Corsairs of the Sea: Remember Me

bazilla is a talented person lol
rolleyes.gif

I need help. In the next two installments. There is going to be a female pirate. ( that's all I can give away) But I need a good name. Any suggestions?

Hey!!! You offended me! :p ... jk ...
Um, Cassandra Shorecastle? Idk ...

lol didn't mean too. Cassandra is already used in the Movie, and I need a real last name. Something you may hear in the real world
EDIT (Feb 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM):
The first name maybe Annabelle

That's what I thought ... since you already found the first name, it should not be too hard to find the last name ...
Allwright, Brightmore, Burchard, Cutteridge, Kenward, Sherrard, Leavey, Ordway ... want me to continue?
pirate.tongue.gif

What nationality origin was she ... those were Old English (a pirate, right? But I could be wrong ...). Spanish? French origin? I can look up more names ... :lol1:

hmm, She can be French or Old English. I didn't really think of her Origin. Whatever the choice is, She is born in the caribbean so I don't really have to add an accent France or England lol

Girard, Chevalier, Fournier, Lefevre, Brun, Desmarais, Moreau, Fitzroy, Balcomb, Beauchamp, DeGraff, Devereaux, Laroche, Montague ...
Eberlee, Haynesworth, Ingleby, Jenkinson, Kavanagh, Lonsdale, Metternich, Netherwood, Rainsford, Tremaine, Waldgrave, Dearsley ...

Heh, those are plenty ...

Girard, Chevalier, Fournier, Lefevre, Brun, Desmarais, Moreau, Fitzroy, Balcomb, Beauchamp, DeGraff, Devereaux, Laroche, Montague ...
Eberlee, Haynesworth, Ingleby, Jenkinson, Kavanagh, Lonsdale, Metternich, Netherwood, Rainsford, Tremaine, Waldgrave, Dearsley ...

Heh, those are plenty ...
Hmm, it's between Natherwood and Rainsford... Thanks Jade!

Chapter2: Counter Attack​
 ​

Back on deck the sails was being raised to full canvas, to get as much distance as possible
between the Pearl, and Port Royal. And more importantly, the island's defense cannons. Which by some stroke of luck weren't being fired. This was strange because the guards were always at
their posts.

The truth of the matter was the cannons had been sabotage earlier. When attempted to fire, the only thing that happened was the cannons implode on its self. And that was all thanks to
Basil.

Before Alex went on shore to play out the high risk game, he was told by Jack that Basil would Being his “back up” if things got hairy which they did, but Basil got side tracked. Instead of following Alex, Basil found that taking out the cannons would be better when they had to make Their escape. So, while Alex was left to defend himself to half of the Navy Soldiers on the Island, Basil was about to cause heck for the other half.

Alleyway by alleyway, he slowly made his way to Fort Charles, hiding behind barrels or walls anytime a Soldier passed. The fort was heavily guarded and there was no way a pirate, dressed as they are, could blend in with a bunch of Red Coats. He'll be sticking out like a sore thumb. Not to mention the attention to Personal hygiene would be put in question.
Basil went through the entrance that had a pathway that led to the Fort. When he saw a soldier, he ducked behind a wall.

So, here was Basil, clearly outnumbered to take on all of the soldiers by himself; and there
was a high chance of getting caught and being hanged, so what was he to do? That's easy of
course!

Knock out the closest soldier and put the poor bloke clothes.

Basil found his chance when He saw a lone soldier, gun in hand, patrolling. Basil who was hiding
behind the wall, looked around for a distraction. He found a rock, and threw it short of the
guard, hoping that he come and see where the noise came from.

Nothing

Basil, running out of ideas (even though that was his only one), taught of the next best
Thing.

"OI! You there!"

The soldier turn around, looking for where the sound came from.

" Over here mate!" He tried to sound as 'unpiratelike' as he could, which wasn't much. Basil
Waved his hand, the only part that the soldier could see.

"I need some help here; this barrel is heavy!"

The soldier was about to fall in one of the oldest traps in the book: The old trick-someone-
Into-going-around-the-corner-to-get-their’s-clothes-removed-for-a-disguise. So Clichéd.
As the soldier turned the corner, Basil gave him a good punch in the stomach, making him double over, followed by an elbow to the back of the neck to knock him out completely. After a few minutes of hiding the unconscious man, Basil was in the soldier clothes. Surprisely, it fitted well on him. He hid is own clothes next to a nearby tree. He had no intention of leaving with this uniform on; even though he looked good in it.

Phase one complete. Second phase: Sabotage.

Basil grabbed the soldiers' gun, and started to "march" Toward the Fort. On his way there, he passed a few officers along the way. If he remembered correctly, you were supposed to stand to attention whenever a high ranking person walked by. Fortunately for him, he remembered right.

They nodded at him as he walked by, and Basil was on his way. Up the steps he went, he turned right, then a quick left to see the courtyard facing him. And right in the middle was the
Gallows. Basil shivered. This could be the place where he gets hanged if this doesn't go well.
He started to walk ahead. High above there were more soldier at their posts, looking at the sea with the land cannons in front of them. Basil needed to disable those cannons if they were ever going to get out of port - alive. There were a few civilians around, but not enough to cause a distraction.

Basil swore to himself. He had no other choice; he would have to be face to face.
It was getting close to midday, to Basil; the sun's heat seemed to be getting more intense,
which it was; It was already getting hot under the uniform, He'd better make This quick.
Basil quickened his pace, while looking as clam as a Navy soldier could be, he made his way to the far end of the courtyard. At the end of it was the archway with the bell hanging under it.

Standing on either side was a Navy Guard. Even though he wasn't there at the time, he
remembered when Jack told him how he made his escape from the Navy. On the day Jack was supposed to be hanged, Basil remembered Jack telling him how his two friends, now Will and Elizabeth Turner helped him make is escape...

No! No time for that now, he had a job to do, (even though his job was watching the newbie.)
Making his way upstairs to the second level, he could see the British flag on its own third
Level, (It was like a small tower for it) the first cannon was located there, which was of
Course guarded by a naval soldier.

"What's with all these red coats?" Basil said to himself. And with that he went towards the
Soldier, trying to think of a way to get rid of him, but before he could say anything, the
Soldier spoke.

"Your here to relieve me of my duties, eh? It's about time; it's getting hot up here."

"Well, that was easy." Basil thought to himself

"Why, yes I am. Head back down and cool off, I got it from here."

"Excellent, mate! See you in a few."

And with that, he was gone.

"Time for sabotage" Said Basil to himself. He loved doing things like this- unpicking things to
Cause trouble.

He needs to find a way to clog the cannon to stop it from firing. (Now, there were only four
Cannons he had to worry about, this one would make five.)
He soon found a way, the wooden plug. (What else was there?) The Plug was used so that nothing goes inside the cannon when not in use, and Basil pushed it so far down that it would be almost impossible to get it out. So now when it's loaded with a cannon ball, which would sit on top of The plug, the blast would rip the cannon apart.

He did the same for the other four cannons, telling the men stationed there that their shift
was over. And like the Poor Idiots they were, they fell for it.
What he did not know was that all of this would come back to him...
Third and last phase: Get the heck out of there as fast as possible!

On the way back down, there was trouble. The same soldiers he had dismissed earlier were now surrounding the fort commander, and he was not happy.
One of the soldiers pointed toward Basil, and naturally, he made a "U" turn right back up the
Stairs.

"You there!" said the Commander.

"darn," Basil swore quietly. He turns and walks down to courtyard level. He walks innocently
Toward the group.

"Aye sir?" he said.

"What’s this about you taking these soldiers places?"

"Well-"

"They’re not even supposed to leave post for another half an hour!" He steps closer, "I’ve
Never seen you before; are you new?"

"Yes Sir! I was just eager-"

"That’s a lie!" Said the commander, "I know everyone coming in and out of here! and I never
seen you before!"

"Well, uh-"

"And where's Maxwell? He's supposed to be here!"
Maxwell? Must be the poor bloke.

Basil had to get out of there. He had no sword; it was back with his clothes outside the fort.
What about the soldier's gun? No, he left it up on the second level. He was running out of options.

"There’s something odd about you…”

This was it, he was caught, and the hangman noose was right there...
"Commander, commander!" Said a voice. It was yet another soldier, running towards the
Commander he appeared to be out of breath.

"Sir, sir!"

"What is it James? I already have a pressing matter about this here 'soldier.'"
"But sir! It’s important! A Pirate was spotted stealing the Governor's sword! He broke in to
the mansion, We need reinforcements!"

" Bloody... just my Luck! Alright then let’s go see what we can do. You to solider." he looks at
Basil "I have enough trouble already."
A group of twenty Solders followed the commander with Basil in the back. Now, he could make his Escape.

Basil followed the fast marching group down the main stairs in front of the fort. All he had to
do now was to get away from them- to lag behind; But how? Upon the first opportunity, (As they were nearing the entrance that would take them back up to the fort) Basil Started to slow his Pace. up to the point where he stashed his clothes, which didn't take long considering his
Pirate wear only consist of A white Embellished Vest, black pants, a jacket, a belt, which was used to hold his sword and gun, and his boots.

He threw the naval uniform aside. He didn’t care whether or not if any one found the clothes.
Maxwell was starting to stir. And that was Basil's Cue to go.
By now, the commander and his crew were far ahead, searching for the pirate that took the sword.

Little did they know that they had had another pirate right under their noses.
Basil was back on the street, now looking for Alex. He was just thinking about going up to the
Mansion when he heard an explosion near by followed by a plume of black smoke. The townsfolk ran in panic.

"That’s got to be Hayes." He said, "Or jack. Or both, either way I'll have to save them."
Basil followed the smoke, dodging the screaming civilians.

"Rooftop. Need to get on the rooftop." He thought to himself. He figured that if he was on a rooftop, he would be able to see Jack and/or Alex. He quickly found a ladder that was propped up on the side of an old building. Before going up, Basil stopped dead in his tracks. The Commander was a few yards away, staring right at him.

"YOU-"

Without hesitating, Basil jumped on the ladder and went up. He knocked it over to slow down
anyone, mostly the commander, from following him. But it didn't matter; the ladder broke in two went it hit the ground. He jumped over to another roof, ( A three foot gap between the two buildings) and found a rope, A few feet long.

" This could come in handy" he said to himself. After crossing one more roof, (This one
connected) He found Alex right below him with the sword in hand. Basil dropped the rope down and grinned. "Need a hand?"

"It’s about time you got here!" Alex replied...

Back