, sought today, is not expanded upon...at a point in time later and further down the road.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back